Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa (48655 Views)

10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria / Phones With Impressive Specs In 2018 / 6 Latest Nokia Android Phones With Prices And Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by jericco1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
tsspsolutions:

A friend of mine told me last year he would never used any Chinese made phone again in his life. I asked him how about the high-end Chinese phones, he still said no. He didn't state the reason but something told me it has to do with something serious. BTW, the guy is a lawyer.

Honestly it is irritating, that's why they always have issues with the US
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by sunshineV(f): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
lol the chinese can be crazy but whats more crazy is howtecno and infinix marketers fled this thread lmao sukanmiwise, edoairways, awoo47 etc just japa without opening the thread at all na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Flytime: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
King44:
on top phone wey I go change soon
google translation?
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by cute75(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
Opiosko:
It's an open secret that Chinese companies can not be trusted on quality and security issues. But there's a limit you would expect them to go. It does however, seems like they are ready to descend to the lowest hell if that would make profit for them.

At a time when America is mobilising the West not to use China-linked companies in 5G network, and banning Chinese tech like Tiktok, one would expect them to be more accountable. Apparently, they are turning to Africa to continue with their nefarious activities.

Only God knows how many companies are engaged in many of the evils China is exporting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53903436.

Your source is not opening..... please give us a credible source
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by nkemjacob2(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
No wonder trump dey ban ban dem up and down
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Opiosko: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
cute75:

Your source is not opening..... please give us a credible source

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53903436
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by King44(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Flytime:
google translation?
that one go be work o, It would be kind of impossible. I have to switch off the phone power it on den press the power button to get the words... So translation won't be easy.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by AmosAkins: 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Norms...even manufacturers can access some of your data if they want.As long as you have apps that can access the internet annnd they have been granted read and write storage permissions.
You can't really do much to protect yourself.Meanwhile google have almost made rooting impossible ?? then how are we supposed to gain an advantage to disable or uninstall these malware .Lemme be going jae
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Flytime: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
AmosAkins:
Norms...even manufacturers can access some of your data if they want.As long as you have apps that can access the internet annnd they have been granted read and write storage permissions.
You can't really do much to protect yourself.Meanwhile google have almost made rooting impossible ?? then how are we supposed to gain an advantage to disable or uninstall these malware .Lemme be going jae
Jailbreaking on iOS is becoming simpler than rooting on android lately...I mean look at iOS 13 jailbreak, although it took time to surface the internet it was as simple as installing an app and clicking on jailbreak even without an Internet connection which reminded me of the days before android 6
Android on the other hand will need a PC and other things just to root,some manufactures like Nokia made it impossible to root without dismantlement the device.

I was never a fan of rooting so I'm less concerned but I don't think it makes android more secured.Its the users decision,the best they could have done was to make it impossible to unroot or use Google services if they are trying to stop people from rooting.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by AmosAkins: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Flytime:

Jailbreaking on iOS is becoming simpler than rooting on android lately...I mean look at iOS 13 jailbreak, although it took time to surface the internet it was as simple as installing an app and clicking on jailbreak with an Internet connection which reminded me of the days before android 6
Android on the other hand will need a PC and other things just to root,some manufactures like Nokia made it impossible to root without dismantlement the device.

I was never a fan of rooting so I'm less concerned but I don't think it makes android more secured.Its the users decision,the best they could have done was to make it impossible to unroot or use Google services if they are trying to stop people from rooting.
I am still a fan rooting tho..Major one
And you are right ...gaiming root access on android nougat upward is a suicide mission .Googleplay services is one of the device wreckers..it is useful tho ..Just hate seeing it running process...Especially android with 2gb ram less .
Atleast they should make root optional!.Not completely disable it on a device just saying...Although I have my ways of removing stubborn bloatwares and services with pc.Even freezing such apps thanks to those tech savvy on xda forums.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by cute75(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Opiosko:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53903436

It's still not opening.... please click on it and see if it opens.....When you click on the link...it's says "page not available"
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Justarandomguy: 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
You see why i will always recommend Samsung, iPhone and Nokia anyday anytime twice on Tuesday
those ones u mentioned have their own ways of spying on users. They're all the same. Especially Google.

As long as u go online u have no single bit of privacy

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Opiosko: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
cute75:

It's still not opening.... please click on it and see if it opens.....When you click on the link...it's says "page not available"

The link you just quoted is opening. The error could from your side. Try clearing your catches or search the phrase below on Google.

"Chinese phones with built-in malware sold in Africa bbc"
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by cute75(m): 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Opiosko:

The link you just quoted is opening. The error could from your side. Try clearing your catches or search the phrase below on Google.

"Chinese phones with built-in malware sold in Africa bbc"

Okay....it opening....was coming from my end.... thanks
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by NaijaCuzin: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Africans dont care
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Mohbola(f): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2020
Nawa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN / Infinix Launches Infinix Hot 4 And Now Selling At Cheap Rate / The Isaiah4vs19 Message From MTN: When You Finally Catch The Guy Behind It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.