Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed (20590 Views)

Osinbajo Briefs Buhari On Economic Sustainability Plan (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Briefs Buhari On Political Developments In Gambia / COVID-19 Task Force Briefs Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by omooba969(m): 6:13am On Aug 27, 2020
SmartProf:
GEJ u have tried, I'm equally surprised & impressed that Buhari can be so concerned about Mali as though part of his cow business is there. ECOWAS sanctions can't be lifted that easily else the JUNTA guys wont have anything to put them under pressure. On a final note, Charity begins at home...the leaders of this country can't be more serious in restoring peace in Mali while Nigeria is tumbling.

If we do our investigation thoroughly I won't be surprised to find out that some of our old cargo polithiefcians have business interests in Mali.

Na why dem dey para upandan. cool
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by omooba969(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Seventy7kings:
shocked
No peace for the wicked, they shouldn't remove the sanction. You can't use dirt to clean dirt. You can't take over a democratically elected government force because they're corrupt. you always use every opportunity to attack Buhari, should Nigeria stop being an ECOWAS country because of our security issue? No. We'll win this battle of insurgency soon by God's grace and all Nigeria enemies shall be put to shame.

@bolded is reminiscent of Mr Lai Mohammed - 'We will...' grin
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by omooba969(m): 6:19am On Aug 27, 2020
bankyblue:
What is happening in Mali i# the way to go, African leaders rulers are greedy with power

It's a black man's problem.
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2020
Racoon:

What is wrong with this president? Nigeria is not safe under your leadership yet talking about securing Mali. 
You're rehabilitating & forcing the atrocious BH terrorists on the beleaguered northern populace in Nigeria which they've vehemently rejected.

Yet you want their terrorist brethren in Mali to leave while calling on ECOWAS to secure the country.Perhaps you wants them to immigrate down here.So what happens to your own country Mr.hypocrite? See the man zombies are defending.

Yes, Mali is important because if it falls into chaos, ISIS would have a more secure base in West Africa to inflict more damage on many other west African countries

Making our already bad situation worse.Especially Nigeria

Last time there was a coup in Mali, ISIS took over 60% of the country within a month.

I don't know about you, but I don't want Somalia part 2 upriver from us.

That Mali is not in chaos yet is because there are foreign troops present.

Yes , Buhari needs to do more for security. But we also don't need more potential external factors that might make our bad situation worse
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 27, 2020
omooba969:

Botswana and Rwanda are doing well, and they are run by .....
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Softhands(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:
Sending a peaceful guy like Jonathan by ECOWAS was a mistake... Only people like Obasanjo can talk tough
It was becos Jona was sent that is why the coup was bloodless... If na OBj...Mali would have been in a full scale war by now.

1 Like

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by brainhgeek(m): 6:41am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:
Sending a peaceful guy like Jonathan by ECOWAS was a mistake... Only people like Obasanjo can talk tough

Exactly! I have said this over and over again but some dumb guys keep coming for me. Alas, this matter might leave nowhere as long as Jonathan is leading the charade. He is too phlegmatic to handle this task
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by brainhgeek(m): 6:42am On Aug 27, 2020
Softhands:
It was becos Jona was sent that is why the coup was bloodless... If na OBj...Mali would have been in a full scale war by now.

Give an instance of a situation OBJ stepped in and it escalated rather than getting solved?
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Openbusiness: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2020
By intelligent dispenser for soap and sanitizer
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Aksnoopy: 6:46am On Aug 27, 2020
This jonathan
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by seunayantokun(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2020
SmartProf:
GEJ u have tried, I'm equally surprised & impressed that Buhari can be so concerned about Mali as though part of his cow business is there. ECOWAS sanctions can't be lifted that easily else the JUNTA guys wont have anything to put them under pressure. On a final note, Charity begins at home...the leaders of this country can't be more serious in restoring peace in Mali while Nigeria is tumbling.
Correct.

1 Like

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by UnimkeAk(m): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

cool

Talk tough and do what?
Speaking from ur ass....

France has a bigger influence on mali than the whole of ecowas...
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Jones4190(m): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2020
senior special advices to Mr President on Mali and acting errand boy to Mr President Dr ebele Jonathan

the new appointment fit you sir
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by UnimkeAk(m): 7:10am On Aug 27, 2020
brainhgeek:

Exactly! I have said this over and over again but some dumb guys keep coming for me. Alas, this matter might leave nowhere as long as Jonathan is leading the charade. He is too phlegmatic to handle this task
Guy free Gej o, the man has been out of power for 5+ years....
Country no better... It got worse
Security zero
Economy zero
Corruption at its peak
We are more divided than ever.

2 Likes

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by DimIsaac10(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2020
Diz kind sending na Fayose, Obj, Wike fit am na
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Guyman02: 7:28am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

cool

That's a fact, sending GEJ is a waste of time, send Obasanjo an ex General and they will get the message, GEJ is a nice guy but that's not the kind of people you need on this kind of mission
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by brainhgeek(m): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Guy free Gej o, the man has been out of power for 5+ years....
Country no better... It got worse
Security zero
Economy zero
Corruption at its peak
We are more divided than ever.

....and who is holding him for the deteriorating security, shambolic economy and deepened corruption in this dispensation in Nigeria? We are talking about Mali oga
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by alizma: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

cool

I thought I am the only person that feels that way.
Jonathan is a total civilian and those guys know this and will look at him from that angle. It will take someone that can breakdown their military tactics upon which they rely, point out the loopholes and then open their eyes to why they can't keep the power for long against ECOWAS' wish.
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by udemzyudex(m): 7:57am On Aug 27, 2020
SmartProf:

It's called over sabi, so that people like him will boast they help restore peace in Mali in future, just like what some people do whenever south Africa and Nigeria have issues.

1 Like

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by omooba969(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2020
kikero:

Botswana and Rwanda are doing well, and they are run by .....

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by BreconHills(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2020
masterflowx:
Panadol for another person's headache. Bandits in Southern kaduna and Boko boys in Northeast with their daily incessant killing. Charity begins at home.

I guess we should all stay at home then, turn off the TV and stare at blank walls until the problems you've stated are sorted.

1 Like

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by mvem(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2020
bankyblue:
What is happening in Mali i# the way to go, African leaders are greedy with power
and you think the military is better. With all the coups in Africa from 1960 which one has been productive. The military accuse the government and still go and do same thing. Moreover Mali had a coup in 2012 and they are still where they are

1 Like

Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by SlayerForever: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2020
Please who can tell me what sanctions exactly were put on Mali?
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Babaken(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Seventy7kings:
shocked
No peace for the wicked, they shouldn't remove the sanction. You can't use dirt to clean dirt. You can't take over a democratically elected government force because they're corrupt. you always use every opportunity to attack Buhari, should Nigeria stop being an ECOWAS country because of our security issue? No. We'll win this battle of insurgency soon by God's grace and all Nigeria enemies shall be put to shame.
Your man promise to end Boko haram in six months this is almost his five years in office my brother how far.
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by alphaNomega: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2020
Read my signature angry
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Anyiamaka: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2020
Why was the all important elrufai not sent?
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by orisa37: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2020
THE JUNTA ARE PREDATORY BOKOHARAMS. THEY'RE ASKING FOR 3 YEARS TO STAY RULING. THAT'S THE TIME IT WILL TAKE TO GET BUHARI OUT AND MAYBE BURAITAI IN. JONATHAN IS A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE JONATHAN SHOULD GET OUT OF THIS BLACK HOLE AND LET SEE HOW BUHARI/BURAITAI WILL HANDLE THEIR FULANI HERDSMEN MALI.
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by Seventy7kings: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2020
Babaken:
Your man promise to end Boko haram in six months this is almost his five years in office my brother how far.
not too far
Re: Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed by airminem(f): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2020
Mali is a COUNTRY. Nigeria is a CORN-TREE. Righteousness, pray for the CORN-TREE be we begin harvest tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination / Policeman Gives Physically Boy Wheelchair In Rivers (Pictures) / Benue Leaders To Buhari - No Land For Cattle Colonies In Our State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.