Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found (63041 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix / Lost Church 'Where Jesus Healed A Bleeding Woman' Unearthed In Caesarea Philippi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by kingxsamz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
nosagold:

May the Lord Jesus give you understanding

The white or the black one? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Skymason20(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
in other words the people of Israel has moved on to develop why , Nigeria people practicing the Christan refuse to move on along with their Islamic counter part in 9ja ... inside life, life nor balance
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by nosagold(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

The LORD
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
That great

For those that did not believe in the existence of Jesus, that those not change the truth about Him

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by jericco1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Offpoint:

What's provocative about the heading?

It has been changed
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by roszilman: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

I'm very sure you didn't read the article at all...
You just typed with the freebasics Mtn and Airtel allowed you to use.
There is no concrete proof that this site was cursed by some white Jesus, let alone 5000 people being fed here.
haters can go nd Bleep theirselves
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by hatiri(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
hmmm am here jst to read comment
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Some believe in something that happened millions of years ago but don't want to to things that happened thousands of years ago...... AFRICA WITH THEIR BLACK BRAINS...

PIMPLES DEY SOME PEOPLE BRAIN O

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Grandmeister(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

The jews of yesterday (and many of today who hasn’t intermarried) were/are not even white! And let’s say they’re, what does it matter?
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Seebrian(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
Jesus is real. I'm speaking from practical experience. I sincerely pray every doubting person about this reality would receive a personal encounter of salvation. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Powerfly(f): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Whether they discover the skeleton of the donkey that rode Jesus to Jerusalem or not.. I still believe in God. If not for the belief of the bible, i would have taken my own life in 2011. I'm stil alive even though the situations aren't favourable, i would rather die trying to survive than take my life.

8 Likes

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by drololaaof: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Whatever the report , the repetition of biblical Bethsaida history is too much
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by olmoRoc: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Now professor Rami Arav of the University of Nebraska says he is in no doubt that Et-Tell, in the Golan Heights near the Jordan River estuary, is the location of the biblical village.
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is where religious bigots will start preaching to us about their trash.
gasparpisciotta:
A Biblical village where Jesus is said to have performed some of his most famous miracles really existed, and today lies in ruins only a mile from the Sea of Galilee, archaeologists believe.

In the Bible, Bethsaida was home to disciples Peter, Andrew and Philip, and was where Jesus purportedly fed the 5,000, walked on water and helped a blind man to see.

Archaeologists have been working for 32 years to find the lost city, which was eventually cursed to destruction by Jesus because residents failed to repent in spite of his miracles.

Now professor Rami Arav of the University of Nebraska says he is in no doubt that Et-Tell, in the Golan Heights near the Jordan River estuary, is the location of the biblical village.

Ancient sources place several requirements for the identification of Bethsaida,' Aray said,' adding that 'finds in Et-Tell convinced not only me but a group of experts.'

To argue his case, Dr Arav refers to the Roman historian, Titus Flavius Josephus, who describes the location of Bethsaida in his writings.

'Josephus says that the town was in the 'lower Golan' near the estuary of the Jordan River,' said Dr Arav - the same location as the El-Tell.

A biblical village cursed to destruction by Jesus really existed and today lies in ruins only a mile from the Sea of Galilee, archaeologists believe
Researchers have been working at the site for 32 years and now believe it is safe to say it was the site of the biblical city

Researchers have been working at the site for 32 years and now believe it is safe to say it was the site of the biblical city.

The professor also highlights Josephus' description of how Bethsaida was later 'advanced unto the dignity of a city' and renamed Julias, after the wife of Roman emperor Augustus.

THE BIBLICAL MIRACLES OF BETHSAIDA
Bethsaida — the biblical hometown to disciples Andrew, Peter and Philip — was reputedly where Jesus performed a number of miracles.

These included the feeding of the 5,000, in which Christ — following the death of John the Baptist — used five loaves and two fishes supplied by a boy to feed a crowd of his followers.

The Gospel of Mark, meanwhile, tells of a blind man of Bethsaida whose sight was restored after two blessings from Jesus.

At Et-Tell the research team studying the location discovered a temple that was dedicated to Julia, Augustus' wife.

The name Bethsaida translates as 'house of fishing/hunting' and Dr Arav believes this holds another clue.

He contends that the ruins at Et-Tell were once known as Zer, which could also be transcribed as 'Tzed', a Hebrew word that means both hunting and fishing.

And though Et-Tell is over a mile from the Sea of Galilee – contrary to the biblical description of Bethsaida as a place accessible by boat – the dig site may have been closer in ancient times.

The transformation, it's argued, can be explained by tectonic movements and changing water levels in the lake.

Dr Arav said: 'Basically you need to know that the Sea of Galilee is right in the middle of the Syro-African rift and is prone to tectonic shifts.'

They researchers also discovered ancient fishing equipment among the ruins of the settlement.

Jesus was said to have cursed the village, warning it faced worse treatment than Sodom – a city destroyed by God in the Old Testament.

Although Bethsaida did not meet the calamitous end Jesus foretold, it was ultimately abandoned.

'Fortunately Jesus did not say when the town will be destroyed,' joked Dr Arav.

'So in the 4th century it was abandoned and, without maintenance, the buildings collapsed.'

The professor also threw down the gauntlet to archaeologists who claim the nearby site of El-Araj is the true Bethsaida.

He believes that what they have actually found is a former military camp.

Archaeologists have been working for 32 years to prove that the site of the city cursed to destruction by Jesus once stood at the El-Tell excavation site

Though Et-Tell is over a mile from the Sea of Galilee contrary to the biblical description of Bethsaida as a place accessible by boat the dig site may have been closer in ancient times
'This is an outstanding achievement, but it is not Bethsaida mentioned in the ancient sources,' he said.

'They simply do not meet the prerequisites mentioned above, but they fit perfectly the military camp.

'I would also request that the directors of the dig at El-Araj publish a peer-reviewed article stating their discoveries.

'They failed to do it so far and everything the archaeological community knows about their finds comes from sketchy briefing by journalists in newspapers.

'This is, of course, not enough.'

The dig site at El-Araj flooded earlier this summer, stopping excavations.

Ancient sources place several requirements for the identification of Bethsaida,' Aray said,' adding that 'finds in Et-Tell convinced not only me but a group of experts.'

To argue his case, Dr Arav refers to the Roman historian, Titus Flavius Josephus, who describes the location of Bethsaida in his writings.

'Josephus says that the town was in the 'lower Golan' near the estuary of the Jordan River,' said Dr Arav - the same location as the El-Tell dig site.

A biblical village cursed to destruction by Jesus really existed and today lies in ruins only a mile from the Sea of Galilee, archaeologists believe

Researchers have been working at the site for 32 years and now believe it is safe to say it was the site of the biblical city
The professor also highlights Josephus' description of how Bethsaida was later 'advanced unto the dignity of a city' and renamed Julias, after the wife of Roman emperor Augustus.

THE BIBLICAL MIRACLES OF BETHSAIDA

Bethsaida — the biblical hometown to disciples Andrew, Peter and Philip — was reputedly where Jesus performed a number of miracles.

These included the feeding of the 5,000, in which Christ — following the death of John the Baptist — used five loaves and two fishes supplied by a boy to feed a crowd of his followers.

The Gospel of Mark, meanwhile, tells of a blind man of Bethsaida whose sight was restored after two blessings from Jesus.

At Et-Tell the research team studying the location discovered a temple that was dedicated to Julia, Augustus' wife.

The name Bethsaida translates as 'house of fishing/hunting' and Dr Arav believes this holds another clue.

He contends that the ruins at Et-Tell were once known as Zer, which could also be transcribed as 'Tzed', a Hebrew word that means both hunting and fishing.

And though Et-Tell is over a mile from the Sea of Galilee – contrary to the biblical description of Bethsaida as a place accessible by boat – the dig site may have been closer in ancient times.

The transformation, it's argued, can be explained by tectonic movements and changing water levels in the lake.

Dr Arav said: 'Basically you need to know that the Sea of Galilee is right in the middle of the Syro-African rift and is prone to tectonic shifts.'

They researchers also discovered ancient fishing equipment among the ruins of the settlement.

Jesus was said to have cursed the village, warning it faced worse treatment than Sodom – a city destroyed by God in the Old Testament.

Although Bethsaida did not meet the calamitous end Jesus foretold, it was ultimately abandoned.

'Fortunately Jesus did not say when the town will be destroyed,' joked Dr Arav.

'So in the 4th century it was abandoned and, without maintenance, the buildings collapsed.'

The professor also threw down the gauntlet to archaeologists who claim the nearby site of El-Araj is the true Bethsaida.

He believes that what they have actually found is a former military camp.

Archaeologists have been working for 32 years to prove that the site of the city cursed to destruction by Jesus once stood at the El-Tell excavation site

Though Et-Tell is over a mile from the Sea of Galilee contrary to the biblical description of Bethsaida as a place accessible by boat the dig site may have been closer in ancient times

'This is an outstanding achievement, but it is not Bethsaida mentioned in the ancient sources,' he said.

'They simply do not meet the prerequisites mentioned above, but they fit perfectly the military camp.

'I would also request that the directors of the dig at El-Araj publish a peer-reviewed article stating their discoveries.

'They failed to do it so far and everything the archaeological community knows about their finds comes from sketchy briefing by journalists in newspapers.

'This is, of course, not enough,’ he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8665771/Biblical-village-Bethsaida-Jesus-walked-water-finally-identified-archaeologists.html?
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by omotola90(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Image123:

Every word you typed belongs to the white man. Does it make you more foolish? Should something be untrue or discarded simply because the white man told you. Would it be more credible because the green man told you instead. Think and be sensible before insinuating.
you nailed it big time man shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Rukkyrowland(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're just repeating what the white man told you when he brought his religion to you and called yours evil. So I'm not surprised.
There is no law against a man belief.
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Rhymesy(f): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Am not a skeptic, but I want to tell you that the Isreali govenment are putting all this just for tourism

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by omotola90(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Opmic:

Whether u believe or not, whether u like it or not,
Jesus Was, Is and will continue to be Lord
na so my brother
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by omotola90(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
VLTA:

More grace brother. Continue the good work. May God, His Spirit touch the hearts of your audience in that they will be convicted as many that read you.
amen

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Sarita01(f): 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're just repeating what the white man told you when he brought his religion to you and called yours evil. So I'm not surprised.
You're a hypocrite,white man said u originated from monkeys u believed it,he said the earth is round you believed,he said Neil Armstrong went to the moon you believed,and many other conspiracy theories you've believed but now that he said that Jesus came to earth 2 thousand years ago and performed miracles,you've tagged it as white man's religion right?you're so narrow minded but it's ok divinity is not meant to be understood by narrow minded individuals
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by kingxsamz(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nwatachoba1:
Some believe in something that happened millions of years ago but don't want to to things that happened thousands of years ago...... AFRICA WITH THEIR BLACK BRAINS...

PIMPLES DEY SOME PEOPLE BRAIN O

Which is more believable?
An animal existing millions of years ago or a man walking on water and feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread? undecided
Let's see who really has pimples in his brain?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by omotola90(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Seebrian:
Jesus is real. I'm speaking from practical experience. I sincerely pray every doubting person about this reality would receive a personal encounter of salvation. Amen.
I pray they listen oooo
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by EMMY76: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
eplanning:

And besides, the Bible and Christianity were in Africa (Ethiopia and Egypt) ever before the Romans adopted it and used it to conquer the world.

As offensive as this religion called Christianity was to the Most High, it was practiced in Africa for centuries. Most of those whom the whites later came to meet at the Western coasts of Africa are Israelites who had fled the land of ISRAEL, being driven out by the Romans. These Israelites migrated through Egypt, Nubia, Ethiopia, Sudan and further southwards to West, Central and Southern Africa. They are the majority in sub-saharan Africa now.

I find this difficult to believe so u mean Hitler killed 6m people who are not actually Jews? The white Jews are blessed and talented people they are well known for their inventions and enterprise unlike the black west africans.
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by skyhighweb1: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I can't come and kill myself trying to read long article.... If them find am wetin come be my own . undecided
why bother conment undecided
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by skywalker240(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

but Jesus answers me when i call on him

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Primesky(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:
Just so you know, this is not proof.
Only dumb folks will reject visible evidence and accept some illogical story about a white man feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and two Fish. shocked shocked shocked
You sef use your brain think nw... How does one walk on water and feed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread? 5 loaves of bread o. grin
If an article or research pops up and mentions 10million years, you'll say "these white people can lie ehn", "how did they know"?
How do you know that a man fed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread? Oh a 2000 year old book that has been re-re-re-re-re edited told you abi? undecided

OPEN your eyes and mind. If it fits your understanding then it's no longer a miracle, and just because you didn't see it doesn't make it false.

There's something called 'supernatural' it's beyond natural and as such cannot be explained by physics, chemistry, mathematics and logic.

God is limitless, no argument against that.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Unbreakable007: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Somebody should read and summarize
for my goons and I.
Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by kingxsamz(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Primesky:

OPEN your eyes and mind. If it fits your understanding then it's no longer a miracle, and just because you didn't see it doesn't make it false.

There's something called 'supernatural' it's beyond natural and as such cannot be explained by physics, chemistry, mathematics and logic.

God is limitless, no argument against that.
Yeah, same thing with Unicorns, and flying spaghetti monsters.
One can't explain them scientifically, one just has to believe they exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by kingxsamz(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
skywalker240:

but Jesus answers me when i call on him

Yeah, Santa Klaus also comes to my aid when I call on him.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
Glorious ...

Irrespective of What Scientist say or think, it is Irrelevant.

The Holy Bible, which Chronicles the Written and Spoken World of God is the Standard and Manual For Humanity!

Humanity under any guise or Name Should Have the Bible as their Guide..

We all are Mere Ordinary Creatures, Created by The Creator

Creatures cannot Decide for the CREATOR.

The Clay Cannot Decide for the Porter !

It is an Error! It is Folly!

Got ur back bro

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Enculer: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingxsamz:
Just so you know, this is not proof.
Only dumb folks will reject visible evidence and accept some illogical story about a white man feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and two Fish. shocked shocked shocked
You sef use your brain think nw... How does one walk on water and feed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread? 5 loaves of bread o. grin
If an article or research pops up and mentions 10million years, you'll say "these white people can lie ehn", "how did they know"?
How do you know that a man fed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread? Oh a 2000 year old book that has been re-re-re-re-re edited told you abi? undecided

Black men are dumb so they will believe it.

This is the reason why black people are still mental slaves.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found by Sheunma: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Allahu Akbar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner / 'Hot Slap Parade' Inside Church By Boys And Girls (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.