Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Eku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eku (2004 Views)

Photo : APC Supporters In Lagos State Want Their Votes Back ! / See How Kano State Want To Check Absenteeism And Lateness To Work / Grafikii: Goodluck Can Not Win 2015, Nearly 30 State Want Him Out By Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eku by Becomrichn: 1:53am On Feb 19, 2011
eku_
Re: Eku by ektbear: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
This man is converting Niger State for Benin Republic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwM1ncuYAAg&feature=relmfu

grin grin grin grin

86 wives! Wow.
Re: Eku by Kilode1: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

This man is converting Niger State for Benin Republic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwM1ncuYAAg&feature=relmfu

grin grin grin grin

86 wives! Wow.

That man is a living legend. Well spoken wives and kids too. . .

I can only SMH @ those haters trying to hold down our traditions because of some imported religion. Baba Bello is within his rights.

Uthman Dan Fodio can wake up and take his religion back if he does not want our Tradition to influence it.

I'm also glad Baba Bello kept the traditions alive by speaking his Yoruba language.

Sango will be proud!
Re: Eku by Kilode1: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2011
Now to more important stuffs;

Niger state belongs to us in Benin-Odu'a Republic. Nupes(Tapa) are our people and one day, very soon, we will have them back.

We don't just want Kwara and Kogi, We want Niger state too! cool

Egbon Aare Musiwa, E ku Ise! We are solidly behind you!
Re: Eku by ektbear: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
I'm not a fan of polygamy (I think it is a bad idea), but personally I figure if you are going to go to more than one. . .no reason to set the limit arbitrarily at four  grin

I wonder how this man ended up settling in Niger State though.

Somebody should trek up there and interview him, get his life story grin
Re: Eku by Kilode1: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^ scared of too many baby mamas?  cheesy

I think Bello is from the area. Maybe he picked Yoruba outside the State or lived outside for a while.

But I will not be surprised if there are native Niger State villages with ethnic Yoruba speakers. The British and The Fulani jihadists merged various ethnic communities together in that area.

Now, while Nupes(Tapas) are not Yorubas, the Language and culture share similarities and they've  intermarried for centuries. EX: Sango, The Fierce Alaafin (Oyo King) who became a God in Yoruba mythology was the son of a Nupe mother married to a Yoruba man.

Anyway, I'm not sure about Baba Bello, but it's not easy to erase language and tradition.

I read the guy once sued INEC and requested they put a registration center in his compound. Old dude is something else  grin grin  I'll find the link later.
Re: Eku by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
You know the capital old Oyo Empire (Katunga) is somewhere between Niger and Kebbi state?
Re: Eku by Kilode1: 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^You are referring to the Original Oyo-Ile? right? is that not the version about Yorubas descending from Saudi Arabia? ( I still believe they are confusing Saudi with some Islam influenced region in North Africa )

If we indeed migrated from the north, that location will make sense. not sure though.

BTW, slightly off topic: Do you think we met the Nupes, Igbominas, Ilajes, Ikale (ugbo people?) in present day Yorubaland or they are just some splintered part of the Yoruba group that journeyed together from North Africa?
Re: Eku by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^ Its the same

The migrated from Saudi, Settled in Oyo Ile- Old Oyo- Katunga before relocating downsouth later.

I think some of the Oyo legends like Sango probably ruled in the current Niger state location
Re: Eku by Kilode1: 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^OK, It's time to rule there again.

I already sent a memo to Aare Ona Kakanfo Ademusiwa cool

(1) (Reply)

Security Tip- Get Atleast 2 Wicked Dogs / Why Buhari Must Not Run - Dr Nelson / Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today As Indonesia Gets Tough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.