Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1368593 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KlausMike(m): 1:07am On Nov 12, 2020
miolad20:
My Timeline
Apr 2018 - IELTS - LRWS 7.5, 9, 6.5, 8 First attempt (BC)
July 2018 - WES - BSc
July 2018 - CRS Score 398
Dec 2019 - Finished MBA
Mar 2020 - IELTS - LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 Second attempt (MOD) - I used ieltsliz and ieltsonlinetests to prepare.
Apr 2020 - WES Evaluation for MBA
July - Got married and jumped into the pool next day CRS - 482
ITA - Aug 5

Medicals were done at Qlife Lagos, quite seamless. I booked via a

Awww! Congratulations! We got ITA on the same day..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daraojo: 1:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Your's coming soon, get ready
KlausMike:

Awww! Congratulations! We got ITA on the same day..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KlausMike(m): 3:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Daraojo:
Your's coming soon, get ready

Amen oh!!! Although I had to reject my ITA, but I believe my time will come

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 4:14am On Nov 12, 2020
luckygeee:
Hi guys please I have a question that really need answers. I want to change my NOC from Chemical Engineering to Educator/teacher because most province require you to have an engineering license. The issue is that I have 4 years experience working as a chemical engineer and my bank statements will show my salaries paid by my engineering company but I can show proof that I taught in a school for 3 years. Will my bank statement contradict my claim as a teacher?
When did you teach?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 4:16am On Nov 12, 2020
LeProfeseurJean:
I've not gotten reply, can I use Ibtc mutual funds statement of account for pof pls who has succeeded in using same
According to the messages here and the first page, yes you can. Alternatively, just search mutual fund on previous threads to confirm for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 12, 2020
luckygeee:
Hi guys please I have a question that really need answers. I want to change my NOC from Chemical Engineering to Educator/teacher because most province require you to have an engineering license. The issue is that I have 4 years experience working as a chemical engineer and my bank statements will show my salaries paid by my engineering company but I can show proof that I taught in a school for 3 years. Will my bank statement contradict my claim as a teacher?
risking a ban eh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2020
KlausMike:

Amen oh!!! Although I had to reject my ITA, but I believe my time will come
Oh dear, I rejected mine too and I understand how that must feel but I know our time will come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by reginaceali: 5:33am On Nov 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have chosen NOC 1212 but I would appreciate 2nd opinion on these NOC choice because its a bit confusing. Please help me check between NOC 1212 and NOC 6235.
Role: Fund Transfer Officer
• Providing advisory roles to customer relationship officers, regarding operational policies and procedures in relation to the available investment products and opportunities offered by the bank.
• Maintain proper records of funds transfer transactions; ensure maintenance and effective utilization of physical assets and resources (adding machines, workstations, stamps till boxes etc.).
• Reviewing Incoming/Outgoing clearing cheques to ensure timely/proper booking of same in conformity with Clearing/Bank’s procedure.
• Update, monitor and maintain proper accounting records and documentation of the branch transactions to prevent fraud and irregularities and safeguard assets of the bank.
• Initiate local and Foreign currency funds transfer for customers after verifying forms for accuracy and handling other customer financial transactions like deposits, withdrawals, transfers, money orders, and checking
• Promote the bank's services and create awareness to potential customers and Managing ATM cash refilling
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by luckygeee: 6:09am On Nov 12, 2020
MissMa01:

When did you teach?

I taught for a year after graduation while waiting for NYSC, I taught during my NYSC and also a year after my NYSC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by luckygeee: 6:11am On Nov 12, 2020
Kekereekun123:
risking a ban eh

Really? Na wah oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by michaelf284: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2020
Like Mmamaron advised u....its usually better to put LOE where it address the issue explained in my opinion too.
So if LOE is about IELTS, in spouse education placeholder attach: Degree Cert+ECA+IELTS+LOE and you'd be fine.
Cheers

Ovywils:
It's for spouse's IELTS.
I did a screenshot of what I saw on cic website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by michaelf284: 6:21am On Nov 12, 2020
Lol....advise him na cheesy cheesy

Kekereekun123:
risking a ban eh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2020
At a reasonable price too please.
Kelechiuwanna:
Yeah...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Thank you so much. For someone not in the Industry, you did well.
I have actually done a totally new JD closer and less detailed/specific and also removed the acronyms smiley. I don't want to take chances.
Petroleum Engineer is totally different and also the NOC description is totally different, nothing I do is there.

For the 2112 vs 2211 its tricky because in Nigeria and most countries you need a degree to do some part of what I was doing, as far as I know, probably minimum of HND while the other part probably could be learnt on the job. So i would probably just adjust it to have more of one of the NOC's and choose 1, its tending more towards the Chemical Tech- skill level B.

Yes I agree May is not essential but it was part of what I did and helps to compensate for the "essential" ones that I did not do (very subjective depending on Industry)

Do you agree its better i make the descriptions for NOC 2134 less specific? I think its better that way.

Thanks again for your help.

Engr Ayeesha,

Specific is good, in my opinion, because it shows authenticity and clearly avoids possible cut and paste worries..and this sector is so technical anyway, so no issues. Pls spell out the acronyms and maybe incorporate some key words/synonyms from the NOC e.g. Hydraulic analysis using software, might be modified to include research also.

#BrainDrainFromNigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by reginaceali: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2020
Seniors in the house. Kindly assist me.

Hi Guys,

I have chosen NOC 1212 but I would appreciate 2nd opinion on these NOC choice because its a bit confusing. Please help me check between NOC 1212 and NOC 6235.
• Providing advisory roles to customer relationship officers, regarding operational policies and procedures in relation to the available investment products and opportunities offered by the bank.
• Maintain proper records of funds transfer transactions; ensure maintenance and effective utilization of physical assets and resources (adding machines, workstations, stamps till boxes etc.).
• Reviewing Incoming/Outgoing clearing cheques to ensure timely/proper booking of same in conformity with Clearing/Bank’s procedure.
• Update, monitor and maintain proper accounting records and documentation of the branch transactions to prevent fraud and irregularities and safeguard assets of the bank.
• Initiate local and Foreign currency funds transfer for customers after verifying forms for accuracy and handling other customer financial transactions like deposits, withdrawals, transfers, money orders, and checking
• Promote the bank's services and create awareness to potential customers and Managing ATM cash refilling
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GreatManBee: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2020
miolad20:
My Timeline
July 2018 - WES - BSc
Dec 2019 - Finished MBA
Mar 2020 - IELTS - LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 Second attempt (MOD) - I used ieltsliz and ieltsonlinetests to prepare.
ITA - Aug 5

Medicals were done at Qlife Lagos, quite seamless. I booked via a phone call to the phone number on their website. We got there before 8 am and left around 11 am. PCC was at Alagbon. Wifey did one and same person affidavit at Ikoyi High Court same day.
Education - I attached BSc and MBA certs and WES

Marriage - I attached the wedding cert and a collage of pictures from our wedding.
Employment - got reference letters from my previous and current employer - same NOC, 5+ years in total. The former did not state salary earned so I added my employment offer letter which shows the salary breakdown. Thanks to Mamaroon for helping to check how my JDs match the NOC 6235
POF - 80% in Mutual Funds and remaining in spouse's account. I attached reference letters from SIAML for the mutual funds, from spouse's bank and a simple letter from her stating that I have access to the fund in her account. I also created a word document showing a breakdown of the POF accounts, the equivalent in CAD and screenshot from XE for the conversion rate used. All put together in a single PDF file.

I used icecream pdf for all merging and splitting. Saved all document and screenshots on the cloud too just in case.

LOE - I did a letter explaining each document uploaded at the major placeholders and why.
AOR - Aug 30 - all fees paid with a family friend's Canadian bank card. The rate was at 305 (super low - he just decided to help us)
ADR - Sep 22 - Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Had to submit my spouse's details all over again.
BIL - Sep 30, completed Oct 16.
I asked about visa office and application status via webform. The response came about a week later that our file was in Accra VO and that I could contact them directly if I so desire. Rude shock, but we took it with faith.
PPR - Nov 9. I don't know the word to describe how I felt. I am yet to recover from it even.

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed valuable information on this thread series. You guys are heroes!

Congrats!
Did your wife also evaluate with WES and did she write IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2020
bekayy:
What's wrong??
Any hassles.??.UAE PCC takes a day. Go to the minstery of interior website.
Were you able to do it from ministry of interior? I wasn't able to, don't remember exactly what the challenge was but it seemed it would be easier for someone who is still in the UAE.
Anyway after struggling with MOI website, I went to Dubai police website (though more expensive) and did my own easily with my old Emirates ID number. I have gotten mine, received it within a few hours.
My husband never had an Emirates ID (as he left there over 9 yrs ago before it became a thing) so he has to send his fingerprints. That's where the wahala is now because it has to be stamped from their embassy here and they say they don't stamp such. It's been a struggle because no one has been able to give us straightforward info. Finally sha they said they will stamp a Nig police report so we're doing a new one for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2020
Congratulations oooooo. You got PR in less 3 months and I've seen people say its not possible.
I sent u a pm pls.

miolad20:
My Timeline
July 2018 - WES - BSc
Dec 2019 - Finished MBA
ITA - Aug 5

Medicals were done at Qlife Lagos, quite seamless. I booked via a phone call to the phone number on their website. We got there before 8 am and left around 11 am. PCC was at Alagbon. Wifey did one and same person affidavit at Ikoyi High Court same day.
Education - I attached BSc and MBA certs and WES

Marriage - I attached the wedding cert and a collage of pictures from our wedding.
Employment - got reference letters from my previous and current employer - same NOC, 5+ years in total. The former did not state salary earned so I added my employment offer letter which shows the salary breakdown. Thanks to Mamaroon for helping to check how my JDs match the NOC 6235
POF - 80% in Mutual Funds and remaining in spouse's account. I attached reference letters from SIAML for the mutual funds, from spouse's bank and a simple letter from her stating that I have access to the fund in her account. I also created a word document showing a breakdown of the POF accounts, the equivalent in CAD and screenshot from XE for the conversion rate used. All put together in a single PDF file.

I used icecream pdf for all merging and splitting. Saved all document and screenshots on the cloud too just in case.

LOE - I did a letter explaining each document uploaded at the major placeholders and why.
AOR - Aug 30 - all fees paid with a family friend's Canadian bank card. The rate was at 305 (super low - he just decided to help us)
ADR - Sep 22 - Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Had to submit my spouse's details all over again.
BIL - Sep 30, completed Oct 16.
I asked about visa office and application status via webform. The response came about a week later that our file was in Accra VO and that I could contact them directly if I so desire. Rude shock, but we took it with faith.
PPR - Nov 9. I don't know the word to describe how I felt. I am yet to recover from it even.

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed valuable information on this thread series. You guys are heroes!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2020
why did you guys reject it, I want to know pls.

MissMa01:

Oh dear, I rejected mine too and I understand how that must feel but I know our time will come.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gbemmyusuf: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2020
Thank you.

Hi .

This is what is did . I also got nom before I got married . And got married after I got ITA.

So you either add spouse before ITA or after ITA. With nomination, you are definitely above ITA cut off scores .

You add spouse on your CIC account.

I added my spouse after ITA. So I submitted our documents together.

Kindly notify Ontario of your marriage.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2020
You are saying he left over 9 years ago. PCCs are only required for countries you have lived in for 6 months in a row over the last 10 years. You don't need PCCs for anything over 10 years back from the date of your ITA.

Calculate your hubby's dates well to see if he meets that criteria. (If you've already calculated it properly, you can ignore this).

shadama:

Were you able to do it from ministry of interior? I wasn't able to, don't remember exactly what the challenge was but it seemed it would be easier for someone who is still in the UAE.
Anyway after struggling with MOI website, I went to Dubai police website (though more expensive) and did my own easily with my old Emirates ID number. I have gotten mine, received it within a few hours.
My husband never had an Emirates ID (as he left there over 9 yrs ago before it became a thing) so he has to send his fingerprints. That's where the wahala is now because it has to be stamped from their embassy here and they say they don't stamp such. It's been a struggle because no one has been able to give us straightforward info. Finally sha they said they will stamp a Nig police report so we're doing a new one for them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayinke93(f): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone! I intend using the full time work experience I gained while also schooling full time to apply for ppr. It was a one year continuous paid employment. I just want to be sure I won't have any issues. Also, has anyone used this to gain ppr in the past?
I look forward to your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by miolad20(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
Congratulations oooooo. You got PR in less 3 months and I've seen people say its not possible.
I sent u a pm pls.

Thank you. I've responded to your pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by miolad20(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2020
GreatManBee:

Congrats!
Did your wife also evaluate with WES and did she write IELTS?

Yes, she evaluated her BSc with WES and wrote IELTS. We had the exact same scores on each module.

PS. We wrote same day at different cities and prepared for the test separately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2020
miolad20:

Yes, she evaluated her BSc with WES and wrote IELTS. We had the exact same scores on each module.

PS. We wrote same day at different cities and prepared for the test separately.
Your scores and your wife’s scores are such pleasant coincidences. I wish same for me and my spouse o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2020
abnot:

Use the CRS score calculator to get a glimpse of your score and standing in the pool

Thanks bro,when I did the simulations I scored 480 of which cut off is 478...with my 480 is a must that if I apply I'll be called or any idea what my chances would be like plz..??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2020
Ayinke93:
Hello everyone! I intend using the full time work experience I gained while also schooling full time to apply for ppr. It was a one year continuous paid employment. I just want to be sure I won't have any issues. Also, has anyone used this to gain ppr in the past?
I look forward to your responses.

Page 1, first post.

Work experience while studying may count, read HERE for more details.

HERE: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2020
reginaceali:
Hi Guys,

In general, each NOC has several duties listed as bullet points on the NOC website.
A) Number these bullet points from 1 to 20 or wherever it stops
B) put the appropriate number beside your JD duties and repost for review
C) Do this on your JD for both 1212 and 6235

This way you and anyone helping should be able to see if most of the duties have been covered....or not.

#MyNOCAdvice
#ScientificMatching
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Oh my. I am sorry for all the walaha. I had an Emirates ID so just like yours, it took a day.

My friend on the other hand, had to send her finger prints via DHL, go to the UAE embassy here to verify it. Please go to the embassy here. it can be done unless it has changed from 2 years ago.

shadama:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayinke93(f): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2020
Mmamaroon:

Page 1, first post.

Work experience while studying may count, read HERE for more details.

HERE: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
Thank you very much Mmamaroon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2020
bekayy:
Oh my. I am sorry for all the walaha. I had an Emirates ID so just like yours, it took a day.
My friend on the other hand, had to send her finger prints via DHL, go to the UAE embassy here to verify it. Please go to the embassy here. it can be done unless it has changed from 2 years ago.
Please could you tell me exactly what form she took to get stamped? As in on what form did she take her fingerprints? We've been to the embassy several times, they refused to stamp his own because it was a form sent by Dubai government for us to take the fingerprints. Even though the fingerprints were taken and stamped here... it just doesn't make sense. That they can't stamp something issued by UAE gov't. They sent us away from the door. If you could please help me get info on exactly what she did, it will be really helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TCAT: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2020
[08034776818
Please add me to the AVO group
quote author=urblackpearl post=93490537]

I can add you to AVO grp if u send your digits [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.