Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra (741 Views)

No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri / Cartz: Be"cause...... TO FIGHT" / APC To PDP Defection: No Man Of Honour Will Return To His Vomit - Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by BrownLondon(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria untill 1991, 50% (if not more) of what makes Lagos today were part of the old Western region (I stand to be corrected)

in my research I learnt the action group led by The sage Obafemi Awolowo does not want Lagos, a Yoruba town which was at that time the Federal Capital and seat of national government to be designated as the Capital of Nigeria if it meant loss of Yoruba sovereignty. The AG insisted that Lagos, a Yoruba city situated in Western Nigeria must be completely recognized as a Yoruba town without any loss of identity, control or autonomy by the Yoruba. Contrary to this position

The NCNC led by Nnamdi Azikiwe was anxious to declare Lagos, by virtue of it being the "Federal Capital Territory" as "no man's land" - a declaration which as could be expected angered the AG which offered to help fund the development of another territory in Nigeria as "Federal Capital Territory" and then threatened secession from Nigeria if it didn't get its way. The threat of secession by the AG was tabled, documented and recorded in numerous constitutional conferences, inclincluding the constitutional conference held in London in 1954 with the demand that a right of secession be enshrined in the constitution of the emerging Nigerian nation to allow any part of the emergent nation to opt out of Nigeria, should the need arise.

this proposal for inclusion of right of secession by the regions in independent Nigeria by the AG was rejected and resisted by NCNC which vehemently argued for a tightly bound united/unitary structured nation because it viewed the provision of a secession clause as detrimental to the formation of a Unitary Nigerian state.

(what did you noticed in the above; the Hausas were not involved right?)... okay let's go.

The new fct, Abuja was planned in the 80s and officially became the fct in 1991 (thanks to Muritala Muhammed and Ibrahim Babangida for planning and implementing respectively)

Lagos is now like every other state, just like Kebbi, Benue, Rivers, Ondo, Abia, Akwa ibom e.t.c

now the next submission will let you understand the reason for opening this thread..

Nigeria has over 250 beautiful ethnic groups; now.

An average Hausa man does not care about Lagos.

An average fulani man does not care about Lagos.

an Average Ijaw man, Tiv, Kanuri, Ibibio, Idoma, ikwerre, Bini etcetera does not care about Lagos

follow the trend, from Nnamdi Azikiwe NCNC being an obstacle to the last submission, what can you guys deduce?

what could be the cause of this NO MAN'S LAND mantra coming from only one group out of over 250 groups? (I don't need to mention the group, it's obvious)

(this thread does not violate any NL rule)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Throwback: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lagos as the federal capital before and after independence is only a small fraction (say 1/6) of the current Lagos State.

Lagos State as one of the earlier states created in 1967, was a composition of the previous Lagos that was federal capital and parts of the Western region.

Like all other states, Lagos State has enjoyed its federal allocation and federal projects. The last major federal project in Lagos State was the construction of the 3rd Mainland Bridge that was commissioned in 1990 (30yrs ago).

Lagos State has grown on the merits of its IGR and federal allocations just like every other state.

2 Likes

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by BrownLondon(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
cc loopman techmo oyatz Garfield Mileszenawi igboid igbochief001
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by LegendHero(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Okay OP.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Fela to play music live at Liberty stadium Illorin
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Did you guys know that Bash Ali knocked out Mike tyson in Akure? grin
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Another tribal bait
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by techmo(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Space booked
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Can anyone help me with a small pin charger?

I want to charge my phone.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by IamWonderful: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
dfg
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Breaking news!

Lionel Messi has just been unveiled as the new coach of Arsenal FC
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by IamWonderful: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
I will respond in due time
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
What is the current price of Naira to dollar, I wan buy
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Remimadrid1: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
They should continue building Lagos to the detriment of their regions. In the futurr, their eyes go clear.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Amos1423(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Tribal biggots!

What really is the notion behind this bad riddance?

2 Likes

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ousted malian president to contest for APC in Nigeria for 2023 presidential election.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Remimadrid1:
They should continue building Lagos to the detriment of their regions. In the futurr, their eyes go clear.

How much is a bag of salt now?
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by BrownLondon(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:
Ousted malian president to contest for APC in Nigeria for 2023 presidential election.
mynd44 lalasticlala

young man don't derail this thread..

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
How can I travel to Alimosho from Rumuokoro?
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SpicyMimi(f): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hummmm

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Hummmm

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices.

How much?

Can you send it to me in the island?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SpicyMimi(f): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

How much?

Can you send it to me in the island?
Yes sir, I use dispatch riders...you can add me up on WhatsApp; for direct pics - 07039500522

Or click on the link on my pm sir. Thank you sir.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Yes sir, I use dispatch riders...you can add me up on WhatsApp; for direct pics - 07039500522

You must be a very good business man, keep it up. I need a red striped shirt on white background, preferably tiny stripes, vertical.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Or click on the link on my pm sir. Thank you sir

I will contact you later. You are doing good.

2 Likes

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Make Lagos rest na..... Nawa o....
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Obalatule: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Melania Trump is my bish!!!!

1 Like

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Obalatule: 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:
What is the current price of Naira to dollar, I wan buy
I get dollar for sale on promo price.....buy one get seven free

1 Like

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Bkayyy, we need to patronize this guy on his good shirts.
Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by Obalatule: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Breaking News!! Vladimir Putin to contest in Lagos east Bye-election

1 Like

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SLAP44: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
I get dollar for sale on promo price.....buy one get seven free

Serious?

My friend says he will sell dollars to me at Jonathan regime price of N218 naira grin

1 Like

Re: No man's land: What Could Be Cause Of This Mantra by SpicyMimi(f): 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

You must be a very good business man, keep it up. I need a red striped shirt on white background, preferably tiny stripes, vertical.

Lol thank you very much sir cheesy

I’m a lady by the way cheesy

Okay we can talk on WhatsApp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

#endsars Protests around the world - October 10, 2020 / Ajegunle Police Station Burnt By Protesters - VIDEO / COVID-19 Palliatives Looted From My House Were To Be Distributed On My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.