Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,292 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1365787 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stencil: 6:12am On Jan 17, 2021
1. You can get a same name/person affidavit
2. This can easily be done in the UK. A quick google search shows it's quite "inexpensive" too

Daboll:
Please I’m still looking for a response for this please.
Hi, please I'll appreciate clarification regarding my application. My name as stated on my passport is Steven Oluwaseun Popoola, but on some of my documents, it's only Steven Popoola
1) Please will an LOE suffice for this or I have to do an affidavit?
2) I live in UK, is it possible to do an affidavit from Nigeria and get it scanned or it has to be from UK?
I'll appreciate your response please. Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stencil: 6:15am On Jan 17, 2021
If she has legally changed her name. Use her current legal name, whatever her passport says.

Loverquin:
Good day Fam,
Please I am writing on behalf of my brother-inlaw who has been in the pool for sometime as a single applicant but just recently got married last month and would like to add his spouse to his profile.
The issue is he doesn't know if he should use her maiden name ( which is what is in her int'l passport) or use the new surname (her husband's surname) ?
Please house kindly help in clarifying this issue. Will appreciate your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ArcFresky(m): 6:29am On Jan 17, 2021
Stencil:
If you get married and add a spouse Post AOR, your scores would not be recalculated.
Since your score would be unaffected, I would suggest adding the spouse as accompanying.

Thanks for this.
Accompanying will require increase in pof, ielts and Wes, inckuding additional processing times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2021
ArcFresky:

Thanks for this.
Accompanying will require increase in pof, ielts and Wes, inckuding additional processing times.
You might want to read more on accompanying spouse. A spouse can be non-accompanying not a gf.

Even with non-accompanying spouse, you will have to cover their POF, though ielts and Wes won't be needed if you add post-aor

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ArcFresky(m): 6:42am On Jan 17, 2021
olalekan9320:

You might want to read more on accompanying spouse. A spouse can be non-accompanying not a gf.

Even with non-accompanying spouse, you will have to cover their POF, though ielts and Wes won't be needed if you add post-aor

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Danbam(m): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2021
Stencil:
If you get married and add a spouse Post AOR, your scores would not be recalculated.
Since your score would be unaffected, I would suggest adding the spouse as accompanying.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Francieuche: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

This is not true @arcfresky
According to IRCC, If you want to add a spouse post AOR, You’ll need to use the CRS tool to recalculate your points to be sure it’s above the ITA minimum score of your round. For instance, If the CRS Cutoff score that got you an ITA is 461 and after adding your spouse, your CRS falls to 459, you’ll lose the ITA.
So think of it well before adding spouse.
The alternative is to apply for spousal sponsorship.
Don't say what you don't know
Its if you are married before ITA you add spouse score drops if your spouse points dont boost yours if not he is good to go

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ArcFresky(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

According to IRCC, If you want to add a spouse post AOR, You’ll need to use the CRS tool to recalculate your points to be sure it’s above the ITA minimum score of your round. For instance, If the CRS Cutoff score that got you an ITA is 461 and after adding your spouse, your CRS falls to 459, you’ll lose the ITA.

I agree with you.
Because it is even stated clearly in the CRS calculations website.

However I am not clear if changes in age will affect CRS score post AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Danbam(m): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2021
ArcFresky:

I agree with you.
Because it is even stated clearly in the CRS calculations website.

I’m not sure about the change in age. However, since changes post ITA (like adding a spouse etc), will result in recalculating CRS, I presume age may also lead to recalculation, especially when you’ve celebrated your birthday post ITA

https://mobile.twitter.com/IAmFahadS/status/966655935245627392
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Danbam(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2021
Francieuche:

Don't say what you don't know
Its if you are married before ITA you add spouse score drops if your spouse points dont boost yours if not he is good to go

Please read in between the lines and make reference to the tweet below by IRCC

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

She's right and you are wrong. Adding spouse after AOR is different from changing a spouse you already married from non-accompanying to accompanying. Read the twitter link you dropped again.

This thing no concern me sef cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 8:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

I’m not sure about the change in age. However, since changes post ITA (like adding a spouse etc), will result in recalculating CRS, I presume age may also lead to recalculation, especially when you’ve celebrated your birthday post ITA

increase in age, post ITA doesn't mean anything even though it would be noted in the gcms
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2021
ArcFresky:

See this post and IRCC link about age from IRCC.

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/655#91819960
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 17, 2021
shadama:

Did this and it worked, God bless you.

Now I noticed that in my husband's personal history I forgot to mention his NYSC year. I can't even understand how that happened. NYSC overlapped with something else, so after I put that I guess I kind of forgot about it.
Is it necessary to raise a webform to correct this mistake? It's mentioned on his LinkedIn profile.
Anyone with any knowledge/experience regarding this, pls advise

Yes, please do what is above in bold red font....that's what I would do if it were me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2021
Somenachi:
Hello house,

Please is attaching a copy of the CAC registration of the firm I worked and also notarising my Reference letter doing too much? grin .

Please seniors . Thank you all
Too much.... your reference letter and maybe payslips is all IRCC is asking for
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mzstacie: 9:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Please who can tell me how to get to Qlife clinic from Berger pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
ArcFresky:
Hello house, will there be a delay if I get married and add my gf as a non-accompaning?

Only IRCC knows for sure how long an application will take to be approved. Popular opinion was that adding spouse post AOR (meaning AFTER you have received ITA AND submitted your PR application) may cause a file to be transferred to Accra VO and lead to delays. I have not seen any stories where unaccompanying applicants experienced longer timelines.

You can only have an unaccompanying spouse/common law partner....not a gf, as far as I know.

1. If you do not marry before you receive ITA, then you are considered single.

2. If you marry after ITA but before AOR, you will be required to update your correct status on your eAPR......your CRS will be recalculated.

3. If you marry before ITA and spouse is accompanying then like you said spouse ECA and IELTS would boost your CRS.

4. If you marry before ITA and spouse is unaccompanying, CRS will be calculated as though you had no spouse. Also, you also be asked to provide a reason why your spouse is unaccompanying....be ready with your answer.

5. If you marry after AOR, then spouse has NO impact on your CRS. Pls read IRCC link below for details on adding spouse AFTER submitting AOR........CRS should NOT be recalculated provided you actually get married after AOR (not tjhat you got married before AOR but told IRCC about it after AOR). Also see screenshot below.

Regardless of whether spouse is unaccompanying or not you still need to have POF to cover them, do medicals and PCC for them. Read page one and the links there for more details.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2021
Good people,

I would strongly advise everyone to read IRCC websites thoroughly so that you are not swayed but the opinions of others. I have heard about people who missed chances, or omitted something or added something they ought not to their application because "somebody said". It's great to get opinions from others but please please please always cross check with IRCC websites (not twitter account sef grin).

Also read page 1 and the links labelled "HERE".....almost all (not all) the questions being asked are covered there.

Also searching NL (limit your search to travel section) brings up responses to some queries.

All the best to everyone!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2021
JudiTee:

No it won’t.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Somenachi: 10:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Thank you very much.

Stencil:
1. You can get a same name/person affidavit
2. This can easily be done in the UK. A quick google search shows it's quite "inexpensive" too

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 17, 2021
Do I have to explain multiple money deposits made from my savings account in another bank to the bank account I want to use for POF?

Do I have to explain it or should I keep mute about it? There are 300k, 200k, 250k, etc deposits made over a week and some days.

Please, anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 10:29am On Jan 17, 2021
Mzstacie:
Please who can tell me how to get to Qlife clinic from Berger pls.

From berger, take BRT to TBS, then bus or anything to eko hotel, from there take korope to sinari/moshood ( not sure of the name) bus-stop, walk down the street, voilà, you're at qlife.

If you're driving or uber, follow the map

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayinke93(f): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Danbam:

Stop saying the wrong things with confidence. Your age is locked post AOR, and adding a spouse post AOR only requires increased POF. Stop miseducating people.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2021
olalekan9320:

From berger, take BRT to TBS, then bus or anything to eko hotel, from there take korope to sinari/moshood ( not sure of the name) bus-stop, walk down the street, voilà, you're at qlife.

What is korope?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 10:53am On Jan 17, 2021
MissMa01:

What is korope?
A mini-bus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2021
Ayinke93:

Stop saying the wrong things with confidence. Your age is locked post AOR, and adding a spouse post AOR only requires increased POF. Stop miseducating people.
But he/she clearly said “I’m not sure”. Besides, you technically just gave wrong information because POF isn’t the only thing that is required. You omitted PCC, medicals , application fees , etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2021
olalekan9320:
A mini-bus
Oh seen...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Please who knows whether Etx.ng are still processing transcripts for WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Amorprincesa24: 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sorry to bother you all. Please i have an issue. I have already submitted my application for WES and then i realised that on my Master's degree statement of result, the year awarded is showing 2019. But i graduated in 2016. There was issues in the department which delayed approval of the result. That means i can't claim 3years working experience in Express entry.

My question, is there anyway i can edit my profile to add my Bachelor Degree? I have searched my profile can't
seem to find an option for that.

Please house help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mzstacie: 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
olalekan9320:

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loverquin: 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
Stencil:
If she has legally changed her name. Use her current legal name, whatever her passport says.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loverquin: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Thank you so much
ednut1:
passport name is her name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.