Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

#bankrolling: Fani- Expresses Regret, Apologises For Calling Journalist ‘stupid’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #bankrolling: Fani- Expresses Regret, Apologises For Calling Journalist ‘stupid’ (151 Views)

Strike: PDP Bankrolling ASUU, Joe Igbokwe Says / Sale Mamman Expresses Regret Over Power Outages. / Man Asks Reno Omokri, "Who Is Bankrolling You?". Reno Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1)

#bankrolling: Fani- Expresses Regret, Apologises For Calling Journalist ‘stupid’ by Honbright(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2020
By Tunde Olorungbotemi

The Former Minister of Aviation, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, has apologised to the Daily Trust journalist for using derogatory words on him during an interview session.

Recalled that VOICE AIR MEDIA reported how Fani-Kayode poured vituperation on a journalist for asking him a question over his various tours of the South-South region, in a video that went viral on Tuesday obtained by this newspaper.

But the former minister, in a series of tweets on Wednesday morning obtained by VOICE AIR MEDIA, said he regretted his action which had made him to offend many of his friends in the media.

According to him: "I wish to say the following. I hereby withdraw the word “stupid” which I used in my encounter with a journalist in Calabar. I have many friends in the media who I offended by losing my cool and using such words. I hereby express my regrets for doing so.

“I do however wish to state categorically that no threat of physical harm was ever made to the journalist in question and neither did I send anyone to threaten him. Anyone that says otherwise is lying and I challenge them to bring the proof.

“I would never seek to physically harm a journalist. For the last 30 years I have defended and worked with journalists and fought for the right of freedom of exiression. I am also very close to many in that profession.

“I would be the last to seek to disparage those that are honorable and noble within its ranks. I hope that this will assuage the pain and anger of anyone that was hurt or offended by this ugly episode. I have now put this matter behind me and moved on. Now my tour of the South continues. Moving to another state today!”

Read More & Watch Video below...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/08/bankrolling-femi-fani-kayode-expresses.html
Re: #bankrolling: Fani- Expresses Regret, Apologises For Calling Journalist ‘stupid’ by Mynd44: 10:10am On Aug 26, 2020

(1)

US Travel Bans Came Too Late For New York City / Latest Video Reveals Fani-kayode’s Attack On Another Journalist / Bottom-up And All-inclusive Government At The State Level, Ogun State Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.