Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower (48064 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist / Frame-Up: FG Issues Statement On Obasanjo's Looming 'Arrest' & 'Detention' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Islie: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
A human rights organisation, under the aegis of George Uboh Whistleblowers Network, on Monday advised President Bola Tinubu to direct law enforcement agencies to collaborate with whistleblowers in solving crimes and recovering stolen funds.
The organisation highlighted the significance of whistleblowers in exposing corruption and wrongdoing and emphasized the need to shield them from retaliation.

The Chairman of GUWN, Dr George Uboh, who canvassed the views during a press conference held at the Abuja council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, also revealed how he was arrested and detained for 101 days in 2019 after he exposed the Forex scam by the embattled former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele.

He, therefore, suggested the implementation and strengthening of the whistleblower policy, with the establishment of an independent office to safeguard and compensate whistleblowers.

Uboh commended President Bola Tinubu for his courage in arresting a partisan CBN governor whose unprecedented crimes against humanity, the Nigerian masses were many.

The activist also highlighted the importance of appointing a person with prior experience in whistleblowing to lead the office and protect whistleblowers from any adverse treatment.

Uboh said, “While the media is replete with reports of Emefiele’s corruption post-arrest, pre-arrest, however, no Nigerian dared criticise the Almighty Emefiele. George Uboh Whistleblowers Network (hereinafter GUWN) exposed Emefiele’s corruption regarding forex fraud of over US$3 billion via letters written to Emefiele on or about April 1, 2019

“On May 15, 2019, the day Emefiele appeared before the Senate for screening and clearance for his second tenure, I was arrested in my Maitama office. I was detained for 101 days for defamation of Emefiele’s rotten character. The then Chief Judge, FCT, Ishaq Bello refused to hear my bail application. DIG Mike Ogbizi verbally denied me bail after I fulfilled the administrative bail granted to me by his men at Force CID.

“We humbly request that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR direct law enforcement agencies to work with whistleblowers in order to solve crimes swifter, trace and recover mind-boggling funds stolen or trapped.

“Whistleblowers play a vital role in the fight against corruption, and it is crucial to protect them from adverse treatments and compensate them.”

https://punchng.com/cbn-fx-scam-how-emefiele-ordered-my-arrest-detention-for-101-days-says-whistleblower/?amp

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by LagosFirstSon: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emefiele really commited many atrocities on Buhari's order against the Nigerian people

they sponsored UGM and IPOb to create insecurity in the south east

They killed Gulak in south east to paint the south east people in bad light but that plan failed .

Tinubu is a product of Buhari's APC so we not falling for the yeye arrest and investigation bullshit stories.

167 Likes 24 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Ihateheadslamer: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
No matter what Nigerian politicians do they're all thieves.. tongue

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by RAND250: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Emefiele really commited many atrocities on Buhari's order against the Nigerian people

They killed Gulak in south east to paint the south east people in bad light but that plan failed .

Tinubu is a product of Buhari's APC so we not falling for the yeye arrest and investigation bullshit stories.

And no one cares about your opinion tongue

461 Likes 35 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by ba7man(m): 9:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Emefiele was a mole in Buhari's govt, inherited from GEJ's administration, a PDP product and he was used to sabotage the APC administration and paint it in bad light.

His loyalty was to himself, Gov Okowa and Atiku at a stretch.

I knew something was wrong when Arise tv, Peter Obi and Atiku supported the Naira policy close to elections.

When your enemies applaud your move, be very wary. They knew it's implications on the people but they encouraged and supported it.

They didn't mind the whole Nigeria suffering just for them to ruin Tinubu’s chances and them winning.

Know the enemies of the nation.

450 Likes 41 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Muhammad234: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Elewele

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by beelon1020(m): 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
The life of scam and scammers
Doesn’t end well.

11 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by slawomir: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Emefiele is a solid man

He is gonna weather the storm and beard the lion

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by chuose: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Sunofgod(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Rubbish
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by integrity16(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by magabounce(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hmmm
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by tobenuel(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
The devil in you
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Mandygees(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emefiele don enter em today
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by superCleanworks(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Do not be shocked to see that Emefiele will be set free after all this plenty news.

ANYTHING can happen in this country.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Starships4u(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Don't worry,
He's in a cell now,
Might not be the same place yhu were.....

Buh we are glad he's behind bars....

LagosFirstSon:

As much as I believe yhur first line, I can't verify the accusations in yhur second and third line...
However, yhu are entitled to yhur own believe and opinions....

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Khastro(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emefiele worked for unseen cabal who did not guarantee his safety.
Instead of working to promote the commoners interest.
Why didn't he even take his leave before Buhari handed over?
Nemesis though.
They'll give him Metu style

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Basicend: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
How can there be a gap / variance of about #300 between the official USD rate and black market within a given state.

Terrible transparency and competency issue concerning the CBN governor.

Buhari and his cohorts BDC companies were making at least N300 on every dollar they sold. . Hmm, milking Nigeria to the ground.

Emefiele should have resigned if he had a conscience.

They wanted to eliminate poor Nigerians with Ultra-Poverty.

What a shame.

440 Likes 30 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by princeade86(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

arrest buhari as well.

3 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by EOD2021: 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
God
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Gidimolo01(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Omooo
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by teeboi73: 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by lastmessenger: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
How dollar rose from 200 to 750 under this mirror head of a man is one of the seven wonders of the last administration. God will punish him and Buhari.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by bluefilm: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wetin Kwansign me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Felix6: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

you wise. Let's meet at the village square for a drink (palm wine)

3 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by bewla(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
U
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Reelmii: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hmm
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Ihateheadslamer: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Go and drink water tongue
teeboi73:

Mumu
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by MorataFC: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
cheesy
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by okorogodwin4(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
RAND250:

And no one cares about your opinion tongue
someone cares about his opinion because he just said the truth but tribal and religious hatred will never allow you to see beyond your nose shame on you

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Otti Wins Polling Units In Umuahia / Troops Neutralize Female Suicide Bomber - (Graphic Pics) / Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.