Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) (7055 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2020
A conservationist has been mauled to death by his 400lb white lions he kept at his South African safari lodge.

West Mathewson, 68, was attacked by two mature lionesses after he unlocked their gate to take them for a morning walk.

His wife Gill, 65, attempted to save her husband during the attack by distracting the 400lb lionnesses, named Tanner and Demi, but they had already inflicted very fatal injuries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8668523/Conservationist-mauled-death-400lb-white-lions-kept-South-African-safari-lodge.html?ito=social-facebook

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2020
Mr Mathewson ran a popular safari known as Lion Tree Top Lodge, located near the town of Hoedspruit, around 280 miles north west of Johannesburg.

The lionesses had previously killed a man working on a neighbouring property after they broke out of their paddock in 2017.

The lionesses were tranquilised following the attack on Wednesday and have been taken to a local endangered species centre.

According to Ms Fergusson, member of the family, 'they will later be released into the wild.'

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by darocha1: 11:51am On Aug 27, 2020
He knew à day like that will come.

Something must kill a man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2020
Throughout the History of Humanity, The Only Person that Lions Have Fully Respected is Daniel!

It took God Almighty to Lock their Mouths!

There are Certain things we need to be Extremely Careful about..

Sin has Made Man to Lose The Dominion we Had over these Creatures..

It at the Millienium Reign we will Enjoy that Full Dominion Adam and Eve Lost

Condolences to His Family!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Zeion422(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2020
I prefer enjoyment too kill me.

2 Likes

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by GODSENT252: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Damn. Reason why i love dogs,they cant ever betray you. Such a painful way to die. Explorer sir,this is gory o

2 Likes

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Electronzeez(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
They woke up hungry that day .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
GODSENT252:
Damn. Reason why i love dogs,they cant ever betray you. Such a painful way to die. Explorer sir,this is gory o

Im not a fan of wild animals/zoo/safari.

I will rather see Pyramids, sphinx, tombs and mummies in Egypt.

You need to go to YouTube and search animal attacking human.

E go shock you.

8 Likes

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
angry

I watched a video footage of about 3 lion trying to eat a man. those creature were snapping the neck of the man like an antelope and from the reply, it's very evident that it happened in South Africa. some undisclosed individual was was firing live shots towards the lion to scare them away. if by any chance, the victim was my relative, I will snap the neck of the guy with the gun trying to save the lion instead of the man that was been maul and feed him to those vile creatures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nmezor(f): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Gosh, wat a way to die...killed by ur own pets not cool at all...Damn no love from them...
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by omorttee4u(m): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
I don't know why people keep wild animals, something that can't talk, when they are angry you wouldn't know. Have read in countenance number of time where this animals attack who feeds them grow. But, it wouldn't stop showing on news every now and then...

Because, some people just want to be weird to nurture what will give nothing but death sentence.

R I P to the decease.

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by chiiraq802(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Owning wild animals....
what do you expect

It will always end in TEARS!!!

#Rip to the man.

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Imustreturn(m): 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Very good? You will call a wild animal your friend? Abegi

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by DaddyRochie1642: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
This incident clearly explains why smart people should never even try to turn a "Hoe to a HouseWife".. smart people will understand this my Statement.

23 Likes

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Imustreturn(m): 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
GODSENT252:
some dogs are wild bro

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Imustreturn(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
This incident clearly explains why smart people should never even try to turn a "Hoe to a HouseWife".. smart people will understand this my Statement.
on a good day they eat what they have abandoned years a go

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Aremu01(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Na WA o
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by illicit(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
There's that other guy that keeps Lions too
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by ednut1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Killed two men already and they want to release them into the wild

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by meobizy(f): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
I hear humans taste like pork, only those animals can confirm it. Why waste energy on only a snack? A zebra or similar herbivore will pack more meat and taste better. “Release into the wild.” those animals stand no chance of surviving on their own.
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
ednut1:

I wonder o, instead of gunning them down.

Soon they will be sneaking into towns to hunt humans.

GhostandtheDarkness

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by sbashir10(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by techmo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
shocked

People get mind. Lion as per?? Taking Lion for a morning walk?? Lion in??!!

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by oz4real83(m): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
I once commented on a snake thread about a girl who had big snakes has pets. In my comments, I said the snakes where waiting for when she will be big enough before eating her up. Just like this man that has been killed by his pet lions, it won't surprise me if she meets the same fate in the future. Wild animals are made for the wild, leave them in the wild but some people wont listen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nbotee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
They are wild animals for a reason. No matter how much U think U have tamed dem, their natural wild instincts will always b there

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
shocked

I hope the others learn from this. And those keeping huge pythons as pets too.

RIP.

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by SirMichael1: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Explorers:

I wonder o, instead of gunning them down.

Soon they will be sneaking into towns to hunt humans.

GhostandtheDarkness
You saw that movie? Jeez! That movie was top notch! Very scary. I read it was based on a true story.

1 Like

Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nicepoker(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Explorers:

Im not a fan of wild animals/zoo/safari.

I will rather see Pyramids, sphinx and tombs, mummies in Egypt.
Creepy guy
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Dawgg(f): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
IfGodbeforus:
Throughout the History of Humanity, The Only Person that Lions Have Fully Respected is Daniel!

It took God Almighty to Lock their Mouths!

There are Certain things we need to be Extremely Careful about..

Sin has Made Man to Lose The Dominion we Had over these Creatures..

It at the Millienium Reign we will Enjoy that Full Dominion Adam and Eve Lost

Condolences to His Family!
Rubbish
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by Nicepoker(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
ednut1:
The wild is their natural habitat.
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by SirMichael1: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nmezor:
Gosh, wat a way to die...killed by ur own pets not cool at all...Damn no love from them...
Taming a wild beast is shear madness! It will always see you as a meal suit for hungry days.
Re: 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
only a mad person will keep female lions as friends...

females will always gang up, it's their nature, our ladies gang up against us in fact anything female is dangerous you just have to be tougher than it. unfortunately this man was not tough enough for the lionesses, no man is tough enough for lionesses

if only these animals could talk we could known why they are so wicked..

just look at the way they were playing with the man but in their heart dem don conclude their evil plans

looking at those lions with that man is like looking at a Nigeria girl and her boyfriend, I don't know why I keep seeing Nigerian girls in places of the lionesses

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Afraid of Flying: What Remedy? / Owerri Is Beautiful Than Awka And Enugu, Umuahia. / Beautiful Cities Of Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.