Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. (49314 Views)

Best WAEC Students Get N200k Yearly Scholarship From Lagos Government (Photo) / 17 Year Old 2019 Best WAEC Student, Chisom Buried Amid Tears (watch Video) / See The Boy With The Best WAEC Result So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Meteng: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
maak400:
She’s not the one on her profile picture
That's fraud! Yahoo yahoo
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Meteng:
That's fraud! Yahoo yahoo

Lol
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Angrymode: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Expo is even encouraged by exam bodies themselves. It will go a long way to curb expo if only exam bodies will suspend the fine they impose on schools for not meeting up with a required number of students. The thing about expo is simply down to individual greed and lack of standard.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by earnit3: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ok
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Grandest(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Tie and die -1500,and so on.

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?
Nice post. I sent you a mail. Kindly reply or can you please give me your email address?
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Blaze232(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
congratulate Dr. Akinwumi Adesina on his re-election as the President of the African Development Bank by the Board of Governors of the Bank.

I am proud of Dr. Adesina because he has remained consistent as a man of vision and considerable capacity; traits he generously put to use while serving as a key member of our administration’s economic team and minister of agriculture.

His first term as President of AfDB brought about exemplary leadership, significant achievements and broken records, especially with the bank’s recent unprecedented capital increase by 125% to $208 billion.

With his re-election and focus on infrastructural development, youth empowerment and regional integration, I believe that AfDB will continue to strongly reflect the voice, vision and aspirations of the founding fathers of the Bank.

I urge him to deploy his astute managerial skill to ensure that the positive impact of the Bank’s development initiatives is felt across the continent.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by dumodust(m): 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
ModestGal:

Hey, hold your dumb ideas in your pocket, I don't have your time please. Because either ways, your life is still shitty. Get lost from my mentions please

Hahahaha... Stop projecting your shitty advice on others pls, and this is not your forum so I get to be in your mentions as long as I want till your brain reset from frustration

2 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Crenzywilliams(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bunsenbun:
FUTO.ahbii
Nah, the greatest of the greatest Uniben.

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
tot:

Sorry your life is in such a state you are regretting not "PERTAKING" in exam malpractice. Heya.

Anyway, as the other guy already told you, those cheats will end up being the doctors that will treat you in the future with their half baked results cheesy So continue being a realist.
If I should go by this thread 90% of nairalanders are people of high moral standards and they don't cheat. Make una dey lie to una selves rubbish.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by ykalhaji(m): 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
I am of 2 minds concerning this matter, I abhor cheating but I also know that Exams especially in Nigeria are used more as a gatekeeping processes instead of a learning or evaluation process. Millions of Nigerians today wouldn't have been able to get a post secondary education without expo, cheating or examination malpractice.

A lot of secondary school students and below in Nigeria never had the proper enviroment and/or resources both at home and in school to be prepared enough or properly for WAEC or JAMB, that is why once they get to an enabling environment they succed and learn well.

Education needs to be rejigged in Nigeria it shouldn't be a do or die thing, more post secondary options other than Universities need to be promoted, encouraged and built. Polytechnics, Trade Schools, Institutes of Trade, should be marketed as reputable and worthy 1st choice schools that can give career paths that earn better than having University degrees.

Also, alumnis need to start taking ownership of their Alma maters. With thousands of successful former students both home and abroad most comprehensive, grammar and secondary school in Nigeria should be as derelict as most of them are today.

We shouldn't just complain about cheating, we have to ask why is there a need for cheating in the 1st place ?? Why the rat race ? If opportunities abound or enabling environment are created there will be no need for hardworking students to work all day in the Sun to pay for Exam expo, they will simply just get a high school certificate in night class and then move on to a trade school or just continue to work where they are presently working and move up the ladder and when the time comes get some professional certifications or management certifications like our grandparents did in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Chukwudi4naija(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

Yes, you and him need psychiatrists to attend to you.

You see now, why it's obvious you graduated from a miracle center ?

You don't even know the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
Psychologist and psychiatrist work in tandem to treat patient symptoms from both a behavioral and clinical standpoint.
The fields of psychology and psychiatry are both essential in researching and developing treatment for improving mental and emotional health. Differences aside, psychologists and psychiatrists share a common goal: helping people feel better. You just made a fool of yourself trying to sound learned.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by terpenoid(m): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
That was exactly how a cattle rearer graduated with a 2.1 with the top 10 best in my class back then, someone that doesn't know what Hydrogen and Oxygen would yield when they react....am still angry that I didn't focus on yahoo back in school, after all the hard earned result, am still struggling to secure a Better life....
Muna4real:
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Tie and die -1500,and so on.

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Pchizy: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
@Muna4real,
It's quite good to hear your story.
It's really pathetic, that many hands are on this deck, spoiling the credibility of our education system.

I also noted this your statement,

"... because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best..."

So, what if your parents had agreed to pay for Expo?

Think about that.

You have to personally resolve your path in life.
Would you have partook in the exam expo if your parents consented to pay?
What about higher institution, where your parent won't be there with you to dictate whether to pay or not?

Yes, you did not cheat, but firstly, you must define your stand in life, personally, because so many things are out there to derail a life.

Imagine going back to such a vomit that one was once against?

2ndly, note & work positively in your thought and thought acceptance. People & the system will pressure you to try to believe that you can't make it without soiling your hand.

That's not true. Then, prepare for the sacrifice (to study hard while others play) play also but a planned play. Check your friends. Influence can deal with a life.

Work extra mile. Yea, study extra. A good preparation will surely boost your confidence.

Learn to organise yourself and be turf ahead of time to manage pressure (peer pressure - hunger to belong, peer abuse-- you're juu guy/Gal, pressure from quick submission of exam paper - - of course they cheated which you can't).

A lot to say, but it really takes God's help for one to stand for good in this our dispensation.

Is all these possible? Yes it is!
I am a living witness. And I came out strong (by God's Grace. Pray as you push into study life)

Who is to be blamed?
The education sector?? Check their invigilators. Majority have compromised.

The Teachers? Ooh, so painful how Principal who engages to make such an arrangement.

What about students?
A generation that never want to sit down & learn. A generation that loves & practice bad ways and yet, blame the bad leaders.

What about Parents?
Some muster money & send their kid to miracle center.

Oooooo, last year, 2019. My friend came back angry. The school he teaches organised a PTA meeting to discuss on how to raise money to pay to external examiners.
Yes, parents, teachers meeting discussing on how to organise expo.
Horribly pathetic, it shows the level of decay.

A thief being sent by his parents, you know the outcome?

I weep not because I stand, I weep because of what lies ahead for such a generation.

(that's why some get frustrated in good institutions,, they suffer it, while the parents suffer the money waste, the society suffers from the outcome of the life of such a person)

May God help us all in this nation

2 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by IvarTheBoneless: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Chukwudi4naija:

Chukwudi4naija to his useless father:
Psychologist and psychiatrist work in tandem to treat patient symptoms from both a behavioral and clinical standpoint.
The fields of psychology and psychiatry are both essential in researching and developing treatment for improving mental and emotional health. Differences aside, psychologists and psychiatrists share a common goal: helping people feel better. You just made a fool of yourself trying to sound learned.

You actually feel stupid because I proved conclusively that you are a product of a miracle center. Now, go and mourn in peace grin grin grin
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by tot(f): 11:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
SegFault:

If I should go by this thread 90% of nairalanders are people of high moral standards and they don't cheat. Make una dey lie to una selves rubbish.

Maybe you need to read it again, the pro-expo supporters are here as well. Anyway, as we all lay our beds we lie on it.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by NobleSeed(m): 12:07am On Aug 28, 2020
Oladimejjy:
Here in the North,the student don't even read at all.
Currently serving here and I have to write expo on the board every day of d exam!!!
They had English yesterday, I don't even bother to go.
you see where the problem started from. #Welldon you are really serving your father's Land.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by GENERALSEIFDAN1(m): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2020
I am sure that will be the pump attendant last exam.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by cho25bc(f): 3:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Vyzz:

In the next five years....

He might become the minister of education
God bless you for this
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by ModestGal(f): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2020
dumodust:

Hahahaha... Stop projecting your shitty advice on others pls, and this is not your forum so I get to be in your mentions as long as I want till your brain reset from frustration
Lol, aint forcing my idea down your throat, i made my comment and left, you can do likewise if you are actually schooled, but no, you now got a job,so go on honey, since you are jobless, and continue to make my idea your headache, your head will soon blow cheesy. sad cheesy Try another monicker again next,make sure you don't stop quoting me, irritating fool,
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by S197(m): 7:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Will you bear my expenses
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by S197(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2020
Physics answer is available contact me on WhatsApp 09031299424
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2020
tot:

Maybe you need to read it again, the pro-expo supporters are here as well. Anyway, as we all lay our beds we lie on it.
Only about four people
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by themanderon: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Nigeria is gone. When the head is rotten what can the body do? The head is rotten, the body which represents the citizens is corrupt so no hope.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by TundeFerrarri: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2020
Benefit boy at work �
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Najdorf: 10:15am On Aug 28, 2020
This country is a joke. Nothing new here.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by dumodust(m): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol, aint forcing my idea down your throat, i made my comment and left, you can do likewise if you are actually schooled, but no, you now got a job,so go on honey, since you are jobless, and continue to make my idea your headache, your head will soon blow cheesy. sad cheesy Try another monicker again next,make sure you don't stop quoting me, irritating fool,
Yeah, yeah... For posterity I will emphasize what tot has said... You are a hypocritical CHEAT!

1 Like

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by tot(f): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
dumodust:

Yeah, yeah... For posterity I will emphasize what tot has said... You are a hypocritical CHEAT!

Co-sign.
She seems very frustrated to be honest.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by UrVillagePpl: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Muna4real:

I was raised in warri. I finished basic education there and moved to the east for my university education. Tribalism is bad. Stay away from it.

OP
Are you the one on your profile??
Just asking for a friend
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Bunsenbun(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
Crenzywilliams:

Nah, the greatest of the greatest Uniben.
hahahaha.When strength dey Bleep una up,baba just dey chill
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Bunsenbun(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Awoo88:

Is every where. Every extra moral lesson class in Ibadan is a center for "kperi ise"
until They Enter UI.
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Awoo88: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bunsenbun:
until They Enter UI.
Dem dey enter. Abadina had one or two extra classes writing ssce for students. All the teachers were IU students

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When You're A Medical Student In Esut. Pix / 13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.