Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1367305 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hey guys, please how long has WES evaluation taken in recent time?

After about 4 months of back and forth and lies (even after paying a contact), Unilag just sent notification of result (in place of certificate) last week even though transcript has been there since 10th Sept. and counting 35 working days would mean January for ECA and i turn 30 in January sad
Our score this week with husbands IELTS is now 474, we were projecting WES to be done October if not for Unilag's rubbish and now CRS cutoff is getting higher, so upset sad sigh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prehciousness: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good afternoon house... please, is there a need for deed of gift if I save my money in treasury bill or can I do both....thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MaamCita: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Isha113: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
MINTss:
Good morning,
Please anyone who wrote ielts on the 31st October on this time line? Seen your result yet?

yes, I have
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Isha113: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
is it possible to remark speaking and writing for IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
Isha113:
is it possible to remark speaking and writing for IELTS?
You can even remark all the components. Speaking and writing are liable to change than listening and reading
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Isha113: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
elohim24:

You can even remark all the components. Speaking and writing are liable to change than listening and reading
oh thank you so much
so there's a high probability of the speaking and writing score going up?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sotonwaostrong: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
Gcms
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:

After about 4 months of back and forth and lies (even after paying a contact), Unilag just sent notification of result (in place of certificate) last week even though transcript has been there since 10th Sept. and counting 35 working days would mean January for ECA and i turn 30 in January sad
Our score this week with husbands IELTS is now 474, we were projecting WES to be done October if not for Unilag's rubbish and now CRS cutoff is getting higher, so upset sad sigh
Just calm down... scores won't be up for long. A lot of people are having delay with ECA as well. Wes will still do verification. Be thankful and be hopeful. I'm on 458 and will lose 5 points next month. The only thing now is wifey to max out and reevaluate her LLB with IQAS or I will learn French which is an Herculean task at the moment. May God see us through

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Isha113:

oh thank you so much
so there's a high probability of the speaking and writing score going up?
Yes... mine went up with 0.5 apiece

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
I really need a candid advice at this point. A friend is currently using CES for the evaluation of his master degree. He passed his IELTS yesterday with CRS at 478.
CES has been very slow due to covid. He is currently on stage 2 of the evaluation and this will go through 6 stages in total. His transcript ( OAU) was acknowledged received Aug 27th 2020.
He is thinking of switching to WES because of CES slow processing time and also uncertainty with CRS cut off these days.
He is so confused on what to do. Please has anyone use CES recently- please share experience
Do you advise he start all over with WES, has any one processed OAU transcript recently, any candid ideas or suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks my people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:

Sorry about your issue , Same problem I’m encountering with my husbands university. This whole thing has to be timeous. I’m praying for ASUU strike to end even more than the students in school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Isha113: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
elohim24:
Yes... mine went up with 0.5 apiece
alright thanks. if that happens, I can max IELTS � I'll apply for remark on monday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Rhuth:

Wrong.
Check again. You can do both IELTS and TEF
Why do you think some people are running around to learn French?
Because only ielts is not enough for them!
Check the cic website and do another simulation

Woowww seriously, please give me a link or tell me the calculator app youre using??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Jacknn:

Woowww seriously, please give me a link or tell me the calculator app youre using??

And how many points can learning French give,is it up to 15points??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chibabe25: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
MaamCita:
Yes they have. To IRCC and I'll get mine within 30 working days.

Okay. But you have been sent a soft copy right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Stay blessed
Jacknn:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Hi,
When you land in Canada with COPR....you have attained PR status already. So points can be claimed off the landed sibling thereof
So @MamaHeaven please take note

Please be elaborate on this,how do u mean. Re u meaning to say when the sibling lands in Canada waiting to receive the PR in few months u can start claiming points even without he/she attaining the status yet or what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Marykelly: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
Yes I have
benmac4sure:
Please is there anyone here that studied in ABUAD (Afe-Babalola University) that has done his or her WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
When someone lands in Canada...& does landing formalities & Stamping you become a permanent resident already (Attained PR status).
After some months the PR card get sent to u, but you are already a PR with social insurance number and access to relevant government benefits including siblings claiming points off u.

However, to claim sibling points you will normally need her PR card and Utility/rent bill in addition to proof of sibling.
Perhaps that's why the previous person said u have to wait till she gets her PR card...but again as long as she has landed n her documents stamped she is a PR. But giving after ITA one has 90 days to submit, I opine that the PR card will be ready before the 90 days elapses.
Cheers

Jacknn:

Please be elaborate on this,how do u mean. Re u meaning to say when the sibling lands in Canada waiting to receive the PR in few months u can start claiming points even without he/she attaining the status yet or what?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
Its not even nice at all what we go through in this country. It is well. Lets just keep praying for the best. God will make a way.
Debbieeeeeee:

Sorry about your issue , Same problem I’m encountering with my husbands university. This whole thing has to be timeous. I’m praying for ASUU strike to end even more than the students in school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Betterlife2018:
I really need a candid advice at this point. A friend is currently using CES for the evaluation of his master degree. He passed his IELTS yesterday with CRS at 478.
CES has been very slow due to covid. He is currently on stage 2 of the evaluation and this will go through 6 stages in total. His transcript ( OAU) was acknowledged received Aug 27th 2020.
He is thinking of switching to WES because of CES slow processing time and also uncertainty with CRS cut off these days.
He is so confused on what to do. Please has anyone use CES recently- please share experience
Do you advise he start all over with WES, has any one processed OAU transcript recently, any candid ideas or suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks my people.

This is NOT a recent experience......

We used Uni of Toronto CES in 2018, OAU transcripts delivered to them on Oct 29, Status was on stage 1 till Jan 15 when it moved to stage 3. They sent a scanned copy of the ECA for us to review for any errors on Feb 1 (this copy has all the details you need to update on your MyCIC profile). Approx. three months in total - going by that experience your friend should probably get their ECA by the end of this month. I am not aware that they did any verification and the timeline on their website then was 12 weeks, I think (this may have changed due to COVID).

Having said that, if your friend has the money to spare and doesn't mind the "risk" that the CES ECA may be ready before WES.......then sure, go ahead. Perhaps your friend could also compare the current timelines on the CES and WES websites to decide.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oredee: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Please can I change from spouse unaccompanying to spouse accompanying after ITA if spouse's eca and IELTS will still put us above the crs cut off?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
sesan01:
PPR just landed oo!!!!

Best birthday gift ever!!!!

All glory to God!

PPR gist coming soon.

Congratulations! When was your AOR. Please kindly submit your timeline for us.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oredee: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Please anyone who knows should kindly enlighten me please. Thank you

Oredee:
Please can I change from spouse unaccompanying to spouse accompanying after ITA if spouse's eca and IELTS will still put us above the crs cut off?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KlausMike(m): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:

Sorry to hear about your delay.

I recently (between Sept and Nov) evaluated degrees for my wife and younger brother.

My wife’s bachelor's degree from Adeleke University, with the entire process taking 7weeks. Her result was delivered to WES within 3 days. WES requested verification 3 times! thank goodness we had direct contact with the exams and records officer of her school

My brother’s Msc degree was from Warwick Uni and the entire process took a month. No verification was requested!

Hang in there! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mmamaroon:

This is NOT a recent experience......

We used Uni of Toronto CES in 2018, OAU transcripts delivered to them on Oct 29, Status was on stage 1 till Jan 15 when it moved to stage 3. They sent a scanned copy of the ECA for us to review for any errors on Feb 1 (this copy has all the details you need to update on your MyCIC profile). Approx. three months in total - going by that experience your friend should probably get their ECA by the end of this month. I am not aware that they did any verification and the timeline on their website then was 12 weeks, I think (this may have changed due to COVID).

Thanks, yea covid has changed many things, current processing time is 15 weeks ( they said they will even try to meet this ) from the day document is received. It is really frustrating. He is just scared of recent changes with CRS points,

Any OAU person in the house that used WES recently -please what is the experience like.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thanks.
WES says 35 working days and thats about 7 weeks. I was hoping it could be shorter, so I might have to wait till January if CRS doesn't drop sad. My Uk degree took WES about 3 weeks in 2018 and yea no verification and all that.
God help us.
KlausMike:

Sorry to hear about your delay.

I recently (between Sept and Nov) evaluated degrees for my wife and younger brother.

My wife’s bachelor's degree from Adeleke University, with the entire process taking 7weeks. Her result was delivered to WES within 3 days. WES requested verification 3 times! thank goodness we had direct contact with the exams and records officer of her school

My brother’s Msc degree was from Warwick Uni and the entire process took a month. No verification was requested!

Hang in there! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ebuncrown: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been finding it very difficult to pay for IQAS evaluation. I have been on it since October 20th. Once it’s 8:15am, the portal becomes very slow and till the time lapses. I have tried it with both MTN and Swift networks. Pls does anyone have an idea of how I can go about this thing as it’s really frustrating me.

I’d need suggestions pls as this is my only hope to get professional points for my LLB degree.

CES replied my application that they can’t evaluate my Law school degree. While I’m praying that the LLB comes back from CES as professional, I need to do IQAS as plan B.

I’d be looking forward to suggestions on how I can go about the iqas payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ebuncrown: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Betterlife2018:

Thanks my people.

Hiya.

Since it’s a masters degree that is to be evaluated, your friend can try WES. I am currently evaluating my LLB with CES. Submitted my application January 8th 2020, my transcript was received February 24th 2020 and up until now, my ECA is not ready. The only reason I considered them was cos IQAS was on break. If you have the money to request for another transcript, pls go in with CES that way you can use whichever comes out faster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.