Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist (28081 Views)

Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult / Eyo Charles: Journalist Attacked By Fani-Kayode Speaks On Ordeal / Akpabio Vs Nunieh: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by stephanie11: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has cleared the air on an incident involving himself and a journalist recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yx8jVPNDkY

During my tour of the South and after a long and successful press conference in Calabar, Cross Rivers state, a journalist put up his hand for the last question and said,

"Well we do not know who is bankrolling you".

This is not a question but an assertion and an insult..

And if this insulting ASSERTION were made before Trump or OBJ I know how they would have reacted. Above is my response & I have no apology to offer for it. The young man apologised to me during the press conference & sent his apologies to me after the conference..

..I have accepted his apologies & moved on. I have always had respect for journalists & always will. Those of them that know me or worked with or for me over the last 30 years can attest to that. However there is a distinction between asking a question & offering an insult.

...This is all the more so when it is clear that the assertion was sponsored and engineered by my political enemies who wanted to use the young man to insult and embarrass me and question my integrity. Well they got more than they bargained for.

.I repeat this was not a question but an assertion and an gratutious insult and I will not accept that from any man born of woman. Thank you.

Permit me to add the following. I have taken note of the report by Daily Trust on the incident. The content is false. I didn't send any of my security men to threaten their reporter. I only reprimanded him for a premeditated plan to embarrass me & he apologised..

thereafter. That was all.

This is not a battle between me and the esteemed Nigerian journalists who respect the ethics of the noble profession. I have always been and will always be a friend to journalists and a champion of freedom of speech. What I will not accept are..

..brazen insults from an individual in the name of journalism. The assertion or assumption that I am being bankrolled by anyone is deeply insulting. Finally to the NUJ I say u have got me completely wrong. It would have been better if you had heard my own side of the story..

...and established who was behind this whole incident and attempt to embarrass me, who paid for it and how much they paid before going to press. Nevertheless I still hold you in high esteem.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1298285432929751040

3 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Charmingrascal(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
He has shown Nigerians that he can't take a quarter of what he always say to people.

He is a bully who doesn't want to bullied
Hypocrite!

251 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Benbellamor: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
The question from the journalists implies that

Ffk has no job to be funding his trips and elaborate lifestyle

Suggest that FFK is bankrupt and need Someone to actually be Pushing him to roll to keep up with his peers

The best answer is to block further injury done already to FFK status by the inexperienced journalists..

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by collum(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK is simply unstable in mind, nothing stop him from answering such question with a joke and everyone smile over it. No amount of apology can undo his wrong deed

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Golan007: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
The uncouth and often garrulous Femi Fani-Kayode cannot take half of what he dishes out without restraint.

It is often the case with bullies and loud mouths.

He was not only taken aback but taken to the cleaners by a single line of questioning.

I think more journalists should get on the case of the village idiot.

His Achilles heel is out for all to see.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Olalan(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
The outburst is uncalled for.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by omenka(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
What is there to explain?

You're an intolerant brute who cant take a drop of the ocean you give others to drink.

Isn't this the same punk asking us to overthrow the government? Imagine him being the Nigerian leader and someone somewhere is calling for the overthrow of his government!

I pity all those who shamelessly extol this vindictive imp as a democracy crusader. Ffk would be a dictator of the worst kind if given a chance to govern a state or country. Bragging on national tv to having a very short fuse.

What a shame.

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by bolaayenimo: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK is mentally unstable. He was bankrolled for the trips

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Benbellamor:
The question from the journalists implies that
FFK has no job to be funding his trips and elaborate lifestyle

Suggest that FFK is bankrupt and need Someone to actually be Pushing him to roll to keep up with his peers

The best answer is to block further injury done already to FFK status by the inexperienced journalists..

Cut the crap. Stop sounding like a sycophantic asslicker, all in the name of whatever.
FFK overreacted and that makes him look not so different from the people he criticizes. The verbal attack on the journalist was way too much.
For the record, majority of you guys in Politics section are zombies. Even though you divided yourselves into two, where one side regard the other as zombies, but all I see is zombies and sophisticated zombies. Most of you are always bias in your judgment, always defending crap or twisting the truth.

It's very easy to become a zombie, that is why, while I'm religious, I also allow elements of freethinking, so as not to become a victim of cheap brainwashing. While I support a party, I try to be realistic so as not to end up a zombie.
Being a zombie tarnishes sound intelligence and most people won't count on your judgment since it's very much predictable.
We can't help being bias once in a while, but it doesn't mean you become a cheap zombie on every trivial matter.

By the way, the OBJ this FFK is trying to compare himself with wouldn't likely create a long scene of childish display and intolerance FFK created. FFK already turned it to a war of verbal assault on the journalist, plus the petty display of ego and lack of self control.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by festacman(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dear FFK, recall those nasty things you said about Vice President Prof Osinbajo, what are they? Assertion and insult or question?

You see your life, FFK, you see your life! tongue

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by wwwihy: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK is a tyrant. Brought Journalism to disrepute.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by helinues: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
He shouldn't only clear the air, let him clear the space as well..

Intolerant fellow

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Nadaken: 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Changing the question to suit your narrative won't help you.

You went too far

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by ManOfCompetence(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good for the journalist..He deserves no apology since he made an assertion and not a question...on a second thought FFK outburst was outrageous...He called someone Father stupid on national televisiongrin

8 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by IduNaOba: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Where was SON when it was brought in?
How about customs?
Meanwhile
Igbo Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by coscj(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Many can criticise but only few can LEAD!
He has shown Nigerians how intolerable he is.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by ivandragon: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK missed it on this one.

In the first place, indirectly positioning yourself in the category of Trump or OBJ is out of context...

Second, you can't accuse others of intolerance when you exibit same. A witty response would have been more appropriate...

23 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by ednut1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Take Crack head serious at your own peril. He is of no electoral value and those trips were meaningless.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by yenereal(m): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
cool

It ended in pains.

9 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by ipobarethieves: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
undecided Give FFK food,he'll sing/dance for u.That journalist is a lily livered one.He probably apologize to the TAX COLLECTOR agent cos of gov Ayade..Wic useless law office dey give u money? Yeye man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Samsimple(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
This country na cruise
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by tesppidd: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
"Do you know who I am?"

"I am a former minister"

"I am a lawyer"

Surprisingly today he did not say "I graduated from Cambridge"

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by PureGoldh(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Issoryt....local man is just speechless for now

Meanwhile,if you need Raw Original Honey...don't hesitate to contact O81 O1 66 67 71 let's talk about it now...Stay blessed ans Safe fam.. cheers
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by oluwamile(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kayode is just a fool
So egoistic and power drunken
Imagine doing this on a live press conference,only God knows what you will do without the cameras
He insults buhari and osinbajo at any slight opportunity,now he can't condone a simple question that requires no or yes

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Just one question baba dey shalaye anyhow.If this man comes to channels or tvc that means it's probably security men that would have to hold him after penetrating questions and brutal Jabs.

7 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by ProfAmaben(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
The journalist deserved what he got.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by shiki(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
grin FFK Chairman chest beaters association

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by fredoooooo: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Oloshi . If everyone dey speak on all the rubbish you dey speak , wetin go remain to talk ... useless being , omo ale enu n ja wire cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by IgboSomalia: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
They set trap for FFK and he fell headlong. Foolish nonentity who couldn't give PDP just 10 votes in his ward.

FFK used to be on Nairaland with the moniker of Cramjones. His posts were like the ramblings of an incurable lunatic.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
K
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by yourgistpartner: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
later he will write one foolish article on how much bully Trump is, the guy fall hand jare make he go sit somewhere

Can you imagine this coming from a man without any official power yet. When this one blow Ehn, DSS will be locking people up anyhow

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Is The ‘general’ Of Common Sense Revolution – Tinubu / Ambode At The Labana Rice Mill In Kebbi State / Catholic Bishops Of South Africa Respond To Xenophobic Attacks In Honest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.