Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Does God Knows The Future??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Knows The Future??? (1150 Views)

God knows I love Frank / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Knows The Future??? by Free(f): 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2006
ummmmm people, there this thing that bothers me. so does God actuially know what will happen in the future? am asking this because i wonder how he can give us our free will and still know what lie ahead.
if he knew men will sin then why did he appear surprised when adam and eve sinned.
and also if what he says will happen is gonna happened no matter what then i guess we dont really have free will?
help me oooo i beg.....
Re: Does God Knows The Future??? by Modda(f): 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2006
I see it this way: God knows our future. He gives us the resources and it's up to us to use them correctly. But He knows what we will do.

Such is it , I think, with God. God knows what we'll do. He gives us the resources. It's up to us to keep on the path He made for us= freewill. God knows from ahead what we'll do with these resources (far ahead He knows the outcome of each path we'll choose) . Of course we sometimes choose to leave that path He has for us. But this He anticipates also, and has His back-up "move" ready. He'll then provide the resources for that chosen path. And so it goes on and on.

For every path we chose, God knows what the outcome will be. We sometimes blame God for our failures, but God is constantly providing the resources and knows exactly how and if we will use them.

I don't know if this is a bit clear?
Re: Does God Knows The Future??? by nferyn(m): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2006
See this thread about free will vs; God's all-knowing nature
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4360.0.html
there's a discussion at length there about this very subject
Re: Does God Knows The Future??? by na2day2(m): 2:46am On Feb 20, 2008
i rather want to think it like this, just like u will have a big maze and put a mouse in it, u actually know the ending of each route but it is up to the mouse to choose which route it wanna go through and if the mouse runs into trouble, u have the power to help it out to find a right path.
Re: Does God Knows The Future??? by kolaoloye(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:7-9 (in Context) Revelation 1 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:5-7 (in Context) Revelation 21 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
HE KNOWS THE END OF EVERY MATTER RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Quotes! / Church Franchising / Reach-out Nigeria 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.