Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! (351 Views)

How Do Create A Web. & M. Version Of The Same Website? / I Failed Adsese Verification. Can I Use The Same Website To Apply For UK Adsense / My Google Adsense Account Qas Banned, Can I Buy Another For The Same Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by stevedeey(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
1. I have a website currently hosted by a hosting company
2. The website has a domain name i.e (www.existingdomain.com) currently pointing to it

The above is fine and working

3. My client needs another domain i.e (www.newdomain.com) to open the same website (www.existingdomain.com) , the existing domain would also open

At the end of the day, we want to have both (www.existingdomain.com) and (www.newdomain.com) point/open the same website.
Please webmasters, I need your insights on how best I can go about this.
Regards
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by polimaf(m): 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is very simple na.

Either do a redirect or create alias just like you in M365 emails...
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by stevedeey(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
polimaf:
This is very simple na.

Either do a redirect or create alias just like you in M365 emails...

Thanks for this quick response. I have not had any reason to do this before thus prompting me to ask questions.
Kindly expatiate on redirect please?
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by polimaf(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
stevedeey:

Thanks for this quick response. I have not had any reason to do this before thus prompting me to ask questions.
Kindly expatiate on redirect please?
Oh okay. Are you using cpanel?

If you're using cpanel, it will be easy to create. Just type redirect, or alias.

Get the domain name, point the name server to the primary domain hosting...
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by LMServices: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
stevedeey:
2. The website has a domain name i.e (www.existingdomain.com) currently pointing to it

3. My client needs another domain i.e (www.newdomain.com) to open the same website (www.existingdomain.com) , the existing domain would also open

At the end of the day, we want to have both (www.existingdomain.com) and (www.newdomain.com) point/open the same website.
Regards
You need to do a 301 redirect. However, there is more to it. For the sake of SEO (if the previous has been in existence before now), you'd also need to do a redirect for SEO.

Although the 301 is healthy and instructs that it is a permanent one, it is important to do a formal SEO redirect as well.
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by stevedeey(m): 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
polimaf:
Oh okay. Are you using cpanel?

If you're using cpanel, it will be easy to create. Just type redirect, or alias.

Get the domain name, point the name server to the primary domain hosting...

Thank you boss. I use cPanel. I will try it out once I purchase the new domain
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by stevedeey(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
LMServices:

You need to do a 301 redirect. However, there is more to it. For the sake of SEO (if the previous has been in existence before now), you'd also need to do a redirect for SEO.

Although the 301 is healthy and instructs that it is a permanent one, it is important to do a formal SEO redirect as well.
Okay thank you boss. Will read on these redirect options. Saw something like that on a namecheap article.
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by Chukwudaalu(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
stevedeey:

Regards
All you need to do is to redirect the new domain. You can do that through your cpanel.
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by stevedeey(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Chukwudaalu:

All you need to do is to redirect the new domain. You can do that through your cpanel.
Thank you sir
Re: I Need A Configuration That Allows Two Domain Point To The Same Website. Help!!! by polimaf(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
stevedeey:

Thank you boss. I use cPanel. I will try it out once I purchase the new domain
nice

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Webmasters Section Is Thrash / Job site for sale" / Old Yankee Fb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.