Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance (268 Views)

"To Die Is Gain, To Live Is Christ, I Choose To Die With My Faith" This Stateme / "To Die Is Gain, To Live Is Christ, I Choose To Die With My Faith" This Stateme / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ: "I HAVE Not Come To DESTROY, But To FULFILL.."—1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello Brethrens, permit me to withhold my real name for security sake. let's call me PETER. I am very confused if I really heard God or not. Last year after my National Youth Service Corps program, I join a church where my close acquaintances were worshipping as a Junior Pastor because I am called, and we were all doing things in unison. On of a sudden, I had this negative impression about the way Religion is being infused into the Church daily. And how prosperity message and the longing and desires to own private jets, smart auditoriums and driving Smart cars frequently becomes the message. The more i heard this visions the more bothered and weary I become. I knew in my Spirit that my longing is for JESUS. I needed to hear them preach Him more often than emphasizing on Prosperity. So I decided to Quit the Church because my burdens was becoming too much.
After some days fasting, I was inspired to seek Mentorship under a man I admired His grace for crowd and large fellowership when it comes to church growth. To my amazement, he asked me to become His associate Pastor. And I did because I wanted to know the secret to that large fellowership. Now, its Just 2months with Him. His attitude and emphasis on Business messages is getting me bored. JESUS is not the center of the preaching, Prosperity is. I don't know What else to do. I'm getting confused and quitting here now will not be good because he pays me a little token for my services though he makes me feel too inferior and scared with His attitude. Help me.
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by EmptyGarden(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
You wanted to know his secret, now you do... Prosperity preaching has become the live wire.

What you're looking for expired in the 90's. The Love for God and passion for souls has quickly turned to an unhealthy quest and competition for big auditorium and private jets.
If you were called, then He would have prepared a path for you, search inwards for that path.

1 Like

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by blackpanthar: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samostical:
Hello Brethrens, permit me to withhold my real name for security sake. let's call me PETER. I am very confused if I really heard God or not. Last year after my National Youth Service Corps program, I join a church where my close acquaintances were worshipping as a Junior Pastor because I am called, and we were all doing things in unison. On of a sudden, I had this negative impression about the way Religion is being infused into the Church daily. And how prosperity message and the longing and desires to own private jets, smart auditoriums and driving Smart cars frequently becomes the message. The more i heard this visions the more bothered and weary I become. I knew in my Spirit that my longing is for JESUS. I needed to hear them preach Him more often than emphasizing on Prosperity. So I decided to Quit the Church because my burdens was becoming too much.
After some days fasting, I was inspired to seek Mentorship under a man I admired His grace for crowd and large fellowership when it comes to church growth. To my amazement, he asked me to become His associate Pastor. And I did because I wanted to know the secret to that large fellowership. Now, its Just 2months with Him. His attitude and emphasis on Business messages is getting me bored. JESUS is not the center of the preaching, Prosperity is. I don't know What else to do. I'm getting confused and quitting here now will not be good because he pays me a little token for my services though he makes me feel too inferior and scared with His attitude. Help me.

Listen YOU MISLED YOURSELF.

Just like the YOUNG PROPHET in the bible that was misled by a older prophet... YOU LEFT THE OTHER CHURCH BECAUSE OF BURDEN.... but you didnt seek GOD to know his will when another opportunity came up... because YOUR GREED FOR CROWD AND LARGE FOLLOWERSHIP made you feel you found a better person.... YOU DIDNT EVEN MENTION HIS MESSAGES AND HOLINESS.

See bro, LUST OF THE EYES is not only about women... its also CROWD and LARGE FOLLOWERSHIP. Pls be wise.

If you truly desire holiness and old time way of serving God... then go and spend time with GOD alone and let him work on you properly then let him send you to a true church where you will be humbled and grow. Deeper life would be a good option... but forget about CALL and focus on your salvation/holy life first.

Kill whatever makes you crave for crowd or RECOGNITION and FOLLOWERSHIP.
Work on your finances... PAUL IN THE BIBLE WAS A TENT-MAKER, LAWYER and many more... so full time ministry does not mean you should not have SIDE-HUSTLE.... pls you need someone like Pastor Gbile Akanni... someone who is a FATHER that can really handle you well without the distractions of ministry.

3 Likes

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by davidinchrist(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samostical:

Friend, it's true you've found what you needed to know about common churches today. The Lord Jesus, Paul, Peter, John and others have warned that decline, men going after seducing spirits of Money and Popularity/Acceptance with the world will be certain these last days. In fact, I must confess, even in the BEST CHURCHES, that decline is there with their Founders or Head Pastors.

I'm not trying to form a Pastor/Prophet, but are you sure you've been really called by God? It's one thing to be called by men and self; it's strictly another thing to be called by God. To be called by self and men, you just got to convince them that you know some scriptures, have abilities to preach and do church activities and leadership things. Self also might quickly push one especially if such is still unemployed.

In other words, we must not imagine God's calling because of some Religious gifts we've got, or cos of some opinions of Religious men; alas, many of those men were never called in the first place themselves, but just acting Christianity in order to get busy and make money.

If truly you've been called, then God must have been preparing you through much testings, sufferings, situations and revelations. And you wouldn't tolerate any Sin in your Private life by judging yourself constantly. Because if a person is not willing to give up everything, he can't be Jesus' disciple. Luke 14:33.

Also, much Crowd is NOT necessarily the Mark of Church growth, please see John 6:66. In fact, it could be a curse sometimes, cos Jesus said Woe to you when men speak well of you... Try to see the event around John 6:66, and confirm what did happen to Jesus himself.

Please try to think about these things; like Paul said: "I think I have the Spirit of God."

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Samostical post=93172620]Hello Brethrens, permit me to withhold my real name for security sake. let's call me PETER. I am very confused if I really heard God or not. Last year after my National Youth Service Corps program, I join a church where my close acquaintances were worshipping as a Junior Pastor because I am called, and we were all doing things in unison. On of a sudden, I had this negative impression about the way Religion is being infused into the Church daily. And how prosperity message and the longing and desires to own private jets, smart auditoriums and driving Smart cars frequently becomes the message. The more i heard this visions the more bothered and weary I become. I knew in my Spirit that my longing is for JESUS. I needed to hear them preach Him more often than emphasizing on Prosperity. So I decided to Quit the Church because my burdens was becoming too much.
After some days fasting, I was inspired to seek Mentorship under a man I admired His grace for crowd and large fellowership when it comes to church growth. To my amazement, he asked me to become His associate Pastor. And I did because I wanted to know the secret to that large fellowership. Now, its Just 2months with Him. His attitude and emphasis on Business messages is getting me bored. JESUS is not the center of the preaching, Prosperity is. I don't know What else to do.

I'm getting confused and quitting here now will not be good because he pays me a little token for my services

Quit judging this men of God cos you are no different @the bolded. If you are truely
Concerned about Jesus being the center of their message and not business or money then @ the bolded won't be an issue or a reason not to leave. If it is, then you're business and money centred too.

Now I'm not trying yo be judgemental here. All I'm saying is, be the one to preach Christ or make him the center anywhere you find yourself either as an assistant or leader and dont wait on anyone to do that. Thats why you're there. To compliment and complete the messages, not to condemn and keep running from pillars to posts.

Make the difference in your own little way. And continue earning your money in peace. Remember, money answereth all things.

Shalom. smiley
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samostical:
What you're saying here is the sad reality of what the church has turned into, though many choose to remain blind to it.

Jesus warned severally about how riches and the cares of this world could choke the Word of God and make it unable to bear fruits as it should. Today we witness that Truth unfold before our very eyes with respect to the present day church and her leaders.

For you to leave a church because of that issue and still encounter the same thing in another church illustrates how deep, far and wide that virus, which is fast killing the church and making it to become saltless, has spread.

It's a good thing you discovered it but i wonder why it took you so long since you said it was just last year, better late than never though, for some never do.

That shows you truly love Jesus but next step is to prove how much you love Him like Peter had to do after Jesus asked him the question three times. So it may require you making some difficult decisions, but with God all things are possible. It's essential to be where God wants you to be so sincerely ask Him to help and guide you In that regard, and I believe He would.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samostical, How Did U Know Dat U Are Called By God Since U Are Confused Weda U Really Heard God Or Not?
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Are you really interested in worshiping God or you just want to flow with the thread?

If you truthfully want to worship with God's people, they're everywhere you are but there are things you need to know about the TRUTH

©God doesn't call anyone special for his work today.
©Nobody pay you for worshiping God amongst true Christians.
©No one is entitled "Pastor" among God's people, all of us are preachers.

If you're ready to know just signal by asking! smiley

1 Like

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Wisejohnson47(m): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
In all the getting get understanding, ask God to show you where you belong and he will show you

1 Like

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by davidinchrist(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Romans 3:4

Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by petra1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Samostical:
H. Now, its Just 2months with Him. His attitude and emphasis on Business messages is getting me bored. JESUS is not the center of the preaching, Prosperity is. I don't know What else to do. I'm getting confused and quitting here now will not be good because he pays me a little token for my services though he makes me feel too inferior and scared with His attitude. Help me.

To my understanding the message of prosperity is part of Gods plan . I dont know why its upseting you. Most Padtor preach in series. This nonth he is on one topic like evangelism next month he's on another topic . Don't use the topic of the hour to jusde a man
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Janosky: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
This one wants to set up his own business center (disguised as "called by God",their business mantra) but seems not to be willing to thread the path of his mentors who struck gold in their business grin
Re: Brothers In Christ I Need Guidance by Chiedu4Trump: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2020
Samostical:

Oh boy sorry to say in Nija there is no mega church that knows Jesus

You need to ask God where to go

All these massive churches are simply Biz Centers

Jesus is Lord but most of the preachers we have now are all Yahoo Pastors

(1) (Reply)

Who Would You Choose To Meet / We Must Understand That Every Words In The Bible Is Talking About Jesus. / Pastor E.A Adeboye And Wife Celebrate 53rd Wedding Anniversary (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.