Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,037 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1368496 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
gracechellar:
Hello, what do I do in a case where one of my employers just gives me a letterhead paper that doesn't state my duties and responsibilities?
your duties have to be stated..it's a requirement
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
ericmaestro:

your duties have to be stated..it's a requirement

I know that's why I am asking. Employee refused to state
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
gracechellar:

I know that's why I am asking. Employee refused to state
u just have to find a way to convince the employer to state your duties in your reference letter ...a reference letter that doesnt state ur duties and responsibilities wont suffice

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
What happened to this thread? It disappeared and in its place I saw a message stating the thread had either been hidden or removed. Strange.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CaptainAfrica: 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
gracechellar:
Hello, what do I do in a case where one of my employers just gives me a letterhead paper that doesn't state my duties and responsibilities?

You can get one of your supervisors in your office that you worked with to write a letter stating your duties and responsibilities and other missing details(if applicable), notarize it and join it together with the one that your office gave you. attach the supervisors business card as well if you have it. this should suffice.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by franzyod: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hi guys,

What can I do when my past employers refused to give reference letters? The both jobs were one man businesses and they have totally ignored my emails.

These reference letters are the only things holding me back now.

Please anyone who has been in this situation or knew someone who was, kindly let me know the way forward.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
Yes I did pay 9 times smiley
smartkester:

Wow, 9th attempt?, A big congrats to you, I love your persistence. Please, if I may ask, does it mean you paid 9 times for the IELTS, don't mind my question, I just want to be informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
Thank you
wale200:
Congrats.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
Thank you
Globc:
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2020

As seen
If your marital status changes at ANY time, you are required to inform IRCC immediately. If you don't and your application processes to the next stage, it shall amount to misrepresentation. The relationship status - 'Engaged' - is of no consequence to IRCC.

If you get married after receiving your ITA, you shall need to disclose your status when you submit your e-APR. In this case you need to be careful to check that your CRS score with your spouse (either accompanying or non-accompanying) does not fall below the minimum CRS score in your round of invitations. You shall need to submit PCC and Medicals for your Spouse.

If you get married after submitting your e-APR and inform IRCC via a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE), you shall still be required to submit the above documents for your spouse. IRCC shall ask you to upload them as an ADR and the processing of your application shall be delayed.

If you get married after landing, you shall need to take the Spousal Sponsorship route.

If you get married after submitting e-APR (is that e-application?), will your wife's profile still count towards your crs score and could you be denied if it falls way below the cut of for the round of invitations? At what point may you add your spouse without impacting your application?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunfunmi99: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
I really never had issues with listening and reading from the onset, so go to YouTube to find videos on tips for listening and reading I'm sure it will help but had with other two. So for speaking (i do stammer) I learnt to talk to my superior with more boldness so it helped my speaking; getting nothing below 7 for my last 4 attempts. The writing was the a major roadblock, I used some videos from *The Ielts Teacher* for part 2 and I prepared for part 1 using youtube videos from Liz, E2 language etc.
Had 7 in my last 3 attempt using the above but had hard luck in listening and reading respectively in my 2 attempts before acing it. I hope this helps. All the best to you.
ennygal:
Kindly assist me on tips you have used To ace this exam. This is my 4th attempt. Help pls!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Prudento:

If you get married after submitting e-APR (is that e-application?), will your wife's profile still count towards your crs score and could you be denied if it falls way below the cut of for the round of invitations? At what point may you add your spouse without impacting your application?

Thanks.

Answer to your question is YES.

Best time to add spouse is after you get AOR as points will not be affected. Raise CSE and add spouse providing the marriage happened after submission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by vitrendy4eva: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Guys please I need help. In a dilemma. Already booked medicals for Wednesday only to misplace my passport today(still searching for it. Pls does anyone have a contact at NIS Abuja that can fast track passport replacement process(possibly same day)? This is urgent plsssss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
franzyod:
Hi guys,

What can I do when my past employers refused to give reference letters? The both jobs were one man businesses and they have totally ignored my emails.

These reference letters are the only things holding me back now.

Please anyone who has been in this situation or knew someone who was, kindly let me know the way forward.

Did you get employment letters from them and are you in contact with any of your former colleagues or supervisor or HOD from there?

If yes, get one of them (Preferably one who still works there) to write you a reference Letter. Add thiS to employment letter and submit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
vitrendy4eva:
Guys please I need help. In a dilemma. Already booked medicals for Wednesday only to misplace my passport today(still searching for it. Pls does anyone have a contact at NIS Abuja that can fast track passport replacement process(possibly same day)? This is urgent plsssss.

I assume you can use a photocopy of your passport for medicals. I used mine in Qlife lagos. Maybe try using the photocopy for medicals then work on getting a new passport afterwards and then update your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blinkingbae: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
Silversurfer1:
What happened to this thread? It disappeared and in its place I saw a message stating the thread had either been hidden or removed. Strange.
yeah it disappeared
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allylic(f): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
lasignor:
Check @ielts4canada out on Instagram. They are pretty good and I think they are starting another tutorial session today. All the best.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
vitrendy4eva:
Pm me... you'll need your
1. National id slip
2. Police report
3. Court affidavit for lost passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by franzyod: 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dimple10:

Did you get employment letters from them and are you in contact with any of your former colleagues or supervisor or HOD from there?

If yes, get one of them (Preferably one who still works there) to write you a reference Letter. Add thiS to employment letter and submit.

I don't know anyone that works there. The business is more or less not functional again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by vitrendy4eva: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
Pm sent
elohim24:

Pm me... you'll need your
1. National id slip
2. Police report
3. Court affidavit for lost passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by vitrendy4eva: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ok thanks.
Dimple10:

I assume you can use a photocopy of your passport for medicals. I used mine in Qlife lagos. Maybe try using the photocopy for medicals then work on getting a new passport afterwards and then update your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
franzyod:

I don't know anyone that works there. The business is more or less not functional again.

Lobatan!!!

You may have to use employment letters as your only evidence and payslips or salary statements. Write LOE too.

I’m not sure, maybe seniors can chip in...ask @mamaroon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dimple10:

Answer to your question is YES.

Best time to add spouse is after you get AOR as points will not be affected. Raise CSE and add spouse providing the marriage happened after submission.

From my former application (trv), AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt?) usually comes a day or a few days after application. So, does that invariably mean once your application is received it is no longer impacted by spouse's profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
Prudento:

From my former application (trv), AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt?) usually comes a day or a few days after application. So, does that invariably mean once your application is received it is no longer impacted by spouse's profile?
express entry aor usually comes few minutes after submitting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
express entry aor usually comes few minutes after submitting.

does that invariably mean once your application is received it is no longer impacted by spouse's profile? As in them disqualifying you if your crs score drops?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Prudento:

does that invariably mean once your application is received it is no longer impacted by spouse's profile?
yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Prudento:

Yes!!!!

Adding spouse after AOR doesn’t have an effect on your crs points. People have mentioned it been done on previous parts of this thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
franzyod:

Dimple10:

Lobatan!!!

You may have to use employment letters as your only evidence and payslips or salary statements. Write LOE too.

You have said it all senior Dimple.

1.Gold Standard- ref letter in IRCC format signed by HR or supervisor on letter head

2.Next Best Thing - ref letter on plain paper signed by supervisor or colleague with business card/ID attached

Adding goals, appraisals, promotion letter, pay slips with LOE in the absence of 1 and 2 above is a gamble in my #PersonalOpinion. I also don't think affidavits are permitted. Someone just showed us his GCMS notes with review required, he did not submit his ref letter for some jobs.

You may also check this old post. The docs suggested may show you work in XYZ company but I'm not sure they show the duties performed:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/514#57264063

Go and look for any former owners, supervisors or colleagues would be my suggestion.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prudento: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dimple10:

Yes!!!!

Adding spouse after AOR doesn’t have an effect on your crs points. People have mentioned it been done on previous parts of this thread.

Oh, Okay. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Mamaroon:

You have said it all senior Dimple.

1.Gold Standard- ref letter in IRCC format signed by HR or supervisor on letter head

2.Next Best Thing - ref letter on plain paper signed by supervisor or colleague with business card/ID

Adding goals, appraisals, promotion letter, pay slips with LOE in the absence of 1 and 2 above is a gamble, #personalopinion. I also don't think affidavits are permitted. Someone just showed us his GCMS notes with review required, he did not submit his ref letter.

You may also check this old post, the docs suggested may show you work in XYZ company but I'm not sure they show the duties performed:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/514#57264063

Go and look for any former owners, supervisors or colleagues would be my suggestion.

Yaaay!!!! Mo ti di senior cheesy cheesy grin

Thank you!!!

franzyod:

See your options. Find a way around it, best to avoid ADR or something ontop Proof of employment.

Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by fadeofresh(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hey Guys,

Please share some dependable sites to order gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
fadeofresh:
Hey Guys,

Please share some dependable sites to order gcms notes?

https://myimmitracker.com/

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.