Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist (28094 Views)

Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult / Eyo Charles: Journalist Attacked By Fani-Kayode Speaks On Ordeal / Akpabio Vs Nunieh: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Minjim: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2020
HabaHaba:

It's not everyone that is hypocritical my brother.

I myself, would have said worst.

The worst thing to happen to a man to become a Sissy before any other man, for no stupid reason!!!

No matter what, be YOUR OWN MAN! & take responsibility for your actions, no regrets, whatsoever.

I RESPECT FFK MORE BY HIS REACTIONS, HE SAID HE DOES NOT REGRET IT AT ALL, AND I LOVE THAT!!!

Just like FFK, you're a sadist

1 Like

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by oluwamile(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2020
GEEBITE:
Condone*
it was a typo fam
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by luvme0702: 8:42am On Aug 26, 2020
To be sincere, what the journalist said is an insult. I won't tolerate it too but FFK would have been a little more milder with his reaction. He was harsh but we condemn him cos we saw it on national TV. What about many us who react worse when no one is watching? With our spouse, friends,relatives etc? He is just human afterall.
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by WoundedLamb: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Minjim:

You can't impose a particular tactic on every journalist. There is a reason why we are told to think outside the box.
Many famous journalist are renowned for being fierce and asking blunt questions. It all depends on the mentality of the person they're asking. FFK is full of himself.
FFK had been to Zamfara, Anambra and now Cross Rivers. He has never been seen in a law court before. He was minister 13 years ago. Who is bankrolling such VIP trip
is a relevant question. (Maybe you can tell me how else to ask it).
I only blame that man and other journalist there.
Read below how other journalist treated a whole American president when they felt he was racial profiling an Asian -American journalist cos if a question she asked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/05/trump-testy-asian-american-reporter-media-briefing-200512001527879.html

Journalist have to be united in standing up for each other in Nigeria not preoccupied with a brown envelope.

It is not just a tactic, it is basic journalism. Even the fiercest of them all like Amanpour and co. know how to provide soft landing for themselves. We don't know the man's investments so saying he's been out of court for long is not enough reason to assume he could not sponsor himself. You might as well ask him who is feeding him and tell me it's OK since he's jobless. I appreciate styles and approaches cause journalism is about getting answers, the need for answers is far more fundamental than appearing fierce on screen and the journalist is expected to apply every tactic to make the answers come out but then again, this does not trump the basic principle which is that the journalist must be unassuming. He must not ask suggestive questions without first building his premise. Take a look at this:

"You've travelled quite a lot and one can only imagine the cost of such extensive coverage especially in this hard times, are you being supported/sponsored/ partially or fully by anyone or any organization?"

The above is a seemingly harmless question that could lure the ex-minister into accepting he's being bankrolled and the journalist could use that premise to strike him with the question of who was bankrolling him. This way, he wouldn't have a reason not to answer and we would have known by now who was spending public funds on FFK (which was the aim of the journalist). But instead, he started with:

"Who is bankrolling you?"

Compare the question above and the one I suggested and tell him which one sounds more like Christiana Amanpour. Like I said, we're hitting hard on FFK cause a lot of people don't like him and he went overboard with his reaction but we must also acknowledge the tactlessness of the journalist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by Muna4real(f): 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Well, I see nothing wrong with what fani kayode said. This would teach journalists a lesson. I would have been angry with the question too. I don't take nonsense.
Re: Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist by HabaHaba: 7:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Minjim:

Just like FFK, you're a sadist

I would never respond to foolish statements like yours.
We don't know each other, just NL that has given you the audacity to write any stuff and insult people. I will never condescend to your level of lower sense of reasoning.
Keep it up, and entertain your ilk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CPS To Governor Sanwoolu Stops Car Owner Taking One Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / APC Disqualifies Segun Abraham, Tinubu’s Ally / Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.