Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? (258 Views)

Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says / Atiku Abubakar Plans To Fight Corruption - PDP Reveals / I Joined APC To Help FG Fight Corruption, Says Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Digitalcreator(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Seriously.. This is an open question to everyone
If you were the President of Nigeria, how will you fight corruption ?
Responsible comments please
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Baawaa(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
You will first zero your mind from stealing public money and your pass must not stand against your present status.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by irvene: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
this question is really touchable
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by psucc(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
First would be to sack all heads of PHCN, Send all Army back to barracks, in fact, public execution through firing squad of all FERMA heads/directors, all police officers sacked.

In fact, I will even pai before killing all those that have ruined this country.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by dukeprince50: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
I can't fight corruption cos I can only trust myself and u cannot change everyone's mentality, all I'll do is to create a lot of development, where there is development there is always less crime, then I'll give power to the country which I know very well will boost young industries to grow and boost entrepreneurial spirits, by this, there will be Jobs for people, Nigeria matter is that there is no Job and there is corruption
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Digitalcreator(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Let's move this to the front page pls
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by KNOWMORE56: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
By 1st arresting myself, if I'm corrupt; follow by my family members and friends, if they are corrupt.

Others don't need to be told what I'm going to do to them, if they are corrupt!
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Lamasta(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Strengthen the institutions and appoint credible people to man it then add political will to it with this corruption will be reduced but eradicating it I can't guarantee
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
First and foremost,

Life imprisonment or dead sentence for every corrupt politicians!!!

After 4 years or 8 years, any leader (president, governors, Local Government chairman e.t.c) who couldn't account with evidence his achievements while in office, should e sentenced to death!!!

Imprison all the NEPA, PHCN, Discos top officials and employ those who have something to offer!!!

Build a strong institutions with incorruptible leaders to inspect and supervise those working under them to serve the people

Create easy ways to access soft loans to every Nigerians

Each ministry have alot of hot lines citizens can reach out to, to make suggestions or complain! Citizens brilliant ideas to be implemented

Any minister not functioning within 2 years should be sacked

Make it impossible for corrupt individual to get job elsewhere by printing their attrocities online after conviction

I remember those days when students misbehaves and are suspended or expelled from the school, parents are immediately informed!!!

It makes people sit up and avoid problems that could cause their parents heart ache or bring shame to their community

But while you are at it, don't forget the people's welfare, that is paramount cause an hungry man is an angry man!!!
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by rottennaija(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Digitalcreator:
Seriously.. This is an open question to everyone
If you were the President of Nigeria, how will you fight corruption ?
Responsible comments please

Forget it, you can't fight corruption in Nigeria, its endemic and is institutionalised. You can only succeed if you are ready to spill blood, because corruption is endemic in all facets of the country.

You cant fight corruption in Nigeria without bloodshed.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by rottennaija(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
psucc:
First would be to sack all heads of PHCN, Send all Army back to barracks, in fact, public execution through firing squad of all FERMA heads/directors, all police officers sacked.

In fact, I will even pai before killing all those that have ruined this country.
Don't forget that corruption is endemic in the army. So when they see how you go about it, what do you think will happen? They will know that someday, their heads will be in the line.

Forget, you wouldn't last 6 months without a coup plotted against you with 500% success.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by Vyzz: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
cool
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by psucc(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
rottennaija:

Don't forget that corruption is endemic in the army. So when they see how you go about it, what do you think will happen? They will know that someday, their heads will be in the line.

Forget, you u wouldn't last 6 months without a coup plotted against you with 500% success.
Exactly! That informed the last paragraph.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by juman(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
EFCC should be independent.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by orunto27: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Decentralize Securities by Sharing APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING, RESOURCING ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FULLY WITH THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.

AND RESTRICT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY AND TREATIES..

REVERSE REVENUE ALLOCATION FORMULA TO GRASSROOTS TO F.G.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by helinues: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Why should I be a Nigeria president in the first place...

When I am not tired of the goodies of life
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Fight Corruption ? by ambu2: 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
I will adopt Chinese style since we love their loans.

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Interfaced With Community Leaders, Governor On S/kaduna Killings -osinbajo / Nasarawa Executive Council Endorses Establishment Of Bureau For Rural Developmen / Shock As Igbo Release What Will Happen In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.