Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer (17682 Views)

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower / Magu's Lawyer Reacts To Bawa's Appointment. Says 'Justice Has Not Been Served' / Magu's Lawyer To File For Bail: "My Client Has Not Been Suspended" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by iwaeda: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
A lawyer, Victor Giwa, says the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), ordered his arrest because he refused to implicate the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu.

Giwa said this in a statement on Sunday after he was released from the EFCC custody.

The lawyer was arrested alongside one Fatima Hassan last week shortly after they testified before the Justice Ayo Salami-led panel which is investigating Magu.

Giwa’s former client, Donald Wokoma, who was a Director at Damijay Integrated Services, had told the panel through a sworn affidavit that his bank account was frozen by Magu unjustly and he subsequently hired Giwa to sue the EFCC.

Wokoma, who is a former special assistant to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, had said after the court ordered that the account be unfrozen that Magu through his ‘boys’ demanded N75m from him as a condition for obeying the order.

Wokoma, who submitted text messages and audio clips of his conversation with Giwa, said the latter told him that Magu had demanded the money and advised him as his lawyer to pay the bribe.

However, when Giwa appeared before the panel, he denied the bribery allegation, insisting that Magu was a man of integrity. He was later arrested.

Giwa, however, accused the AGF of instigating his arrest.

He said this in a statement titled, ‘Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN) Is Using Donald Wokoma, My Erstwhile Client Against Me For My Refusal To Testify And Indict Ibrahim Magu, Acting Chairman of EFCC, At The Justice Ayo Salami Panel Investigating The EFCC Boss’.

The statement read in part, “On August 18 and 19, 2020, I was invited by the Justice Ayo Salami Panel, sitting in Aso Villa to testify against Ibrahim Magu through a conspiracy between the AGF, Malami (SAN) and Donald Wokoma, the sacked Special Adviser to Vice President Prof YemiOsibanjo, whom I have represented and secured a judgement in his favour.

“Donald Wokoma was investigated for fleecing the sum of N250m from amnesty programme, through his company Damijay Integrated Services, by receiving contracts he never executed. His account was restricted by the EFCC.

“On July 11, 2020, Donald Wokoma was scheduled to be arraigned before Justice Akanbi at FCT High Court, Lugbe. Donald Wokoma was absent and I represented him and the case was adjourned till October 10, 2020, for arraignment.

“Donald (Wokoma) in a desperate move to subvert the administration of justice, to quash or suspend his trial conspired with persons in the AGF office who had promised to frustrate the trial and release (sic) the restricted account.

“To achieve this aim, the AGF requested that Donald (Wokoma) have me to do a petition against Ibrahim Magu to the Justice Ayo Salami Panel, accusing Ibrahim Magu of graft and having me to testify against the (suspended) EFCC boss, an offer I declined.

“Donald (Wokoma) in cahoots with the AGF procured a lawyer who did the petition, which was forwarded by the AGF to the panel.”

The lawyer said surprisingly, Wokoma in a sudden twist, accused him of being a ‘Magu boy’.

“It was my refusal and my stand to defend the truth and not to consent to the subversion of Justice that the AGF ordered my arrest and that of Fatima Hassan, a lawyer, whose testimony absolves me and Ibrahim Magu from any wrongdoing,” Giwa added.

Attempts to get a reaction from the AGF proved abortive as he neither responded to calls nor a text message on Monday.

His Spokesman, Umar Gwandu, could not also be reached for comment.

https://punchng.com/malami-ordered-my-arrest-for-refusing-to-implicate-magu-lawyer/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Racoon(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Vendetta & social media trial charade-theìr hallmark in fighting corruption.Magu is having the dose of medicine he has dished out to others.As for Malami, your turn will also come.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Olokonlaa: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
O ga o
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Rorbin: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hmmm Naija
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by phlame(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
The only thing U owe yourself as a Nigerian is to be extremely wealthy... undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Jahzrockballer(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by ongodx4: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Northern Marlians.
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
A
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Badonasty(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
lol....this Malami na badt guy

3 Likes

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by MarcC: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
W
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Luckydubby7(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sincerely, I don't understand this buhari government at all.
The most confused administration in history of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by MrVicar(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Truth shall prevail
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Sojebrand(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
JohnEagle96:
Abeg free the man
I will design a professional 3d logo design for you and also business card for 3k only
Check my signature
you are one of the problem we have in this country, just imagine your comment.
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Trainee223: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Naija my country! I don't even know the devil in this case again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided the more you look, the less you see is the case

1 Like

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
angry

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by EyezofGod120: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by badoh(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
This Malami too should have been asked to step down to allow for proper investigation. As the chief law officer of the country, his name has been dragged in the mud and he needs to clear himself of all the allegations made against him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by anonimi: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Sincerely, I don't understand this buhari government at all.
The most confused administration in history of Nigeria.

The most pretentious government is what you meant to say.
Steadily the corruption and integrity garb is being unwrapped and the unclothedness of the fraudulent packaging is revealing itself for those with eyes to see instead of being zombies following blindly.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3430030_images17_jpeg7453be234d41ebdec865dd61317d8a9e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6267651_1510641139934_jpege8dffaed6f52da138b21556e4465e5b5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by dex4sure: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
mad people full this country sha

1 Like

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Golden057(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
The presidential register shows that Buhari has been absent from office and he is hereby declared.....
#Presidentinabsentia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by hapholaby: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
When two mad people dey fight for public, na to just siddon enjoy the view.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by ItsCheeze(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Lady16(f): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Xmas is close yet I neva make up to the amount I targeted. What to do?
Re: Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer by Yus2020: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Apc +Buhari =Power drunk
Nigeria economy is on the ground yet they are busy looting
If Apc governed this nigeria for another 8yrs Nigeria will be sold out they are just after power not good leadership

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Office In Benue On Fire (Photos) / 2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Lagos Market Clash: Unions Threaten To Cut Tomato Supply To South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.