Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

History: How Luwabi Judged The Matter Of Awoniyi And The Hunters - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / History: How Luwabi Judged The Matter Of Awoniyi And The Hunters (199 Views)

Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer / How You Will Be Judged When You Get To Heaven After You Pass On / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

History: How Luwabi Judged The Matter Of Awoniyi And The Hunters by OtemAtum: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
It is no more alien to us that a very wise Yoruba prodigy named Luwabi twice existed in both the Homo Sapiens era and the Homo Erectus era. His wisdom surpassed the wisdom of both Solmani Erectus and Solomon Sapiens, yet he was an Aferkian/African in both incarnations. Here is how Luwabi judged the matter of Awoniyi and the hunters who were in disagreement over an animal killed in the wild.

Luwabi 9: 1- 16
1. According to the teaching of Luwabi, the hunters who shot a wild animal first would be the owner of the animal when it has fallen dead.
2. Now Awoniyi, who was a very great hunter, after consulting Ifa, was told by the thummim, saying, you shall kill an efon today. Therefore Awoniyi went with the arrows which he made from pepe, the back of oparun.
3. Now when Awoniyi had searched so much for animals in the bush, he found an efon, which he chased about, throwing arrows at it. Suddenly, he did not see the animal again.
4. Now Awoniyi was sad, saying, did the Ifa priest not say that I shall kill an efon today? Why then did the animal escape?
5. Now Awoniyi began to head back home, for he was very tired. Then he saw some homos cutting an efon into pieces. And Awoniyi saw some arrows beside the dead animal, which had the colour of the pepe he had shot at them.
6. And Awoniyi recognised both the pepe and the animal. And Awoniyi told them, saying, that is my efon, but the people said, how do you say it is your own?
7. We found it lying down beside our abata(hut) and we caught it and say, we shall roast it and put the meat in our pot. So why do you say it is your own?
8. Then Awoniyi said, I shot at it and it was injured, then it escaped nearly dead. Now give it to me, because it is my own.
9. Now when the matter was great, the three homos took the case to Luwabi, with some of the arrows shot still in the body of the efon.
10. Now when Luwabi saw the animal, he knew already what the case was. And Luwabi said. Now when the two homos claimed the animals as their own, Luwabi asked them, saying, who owns these arrows in the body of the efon?
11. Then the two homos said, we do not know. Then Awoniyi said, the arrows are my own. Then Luwabi said, Awoniyi, not only are the arrows your own, but the meat also belongs to you. For you are the ones who shot at it.
12. Now the two homos were angry. And they said, baba Luwabi, you have not judged the matter well. The animal belongs to us because we found it lying lifeless beside our abata. And we slaughtered it, saying that we shall cook it in our gbegi’i soup which is already on fire.
13. Now Luwabi said, you found an efon lying dead beside your Abata and you brought out your knives and axes to cut it to pieces. Do you think that his death was caused by drinking water to stupor? Do not you know that someone must have hunted it.
14. Now Luwabi faced Awoniyi and said, if you will do it well, cut the efon into two and take half-part of it while they go with the other half. For there is joy in sharing your meat with others.
15. Now Awoniyi thanked Luwabi and shared the meat with the homos. And they, being enemies before, became friends with one another.
16. So Luwabi’s fame spread into other lands, because he knew how to teach the people morals with things which were happening around them. And the morality of the children of Odua was well-known in many lands.

2 Likes

Re: History: How Luwabi Judged The Matter Of Awoniyi And The Hunters by OtemAtum: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
Learn histories

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DCLM Daily Manna 1 September 2020 – Take Your Stand / Smile And Be Happy Because Jesus Christ Is Coming Soon! / What Can You Say About These Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.