Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363469 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JustMellow: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
quest118:
I need advice.

I returned from Canada in 2015 August. I didnt overstay my post graduation work permit. Had a one year education there. I returned because I could not secure the applicable job that would qualify me for PNP. Work permit period was quite short to get the right job.

I'm married now with kids. I wish to return with my family. What's the best way to go about it and how seamless/successful would it be (in terms of Visa issuance)? Mind you, I didnt overstay my previous Canadian Visa.

Hello Quest118,

Except there were certain reasons for opting for a 1yr PGWP after your 1yr program instead of enrolling into another 1yr program to get a 3yr PGWP, I will say at that time you fell short of appropriate information.

Even when one meets the visa requirements, there is no assurance. However, if you'd known, immediately you returned to Nigeria, you would have applied as a CEC outland because your Canadian 1yr work experience is still within the 3yrs bracket till 2018.

If you still have contacts in Canada expecially if you had a well-bonded relationship with your previous employer, maybe you could reach out for assistance either as an employer (as an eligible employer in FSW) or as a connect/referral in getting a job offer. Though its easier said than done.

I believe with the appropriate preparation and exposure to right information, you stand a chance of a successful outcome.

All the best wishes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank you.....
Oyinkanbad:
Congratulations..

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
Guys, just take a look at this 100% IELTS score... While I am wowed by it and not surprised at his scores based on his track records from his WAEC days... It saddens me that a talent like this is also making strides to leave Naija. It's just another indication how failed this country is and how talents leaving daily.

Sote IELTS had to refund his money back to him..lolz.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by slydog(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Zeus04:
Guys, just take a look at this 100% IELTS score... While I am wowed by it and not surprised at his scores based on his track records from his WAEC days... It saddens me that a talent like this is also making strides to leave Naija. It's just another indication how failed this country is and how talents leaving daily.

Sote IELTS had to refund his money back to him..lolz.

Man, the brother should leave the country to where he can get Economic value for his knowledge and skills

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello my people, please I'm confused about the work experience requirement. Please what do they mean by this:
" ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation"

Does one occupation mean you should be, for example, a Baker, or Teacher... for the entire period? What if you have three different jobs under the same NOC within the ten years; is it acceptable?

Thank you o cool cool cool cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sammydizzle(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Not only emotionally drained self.. financially drained too. That guy is brave and resilient. I salute him.
We will all smile at last!

Nacho4:

My goodness!!!...
I admire your resilience.
I would've beenn totally devastated and emotionally drained after my 4th attempt.

The worsening situation of this country can sha give one strength they didn't know they had.

Massive congrats!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Arosam(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello everyone! Please can someone help me with the processes and the cost implications of requesting a transcript to be sent from Madonna to WES Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Limitlessbond: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Tonto30:
Please guys, my transcript was sent on Monday. I was expecting to see something on verification but I saw this. Does it mean I won't need to verify?

Pls was this a BCS certificate in IT evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
mobenjackson:

Congrats... They photocopied my result for you, bt as i still dey 471, man gaz rewrite in few days to attain 474, make me sef fit clinch ITA.

But 471 is very fair unless you are losing points for age soon.

If you decide to still Go ahead, wishing you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dimple10:

But 471 is very fair unless you are losing points for age soon.

If you decide to still Go ahead, wishing you the best.
471 is a longshot in present clime. While he keeps the score, there's no harm in trying to max out IELTS. He stands a better chance with 474.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
[/quote]
I really need to get in touch with this individual asap as I want to know what he did to get Australia's attention. The last remark I did, I never got any acknowledgement from Australia despite copying them.

I wrote to idp lagos and copied australia in my email. This is the email i used and they responded back to say they would follow up with naija office.
idpieltsaustralia@idp.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
lasignor:
471 is a longshot in present clime. While he keeps the score, there's no harm in trying to max out IELTS. He stands a better chance with 474.

True as longs as the funds are available, why not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Wendyok:
Please how do I pay for my iqas...my zenith mastercard has refused to work....
Please what should I do
The amount you’re trying to pay is above your monthly allowance on international websites by the bank. Zenith is $200 a month last I confirmed and IQAS is $210 (usd) The equivalent of $275 CAD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Prudento:
Hello my people, please I'm confused about the work experience requirement. Please what do they mean by this:
" ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation"

Does one occupation mean you should be, for example, a Baker, or Teacher... for the entire period? What if you have three different jobs under the same NOC within the ten years; is it acceptable?

Thank you o cool cool cool cool

Edit: the question is asking if you have held at least one job for a continuous period of 1 year. Example is working as an admin for 1yr then the rest of your work experiences will be 6month, 5months etc with different employers.

If you mean having a job title like hr/admin/executive assistant and can fit your JD under Noc 1241For the last 10yrs then it’s fine.

You can also have worked under different NOC’s in the last 10yrs. As long as the Noc’s are under 0, A, B then you’re good too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dimple10:

Edit: the question is asking if you have held at least one job for a continuous period of 1 year. Example is working as an admin for 1yr then the rest of your work experiences will be 6month, 5months etc with different employers.

If you mean having a job title like hr/admin/executive assistant and can fit your JD under Noc 1241For the last 10yrs then it’s fine.

You can also have worked under different NOC’s in the last 10yrs. As long as the Noc’s are under 0, A, B then you’re good too.

Consider a scenereo where someone has experiences as 1. Agric. Extension Advisor (NOC A) - 1year, 2. Food Service Supervisor (NOC B) - 1yr, and Baker (NOC B) - 1yr. Is it acceptable as 3yrs experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tonto30(f): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Limitlessbond:

Pls was this a BCS certificate in IT evaluation?

No
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
If anyone here needs help paying for WES, IQAS and is unable to due to card restrictions, I can be of help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thanks a lot.
Dimple10:

I wrote to idp lagos and copied australia in my email. This is the email i used and they responded back to say they would follow up with naija office.
idpieltsaustralia@idp.com

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chanceux: 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good evening guys. The system updated my profile to 3 years work experience on the 1st of september but in reality it should be by beginning of Dec. As a result, I got an ITA few days ago. Is it okay if I should go ahead and submit my application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
I couldn't even get my uni to send mine because of covid. I had to upload a scanned copy at the end of July. It's been in line for processing since.
Daboll:

Hello, I did. It took me roughly one month surprisingly after my transcript from uni Abuja Got them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
chanceux:
Good evening guys. The system updated my profile to 3 years work experience on the 1st of september but in reality it should be by beginning of Dec. As a result, I got an ITA few days ago. Is it okay if I should go ahead and submit my application?
How did your system update 3years in September if you didn't input your start date as September? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 05, 2020
chanceux:
decline ITA. You can check canadavisa for instances where it has happened. The visa officer will used documents submitted to calculate the years, minus 25 points. Obviously the scores will be below ita meaning rejection. System calculation is not an excuse

lasignor:
How did your system update 3years in September if you didn't input your start date as September? undecided
the system has a bug, reads 2 years 11 months as 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Caddy123: 5:02am On Sep 05, 2020
Thanks.

amaya21:
You can apply to more than one PNP, however you can only accept one if more than one province extends a nomination.

For EE, only siblings or parents give additional points. For PNP, you need to check the individual PNP requirements.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Caddy123: 5:06am On Sep 05, 2020
Good morning all.
Pls, how can I show my relationship with my cousin whose father is my mom's brother?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 05, 2020
Arosam:
Hello everyone! Please can someone help me with the processes and the cost implications of requesting a transcript to be sent from Madonna to WES Canada.

What campus? You can either go to school and do it yourself or get a contact who can help you. You will be charged 50k for sending the transcript to Wes via DHL. They won't accept using etx but the process is still relatively fast compared to most universities. If your campus is okija, I may be able to provide a contact for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by crespo67: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Did I hear 9th attempt...wow..this is the definition of tenancity. This IELTS victory is as big as getting the PPR mail. So happy for you. Congrats on your ITA to come soon. All the best in your future proceedings..
seunfunmi99:
Just got my August 22, 2020 BC IELTS result. I can gladly say I will be sitting in the pool conveniently after my 9th attempt.
L- 8.5
R- 9
W- 7
S- 7.5

CRS now at 478.����������

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KikiJennifer7: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2020
Hi guys
Please I need some clarification
When filling the forms post ITA, there’s a section where they’ll ask if you’ve been denied Visa before.
In 2016 my spouse applied for a student visa in Canada but it was denied. Reason being that the Visa Officer wasn’t convinced he’d return back to Nigeria after studies.
My concern is this. Does this affect our application now in any way? Should we asides from the box they provided to state reasons include LOE? Would it also help the application if we can attach the correspondence btw him and the visa officer?
Pls I need advise
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2020
You are right, Thank you so much.
crespo67:
Did I hear 9th attempt...wow..this is the definition of tenancity. This IELTS victory is as big as getting the PPR mail. So happy for you. Congrats on your ITA to come soon. All the best in your future proceedings..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2020
Amen, thank you smiley
JustMellow:

Hello Seunfunmi99,

You're the real MVP. May Canada's soil be under your shoe soon.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2020
KikiJennifer7:
Hi guys
Please I need some clarification
When filling the forms post ITA, there’s a section where they’ll ask if you’ve been denied Visa before.
In 2016 my spouse applied for a student visa in Canada but it was denied. Reason being that the Visa Officer wasn’t convinced he’d return back to Nigeria after studies.
My concern is this. Does this affect our application now in any way? Should we asides from the box they provided to state reasons include LOE? Would it also help the application if we can attach the correspondence btw him and the visa officer?
Pls I need advise
Thanks

Doesn't affect your application in any way, no need for LOE. Just state the reason there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Not only drained, was very down at some point and I never took my eyes off the goal. Thank you so much.
Nacho4:

My goodness!!!...
I admire your resilience.
I would've beenn totally devastated and emotionally drained after my 4th attempt.

The worsening situation of this country can sha give one strength they didn't know they had.

Massive congrats!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.