Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,328 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1368084 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GBSS: 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Eraytee:
Congratulations to you and family, the long wait is over. may the new land favor you.. honestly i thought you have landed in canny.. i remember you wella. To God alone be the glory grin grin

Hmmmm... We thank God o... I was hear all the while. Accra has a way of giving you "humbility"...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dennyjuff: 12:37am On Jan 23, 2021
So glad he has gotten his passport back. Na wa
Miredo:
Please guys I need your help. Someone in my group got his PPR and sent his passport to Accra and for over 10 months hasn't received his passport back. We have been trying to find solutions to the problem and he decided to make a Twitter post. But he needs to gain traction.
All you have to do is click on the link and retweet, so the right people can see it.

With his permission, I'm sharing his story below and the link, so you can help in any way:

https://twitter.com/weirdsourcer/status/1348711487930572803?s=19

Hello guys, please I need your help to get the attention of the Canadian visa office in canada accra VO has refused to return my passport since they stamped my passport in September, they have withheld my travel document for 11 months now. Let me first drop my details before my story.

Name: Weird Sourcer
ITA: September 2019
AOR: October 15 2019
BIL: November 1 2019
Additional Family information: January 14 2020
PPR: March 16 2020
CoPR and Visa stamping: September 22 2020
Date of Travel: within a week of returning my passport
Province of Landing: Ontario
Intended Job: supply chain Analyst/manager

Not yet collected my passport.

So my story, I got my PPR in March just before the lockdown so I quickly went to Lagos to submit my passport on March 16, I think the lockdown was effected on March 22 so I didn't hear anything from the visa office, however VFS said they had not received my passport.

Fast forward September 22, I got the usual application portal notification to check my page, I was very happy when I found that my passport has been stamped. So, I quickly paid courier service to VFS Lagos as they had advised on their webpage.

However, a month later, October around 22 to 25, I got a call from the Accra VO telling me that my passport is still with them and that do I know I won't be able to travel to Canada, and I responded in the affirmation but that I would love to have my passport back because I had been missing opportunities because I didn't have access to my passport. And even, my visa will expire in March

Since then, I've tried to call their number to no avail
It will just drop, the ton ton sound, without connecting. My emails also was not responded to. My passport has been with them for 10 months now, more than 3 months after visa stamping.

I requested for GCMS on January 2.

Kindly help if you know anything I can do to make this end. Kindly share and tag anyone you think can advance the resolution of my case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jprince93: 1:10am On Jan 23, 2021
Seniors in the house, please I need study materials towards the upcoming BCS examination. Any help is highly appreciated.
Email => okaforjudechukwuebuka@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodskills: 1:53am On Jan 23, 2021
MissMa01:

HIV isn’t included

oh really thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 23, 2021
nymphomaniac:
how many have branch In Canada? How many be willing to help their employee get a better life in Canada. Let’s be using our head abeg. Highly unlikely!

Have you forgotten there are churches with Canadian branches which can also be used, that is what I know Nigerians to establish unlike the Indians and Chinese who establish industries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by senoraaquila(f): 5:31am On Jan 23, 2021
At last! Thank God. The escalation worked
Dennyjuff:
So glad he has gotten his passport back. Na wa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2021
Please can you send me your IELTS study materials

Lexy123:
Late PPR announcement but really better late than never. Very long post alert!!!

ITA 496 - July 2020 (Cant remember the date but it was the first all program draw after covid drama)
AOR - August 8 2020
Biometric - Sept 2oish dont really remember
PPR - Nov 18
Vfs returned passport - Jan 22 2021 (run from vfs lagos abeg)

Background

Started japa plans since 2018 but never took it seriously. I glanced through nairaland that period and decided to start with IQAS. Did that and the evaluation came in Feb of 2019. But by then I was more interested in traveling to UK. I sat down with uk visiting thread (I can give Justwise a big kiss here). It was so self explanatory and easy to do I was like haaaaa.. Bear in mind I already had 2 UK refusals before I stumbled on the thread. But I get coconut head I said the 3rd time would be the charm. I sat down with that nairaland thread and did the visa by myself. Visa came out, I travelled and came back.

Over confidence was worrying me and I decided to apply for Canada visit also immediately I got the UK visa. Canada bounced me and said family ties in canada bla bla bla. I said no wahala, I would come back from UK and reapply. Then almighty covid happened. Lockdown ensued.

My sis called me one day during lockdown and said oya go and continue your canada pr. That's how I registered for MOD in May. Wrote it after lockdown and had 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5. Used ielts liz, a bit of Jay, cambridge 1-13 and youtube videos on listening. Dived into the pool and got ITA.

Got reference letter from my present and previous place of employment to make up 3 years. Sent bi-weekly whatsapp msgs to my previous boss to ensure I was fresh in his mind incase ircc called. Before village ppl would want to take control. Important to note that I was paid cash here and I worked here for over 2 years. I just stated it in the reference letter that I was paid cash das all. I didn't do cash certificate. It felt like I would be trying too hard if I added that. At the end of the day it's whatever makes you sleep at night.

I had 3 separate pair of eyes look at my application. I looked at it from the point of view of the VO also.

Saved up majority of my proof of funds and got the rest from my dearest mama.

After biometrics, the plan was to request for gcms every month (wetin consine agbero with overload). I would disturb then until they answer me. Lo and behold, first gcms in October showed everything passed, security not yet started. I started dancing. I knew it was about to go down. I sha have not committed any crime.

Nov 18 golden mail arrived and vfs lagos started their drama.

This thread is a treasure trove and for the newbies I beg of you read page 1. Everything you need is there. Almost somebody has passed through whatever questions you have and you will definitely find your answers there. I learnt by force by fire when I sent DM and nobody will respond. I kuku respected myself and found my way to page 1.

Justwise is the real MVP. Also all the selfless people who answer question here, I doff my cap to you. Did the whole process from begining to end without any agent help

See y'all in cannyland soon!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2021
enesty:
Please can you send me your IELTS study materials, fredblink2003@gmail.com

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isyomar(f): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2021
Good morning guys. Please I really need help with this question. I just realized that it was the
Wes old address I sent to my school for my certificate evaluation. I hope this won't be a problem? If it is, what do I do to rectify it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Guest911: 8:09am On Jan 23, 2021
isyomar:
Good morning guys. Please I really need help with this question. I just realized that it was the
Wes old address I sent to my school for my certificate evaluation. I hope this won't be a problem? If it is, what do I do to rectify it. Thanks
Happened to me, I reached out and they responded that I shouldn’t worry that the documents would be redirected to new address.

So my evaluation is in progress now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isyomar(f): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Thank you so much for the prompt response.

Guest911:

Happened to me, I reached out and they responded that I shouldn’t worry that the documents would be redirected to new address.

So my evaluation is in progress now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2021
You can leave it blank or put N/A in all. However most people I know with no kids left it all blank.

Ifeoma33:
thank you, I just want to know how to fill the family information form. Do I put not applicable on the name part that don't àpply to me òr I put not applicable on every box

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isyomar(f): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Please guys, I would really love to know what to do next and also what options I can use to japa.

My IELTS results came back yesterday and it was S/L/R/W 7.5/6.0/6.5/6.5 overall 6.5.
I am a 37 years old single lady with 10 years working experience.
I have an uncle in manitoba that is sponsoring me in the relocation. And he also can get me a job offer.

What are my chances please and for the test, do I write another ielts? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bigbrochus: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Good Morning seniors in the house

Can my bank statement and pension funds reference/statement suffix for payslip as a supporting document as my annual salary was not captured in my reference??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ijliz: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2021
Hello everyone.

Please anyone with materials for BCS, I plan on taking the exams for May. Also, those planning on taking BCS this May, can we all link up so we study together, share ideas and materials?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2021
ABSTRUSE:

Okay. CES not ICES.
You said ICES; two different bodies.
Lol.. How is it me that said so bro/sis? Pls check the person you quoted initially. I only helped answer by tagging your query with @Ebuncrown's post to clarify which between ICES and CES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daboll: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations, May Canada Favor you greatly. Amen
Lexy123:
Late PPR announcement but really better late than never. Very long post alert!!!

ITA 496 - July 2020 (Cant remember the date but it was the first all program draw after covid drama)
AOR - August 8 2020
Biometric - Sept 2oish dont really remember
PPR - Nov 18
Vfs returned passport - Jan 22 2021 (run from vfs lagos abeg)

Background

Started japa plans since 2018 but never took it seriously. I glanced through nairaland that period and decided to start with IQAS. Did that and the evaluation came in Feb of 2019. But by then I was more interested in traveling to UK. I sat down with uk visiting thread (I can give Justwise a big kiss here). It was so self explanatory and easy to do I was like haaaaa.. Bear in mind I already had 2 UK refusals before I stumbled on the thread. But I get coconut head I said the 3rd time would be the charm. I sat down with that nairaland thread and did the visa by myself. Visa came out, I travelled and came back.

Over confidence was worrying me and I decided to apply for Canada visit also immediately I got the UK visa. Canada bounced me and said family ties in canada bla bla bla. I said no wahala, I would come back from UK and reapply. Then almighty covid happened. Lockdown ensued.

My sis called me one day during lockdown and said oya go and continue your canada pr. That's how I registered for MOD in May. Wrote it after lockdown and had 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5. Used ielts liz, a bit of Jay, cambridge 1-13 and youtube videos on listening. Dived into the pool and got ITA.

Got reference letter from my present and previous place of employment to make up 3 years. Sent bi-weekly whatsapp msgs to my previous boss to ensure I was fresh in his mind incase ircc called. Before village ppl would want to take control. Important to note that I was paid cash here and I worked here for over 2 years. I just stated it in the reference letter that I was paid cash das all. I didn't do cash certificate. It felt like I would be trying too hard if I added that. At the end of the day it's whatever makes you sleep at night.

I had 3 separate pair of eyes look at my application. I looked at it from the point of view of the VO also.

Saved up majority of my proof of funds and got the rest from my dearest mama.

After biometrics, the plan was to request for gcms every month (wetin consine agbero with overload). I would disturb then until they answer me. Lo and behold, first gcms in October showed everything passed, security not yet started. I started dancing. I knew it was about to go down. I sha have not committed any crime.

Nov 18 golden mail arrived and vfs lagos started their drama.

This thread is a treasure trove and for the newbies I beg of you read page 1. Everything you need is there. Almost somebody has passed through whatever questions you have and you will definitely find your answers there. I learnt by force by fire when I sent DM and nobody will respond. I kuku respected myself and found my way to page 1.

Justwise is the real MVP. Also all the selfless people who answer question here, I doff my cap to you. Did the whole process from begining to end without any agent help

See y'all in cannyland soon!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solomonray(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2021
Please it seems i have same issue you had relating to work and study. I've sent a mail to you. Pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmaomotob(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2021
Ebuncrown:
Dear Lawyers,

CES evaluated my LLB as a PROFESSIONAL DEGREE.

So I started my evaluation January 2020 because IQAS was on a break and I don’t have a masters. I called CES to ask how they evaluate LLB and I wasn’t given any conclusive answer and was asked to make my application. I decided to go with CES since WES and LLB are enemies.

I paid 420CAD to evaluate both LLB and BL degree so I as to get points for 2 or more degrees. My application was submitted January 8th, transcript received February 24th and then COVID happened. I totally forgot about the application and started the process all over with IQAS. Finally scaled through transcript phase but “fortunately” I haven’t been able to pay for IQAS due to the daily limit and dollar limit issue.( which is now a blessing ��)

November 10th, CES sent me a mail saying they can’t assess my BL as it was outside their scope of evaluation and my 210CAD would be refunded within 2 weeks. It is was refunded 3days later.

I got the email with a soft copy of my evaluation and First professional degree in Law was staring right at me. So it was worth the wait. If you are patient enough and IQAS is wasting your time, you can go ahead evaluate your LLB degree with CES.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU MA. I SAW THIS POST ON YOUR SUCCESS AND HAD IT FORWARDED TO MY SISTER WHO IS ALSO A LAW GRADUATE PLANNING TO MOVE TO CANADA. SHE SAID THAT SHE IS DELIGHTED IN YOUR SUCCESS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF BOTH OF YOU CAN COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL. I HAVE SENT AN EMAIL REQUEST TO YOU MA AND I WILL BE HUMBLED TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANK YOU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Lol.. How is it me that said so bro/sis? Pls check the person you quoted initially. I only helped answer by tagging your query with @ebuncrown's post to clarify which between ICES and CES.

Lol. Forgive and forget, bro.
E be like say na this PPR wey I never see dey affect me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solomonray(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2021
Good day to the gurus. Please i have a question- the work experience i claim is 3years, during which i also did my masters full time. I hope there won't be any issue.? Please help shed more light and what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2021
grin
I see indeed!

ABSTRUSE:

Lol. Forgive and forget, bro.
E be like say na this PPR wey I never see dey affect me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
Good afternoon all..pls I want to register for the ciin exam for the April diet but I have not been able to reach them as their number is not connecting and they are not responding to mails..is there anyone here who's also taking the exam?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
isyomar:
Please guys, I would really love to know what to do next and also what options I can use to japa.

My IELTS results came back yesterday and it was S/L/R/W 7.5/6.0/6.5/6.5 overall 6.5.
I have an uncle in manitoba that is sponsoring me in the relocation. And he also can get me a job offer.

what exactly are you apply for Manitoba pnp or express entry. For the job offer what processes has he started and hope no be only mouth o. Check if you score up to 67/100 or else you need to redo ielts for express entry. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by babajust: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
My result for 9th January (General)

L 7.5
R 8
W 7
S 7.5

What’s the possibility of getting an upgrade if I remark the listening? I believe I should score better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eraytee: 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
sorry for the 0.5 short in listening, the possibility of getting an upgrade is low, listening and reading are objectives. dont dash them that remark fee, you are not far from getting it right. do more practice you'll blast it in your next try. all the best

babajust:

L 7.5
R 8
W 7
S 7.5

What’s the possibility of getting an upgrade if I remark the listening? I believe I should score better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
isyomar:

With 10years experience, you can explore the option of SINP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2021
babajust:

L 7.5
R 8
W 7
S 7.5

Yes, you can score higher. The chances of getting a new score after remarking in Listening is low. Save your 15k and do it again, this time, it will come out better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Midex88(m): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
MissMa01:

With 10years experience, you can explore the option of SINP.
With SINP, you must have your POF intact for 90 days before receiving EOI. People should note this!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
solomonray:
Good day to the gurus. Please i have a question- the work experience i claim is 3years, during which i also did my masters full time. I hope there won't be any issue.? Please help shed more light and what to do.
If you are refering to msc interposing with one or some years of working experience that you are claiming points for, then there is no issue.
Msc is a PGD programme, so you can work while studying. After all, a paid internship during school with proof, can be used to claim experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.