Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council (21394 Views)

Ayatu Momoh: Federal Poly Offa Lecturer Slumps And Dies In Kwara (Photo) / John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by DonroxyII: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Queenlovely:
it breaks my heart to see so called professor emeritus behaving like garrage touts, even touts are now organized, they carry out peaceful election and handover of power.

from lagos to Port Harcourt, it's the same story, inter departmental rivalry, lecturers with PhD mingle with PhD lecturers and look down on other lecturers

The reason that university politics is so vicious is because stakes are so small
Henry Kissinger

if the stakes are small why are we competing and not cooperating, it's like one million people wanting to use a small door at the same time
That's just life sis ... it's life's code ... birds of same flocks together .... Professors also look down on Senior Lecturers.... Professors also look down on Professors based on your seniority (Year of Professorship) ....

During the inauguration of one professor like that , a senior professor told him "now that you are a professor doesnt mean you have arrive, anytime anyday, I'm your lecturer because I taught you. So you will always be a baby professor to me" .....

In Nigeria, academia is never about knowledge nor discovery of new knowledge through research, we have brought our Domestic culture into everywhere sphere of our life be it government, governance, politics, academia etc !!

2 Likes

Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by anonimi: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
atemi01:
Channels tv, a television station where you can get political, economic and security analysis devoid of petty sentiment and hatred. Objectivity is their watchword

Objectivity paid for by Buhari and APC

1 Like

Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by saajus: 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Professor, Doctorate and stuffs are now politics in Nigeria. If you know the right people, you will get those titles in no time in Nigeria.

Professors with no impacting researches, are those ones professors. What they do now is copy and paste others researches. They copy word for word.

Queenlovely:
it breaks my heart to see so called professor emeritus behaving like garrage touts, even touts are now organized, they carry out peaceful election and handover of power.

from lagos to Port Harcourt, it's the same story, inter departmental rivalry, lecturers with PhD mingle with PhD lecturers and look down on other lecturers

The reason that university politics is so vicious is because stakes are so small
Henry Kissinger

if the stakes are small why are we competing and not cooperating, it's like one million people wanting to use a small door at the same time
Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by HomoDroid(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
NORSIYK:

They are pro Apc and bias when it comes to national issues, they don't dare go against the present government

'Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?' -Psalm 2 Verse 1

Is it not Channels TV statehouse reporter that is suspected to have licked the video of Oshio and Gambari?
Is it not Channels TV that interviewed Mailafia where the issue of Commander General of Boko Haram issue came up?

I have been watching ChannelsTV for a while, they appear to be the most balanced and professional when it comes to political reports in Nigeria. Please quote me!

I think the appointment of Momoh has to do with the need to carry the ALUMNI along and douse tension in the Academia. The Govt already has more than enough to chew as per the continual tango with ASUU, NASSU, NANS, MUSU and co. The tertiary institutions are due to unlock, so government needs to create a conducive environment by quickly tackling the situation, moreso with adequate knowledge and info available to the Visitor through his Vice!
Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by 9gerian: 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hope Babalakin can now rest having achieved his aim of removing the VC by all means. I wonder whether he planned removing himself too in the process.
Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by Emmanuelolu1000: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
Congratulations sir. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by gbengaeed(m): 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
The President of University of Lagos Alumni Association Worldwide, Dr John Momoh, has been appointed interim chairman of UNILAG Governing Council. stupid Nigerian youth can not comprehend again, to them everything is about federal government.
Re: John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council by Khez: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
No wonder his station has been compromised

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Preparing For Gmat And Graduate School in The US / 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. / Complete Timetable For The May/june 2018 WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.