Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts (629 Views)

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) / Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Obasanjo Inspects His Yam And Maize Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
Read with the link
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Mide3367: 12:54am On Aug 26, 2020
Greenerhealth:
Read with the link
na by force? I dey nairaland to read news and update but u are still taking me to another site to go read. Shey I no know those sites before I come nairaland ni? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Is not by force
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Avocado
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Read this
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2020
Avocado plantation
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by benzion72(m): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2020
Mide3367:
na by force? I dey nairaland to read news and update but u are still taking me to another site to go read. Shey I no know those sites before I come nairaland ni? undecided
I am a peace maker Skip to content

Thu. Aug 27th, 2020

Greener Health

Latest on Food and Health

Primary Menu

HomeLatest NewsEx-President Obasanjo Predicts Avocado As New Oil In 2030

AGRICULTURE LATEST NEWS

Ex-President Obasanjo Predicts Avocado As New Oil In 2030

Raphael Okhueleigbe 2 days ago 3 min read 

Avocado Society of Nigeria

The former president of Nigeria, who happens to be the person of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has predicted that Nigeria could become one of Africa’s biggest avocado producers by the year 2030.

Chief Olusegun made this disclosure during a courtesy visit to the Avocado Society of Nigeria (ASN) in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Save 50% on select product(s) with promo code 50PYF6F7 on Amazon.com

The ex-president is the owner of Obasanjo Farms Nigeria Limited, he was conferred the honor of the Grand Patron of the Avocado Society of Nigeria (ASN).

He expressed his high hope on the production of avocado fruit, stating that his farm is currently diversifying into producing this fruit and every other person should do the same.

Speaking during the visit, the retired military general expressed high hopes for avocado production in the country – even as his farms diversify into producing the fruit.

“I want to see this country becoming one of, if not the leading, avocado producer in Africa”, the retired military general stated.

Chief Olusegun added that the enthusiastic nature of the farmers could bring his prediction to reality.

The country Nigeria possessed all qualities needed to take over the East African countries in avocado crop production.

He further added that avocado cropping, if expressly tapped into, could overthrow the crude oil economy.

“Those of us who have been opportune to know about this fruit production must not hold the information to ourselves.

“In my judgment and opinion, this is the new oil of Nigeria, if it is effectively harnessed,” he stated.

Looking at the benefits of the fruit, Chief Olusegun said, “Avocado is a wonderful and unique fruit and very lucrative business which can be done as either a business or a hobby, from having a plantation or just a few trees in one’s environment.

Read Also; What You Need To Know About Avocado

“Sincerely speaking I am very glad to be a member of this association. I pray more people will appreciate the immense value of the avocado business and join us either as a hobby or as a business.

Avocado fruit is a very healthy fruit with a lot of health benefits. The oil as well as the pulp from it is used in the pharmaceutical companies, therapeutic activities, and cosmetic industry.

“I will say a bit of avocado every day makes you healthier and keep you away from the doctor.”

The CEO of the Avocado Society of Nigeria (ASN), Ambassador Sola Bunmi Adeniyi, laid facts to Chief Obasanjo’s claims, urging the country to tap into the prospects in the production of the fruit.

He stated that the multi-million naira investment in Avocado by the Grand Patron (Chief Olusegun Obasanjo) clearly shows that he is an unrepentant lover and advocate of agriculture.

“You heard him saying the potentials of this fruit in the next ten years; therefore avocado production must be tapped into by all, he emphasized.

In conclusion, he said that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is the Grand Patron of this society because we believe in his capacity and we want him to lead this awareness for the good of Nigeria and the prosperity of our people.

Raphael Okhueleigbe

https://greenerhealth.com.ng

Raphael Osas Okhueleigbe is a Blogger, Content creator, Agricultural Economist, Resource manager, and the founder of greener health.

See author's posts

Tags: Ambassador Sola Bunmi Adeniyi Avocado Society of Nigeria Cheif Olusegun Obasanjo

Continue Reading

Previous:BBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In Agriculture

1 thought on “Ex-President Obasanjo Predicts Avocado As New Oil In 2030”

Ese joy says:

August 25, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Good

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment 

Name *

Email *

Website

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Related Stories

BBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In Agriculture2 min read

AGRICULTURE LATEST NEWS

BBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In Agriculture

Raphael Okhueleigbe 1 week ago

FCTA Warns Nigerians To Desist From This Particular Fish3 min read

LATEST NEWS

FCTA Warns Nigerians To Desist From This Particular Fish

Raphael Okhueleigbe 3 weeks ago  30

I Have Treated 300+ COVID-19 Patients With These Drugs Says Dr. Stella3 min read

HEALTH LATEST NEWS

I Have Treated 300+ COVID-19 Patients With These Drugs Says Dr. Stella

Raphael Okhueleigbe 4 weeks ago

NABDA – Promoting The Cultivation Of Yam With Hydroponics3 min read

LATEST NEWS

NABDA – Promoting The Cultivation Of Yam With Hydroponics

Raphael Okhueleigbe 1 month ago

Donald Trump Briefing On The Wearing Of Face mask2 min read

LATEST NEWS

Donald Trump Briefing On The Wearing Of Face mask

Raphael Okhueleigbe 1 month ago

Key Facts, Processing, Benefits And Uses Of Palm Oil4 min read

AGRICULTURE FOOD

Key Facts, Processing, Benefits And Uses Of Palm Oil

Raphael Okhueleigbe 3 months ago

Search for:

Recent Posts

Ex-President Obasanjo Predicts Avocado As New Oil In 2030Turmeric: Health Benefits, Side Effects And Much MoreBeauty Plus – Easy Natural Ways To Have Pink LipsBBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In AgricultureMycoplasma Genitalium; A Rising Sexual Disease To Be Aware Of

You may have missed

Ex-President Obasanjo Predicts Avocado As New Oil In 20303 min read

AGRICULTURE LATEST NEWS

Raphael Okhueleigbe 2 days ago

Turmeric: Health Benefits, Side Effects And Much More4 min read

FOOD HEALTH

Turmeric: Health Benefits, Side Effects And Much More

Raphael Okhueleigbe 4 days ago

Beauty Plus – Easy Natural Ways To Have Pink Lips4 min read

HEALTH

Beauty Plus – Easy Natural Ways To Have Pink Lips

Raphael Okhueleigbe 5 days ago  3

BBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In Agriculture2 min read

AGRICULTURE LATEST NEWS

BBNAIJA’s Kiddwaya Not Exempted As Many Youth Invest In Agriculture

Raphael Okhueleigbe 1 week ago

For Advertisement & Sponsorship Posts

Greener Health

What you eat and how you feel affects every single day of your life as a human and that is why you work so hard to eat good food and live a healthy life.

Greener health company is here to help you and inspire you with the latest food and health information.

Newsletter

Subscribe to our health and wellness tips

* indicates required

Email Address *

First Name

Last Name

Birthday

/ ( mm / dd )

Disclaimer

The content of this platform is solely for information purpose and hence should not replace your professional diagnosis and treatment.

Home 

Food Health Agriculture Latest News About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

© 2020 All rights reserved: GreenerHealth Creation | Magnitude by AF themes.
Re: Avocado To Become Nigeria's New Oil In 2030 - Ex-president Obasanjo Predicts by Greenerhealth: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Read and share

(1) (Reply)

Silkie Chicken, Brahma Chicks And Peacock Available / Interested In Exportation From Nigeria? Lets Discuss Here! / Can You Plant Yam In Ridges?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.