Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive (1134 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive by cocolacec(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Narcissism in the pulpit
Pastoral abuse
90% of pastors are highly narcissistic
30% of pastors have full blown Narcissistic Personality Disorder

The key term to describe a narcissist is “self-aggrandizement.” All of us to one degree or another manifest some narcissistic characteristics, particularly when we are younger or in our youth, but most of us grow out of it as we mature.

There are those, though, who because of their unique temperament, combined with improper upbringing and training that often includes trauma, who develop warped belief structures about themselves and others by their teen years. Unfortunately they not only do not grow out of it, but they become firmly entrenched and concerned with “Me, My, I, and Myself.” They live out a life of “It’s all about Me: my wishes, my desires, my kingdom come...” In essence another person with a certifiable personality disorder is unleashed upon the world.

One mistaken belief is that a narcissist is in love with himself, but in reality he is in love with an image of himself– an image he creates and believes about himself based upon his perception of how he perceives that other people view him.

Unfortunately, to love only images renders the individual unable to really love and care for the person who is behind the image. The
narcissist does not really love himself or others around him. He loves his projected image and the image he projects onto others (more about this later).
A personality disorder is a repeatable pattern of abnormal behavior that doesn’t change even though it upsets and causes emotional trouble with other people at work and in personal relationships. “It is not limited to episodes of mental illness, and it is not caused by drug or alcohol use, head injury, or illness. There are about a dozen different behavior patterns classified as personality disorders by DSM-IV. All the personality disorders show up as deviations from normal in one or more of the following areas:
1. cognition– i.e., perception, thinking, and interpretation of oneself, other people, and events
2. affectivity– i.e., emotional responses (range, intensity, lability, appropriateness)
3. interpersonal functions
4. impulsivity.” (Ashmun)

Why do narcissists love churches?
Narcissists often see church as a valuable source of attention. ... Just like a leech, narcissists gain their energy from the admiration of those around them. Church is the perfect place for the narcissist to be able to parade their accomplishments and spiritual sincerity to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw50KlV15uk

https://www.epiclesis.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Narcissism-in-the-Pulpit.pdf

Re: 90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive by felixomor: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2020
Who conducted the research?
Re: 90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive by eplanning: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2020
It all began with believing the MESSIAH has overthrown the Father and set his own Salvation and laws even though MESSIAH himself taught nothing of such. It began when we equated MESSIAH with the Father even though he himself said otherwise.

Why are you now surprised that your pastors are walking in the steps of your fake white Jesus? Why shouldn't they become gods, superstars and above the law?
Re: 90% Of Pastors Are Narcissistic And Abusive by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2020
cocolacec:
Narcissism in the pulpit
Pastoral abuse
90% of pastors are highly narcissistic
30% of pastors have full blown Narcissistic Personality Disorder...

You are wrong, 100% of pastors are the God of their members. Pastor/Member relationship = Master/Slave relationship OR Smart-Leader/Stupid-Followers relationship.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Gospel And Who Is The First Unbeliever? / See How Polygamist Have Secretly Changed The Meaning Of Adultery / Should Polygamy Be Made A Crime In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.