Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358774 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rhuth:

Yeah, but the EE system is giving me points for 3 years nah
How is this possible?
That's how the system is, when it is 2 or 3 months to 3 years, it would be calculated as 3 years.

If ITA is gotten within this period, you won't submit until after 3 years is actually completed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
olalekan9320:
That's how the system is, when it is 2 or 3 months to 3 years, it would be calculated as 3 years.

If ITA is gotten within this period, you won't submit until after 3 years is actually completed.
But I thought the information you enter suppose to be accurate before you enter the pool as that would be the basis of one getting ITA?
Why then would the system calculate it as 3 years based on the details I inputted before ITA, only for me to then wait till it gets to 3 before submitting my application post ITA?
So if I get ITA now, I have to wait till March to submit, is that it?
I'm confused pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ladykilllar: 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Good evening guys,

I have a friend who got her ECA reevaluated after WES acknowledged an error so she got the revised evaluation.

When filling the form in IRCC is she to use the old date sent or the newly revised date?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Agbeni33: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
ednut1:
same person affidavit.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Agbeni33: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
MissMa01:

Maybe one and same affidavit might work. It’s just your middle name missing

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rhuth:

But I thought the information you enter suppose to be accurate before you enter the pool as that would be the basis of one getting ITA?
Why then would the system calculate it as 3 years based on the details I inputted before ITA, only for me to then wait till it gets to 3 before submitting my application post ITA?
I'm confused pls
yes there is a system error. But visa officer doesn't care about that. He will use the dates in the reference letter to compute. Best thing is to adjust your profile (e.g edit one ielts score to 6.5 or delete one of the experience for now ) so you wont score up to 470s or keep declining ITA till march( denying someone else ITA somewhere)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
ednut1:
yes there is a system error. But visa officer doesn't care about that. He will use the dates in the reference letter to compute. Best thing is to adjust your profile (e.g edit one ielts score to 6.5 or delete one of the experience for now ) so you wont score up to 470s or keep declining ITA till march( denying someone else ITA somewhere)
Thank you
But how about the NYSC part of May 2015 to May 2016 (on certificate)? Is it 12 or 13 months?
It's quite confusing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
MissMa01:

PR application is treated on a case by case basis. Even if everyone on this platform will tell you they mentioned 19800 on their reference letter , you may or may not have the same outcome.
Honestly, if that’s the work experience you need to complete 3years you just have to try and take a leap of faith.
To answer your question, I know lots of people who used NYSC and also the 19800 on their letter and currently in Canada and we have also seen cases where the VO questioned it.
Just follow your heart.

Uhmm okay thanks for the advice, I'm simply stating it then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lastly how do I state my pay to equate the twelve months pay in my reference letter bekaux our first pay was at camp and given cash not bank transfer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

Please read in between the lines and make reference to the tweet below by IRCC

https://mobile.twitter.com/IAmFahadS/status/966655935245627392

Listen when you are being corrected.
At post-AOR stage, no recalculation of score. Recalculation happens at pre-ITA.
Don’t argue, just take it that way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sirabbey(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Loverquin:
Good day Fam,

Please I am writing on behalf of my brother-inlaw who has been in the pool for sometime as a single applicant but just recently got married last month and would like to add his spouse to his profile.

The issue is he doesn't know if he should use her maiden name ( which is what is in her int'l passport) or use the new surname (her husband's surname) ?

Please house kindly help in clarifying this issue. Will appreciate your responses.

He should use the name on her international passport (Maiden Name) until she has another passport done in her married name, that is the name you are expected to use.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jacknn:
Lastly how do I state my pay to equate the twelve months pay in my reference letter bekaux our first pay was at camp and given cash not bank transfer
Write a letter of explanation if you’re uncomfortable BECAUSE it may or may not be necessary you were paid in cash if not asked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jacknn:

Reach out to your HR or Line Manager, tell them what you want and depending on the relationship , what you need will be handled.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Danbam(m): 12:07am On Jan 18, 2021
ABSTRUSE:

Listen when you are being corrected.
At post-AOR stage, no recalculation of score. Recalculation happens at pre-ITA.
Don’t argue, just take it that way.
Do you guys read at all or just interested in giving a response ?
If the IRCC tweet mentioned nothing about age, didnt it clearly state the scores will be recalculated on addition of spouse (or changing spouse to accompanying).
Please stop quoting me if you can’t read. If you or anyone is in the situation, do whatever you want
I don’t have energy for this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Michealoladapo1(m): 12:16am On Jan 18, 2021
Good evening all,

Your professional and experienced advice is needed here urgently... I would be 35yrs dis month I just discovered last yr my bsc of almost 10yrs isn’t genuine the foreign school was not accredited but my wife has her 1st degrees and masters her age 34yrs next month about to write ielts .
Should I apply for a study visa or we apply through express entry? Wch option is better for us pls?

Dapo ajibade
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Midapat(f): 1:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Rhuth:

I'm confused pls

Gather all documents and submit it in March.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 3:06am On Jan 18, 2021
Danbam:

Do you guys read at all or just interested in giving a response ?
If the IRCC tweet mentioned nothing about age, didnt it clearly state the scores will be recalculated on addition of spouse (or changing spouse to accompanying).
Please stop quoting me if you can’t read. If you or anyone is in the situation, do whatever you want
I don’t have energy for this.

You are misleading others and that’s why we are quoting you. Delete this and learn.

For the sake of emphasis, after you have submitted your application for PR (post-AOR) and you get married at this stage, your score is not recalculated. Please ignore any info to the contrary. All you need do is inform the IRCC with evidence and you are good.

If your marriage is conducted at any time before you submit your application for PR (post-ITA but before post-AOR), this is where your score would be recalculated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solomonray(m): 5:55am On Jan 18, 2021
I presently work as a customer service officer, this falls under noc C which is not useful for express entry. Hence why i used the former work which starts in 2013 till 2016. And that's how it is on my profile. Question is won't this be a problem? Won't they ask me why I didn't include what i have been doing since 2016? Another question is can I still add it to my EE profile?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solomonray(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2021
The job I'm presently doing falls under category C, but the one i did before falls under A. Do i need to add the current one in my EE profile in addition to the former one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onebase79(m): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2021
For lawyers looking for alternative to iqas, here's proof that CES evaluates a law degree as a professional qualification. I saw it in a group I belong to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nickvanilla(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2021
benatokwu:
Please who knows whether Etx.ng are still processing transcripts for WES?

Which school?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2021
Denerystormborn:
My people please help me with this

You should address the letter to OINP. You can get their address on the internet.

I am October 15th NOI, so I am talking from experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 55emem55: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys. please I have a very important question.
My HR manager is giving me a reference letter but without my job duties. Can I get my line manager to put my duties on a plain paper and sign? So I'll upload both letters? Is this feasible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lagoscooldude: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2021
God abeg FSW draw this week o. This 470 must not waste o embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2021
55emem55:
My HR manager is giving me a reference letter but without my job duties. Can I get my line manager to put my duties on a plain paper and sign? So I'll upload both letters? Is this feasible?
Can you plead with your HR? Offer to buy lunch if need be or ask your line manager to speak to HR? The last time I checked , HR support functions and technically he/she should come through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 55emem55: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
MissMa01:

Can you plead with your HR? Offer to buy lunch if need be or ask your line manager to speak to HR? The last time I checked , HR support functions and technically he/she should come through.
Lol its hard. They said I should use my resume for that. Even my Oga sef is saying I should use my resume. I am really at crossroads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
55emem55:

maybe try this:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/162#95573800

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
55emem55:

Lol its hard. They said I should use my resume for that. Even my Oga sef is saying I should use my resume. I am really at crossroads.
Sorry about that. You can have your supervisor write it on plain paper. Maybe include the email response that your HR declined.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by YesLadyN: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hi guys,

Just to be sure, I’m to submit an affidavit because the name on my birth certificate is different from that all other subsequent docs. Question is, do I need to notarize the affidavit for the affirmation of my names which already has a commissioner of oaths stamp for the high court?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ka59: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hi all,
A child born in the USA , has US passport, does not reside in the USA (but resides in Nigeria), has Nigerian passport as well, will the child be termed as a permananet resident of USA ?
Asking because I saw this question
Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registeration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
In this situation will it be YES or NO?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by zorodninja(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hello House.Please I once saw on this platform a post by someone/Company stating they buy household items from relocating families.If any one has such link,kindly share.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.