Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1365070 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by FaderoyaI: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Did you go to Law schoolimmediately after University?
RetiredAdult:

This is the point i have been trying to make all along. And now, to my original question, is there anyway to go about claiming three years work experience? Like for example, claiming to have been doing a part time job while in law school. Has anyone ever tried this route, did it work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by alnino94(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
how do I go about tailoring in Canada, I want to relocate from Nigeria to Canada and still continue on my skill (sewing)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Bro/sis, if you don't have up to 3years experience it means you don't have up to 3years. No one will openly come out to tell you they manufactured job experience out of nowhere as it is against the rules of IRCC. Moreso, no 2 cases are ever processed the same way. So some might have done it in the past and gotten away with it while some might have not been that lucky.

If you're desparate to earn those job experience points you're talking about and you know a supposed "smarter" way out then it should entirely be your decision to give it a try, not anyone in a quite popular and open group like this where VOs could comb for trends.

My advice though is don't try something that will most likely jeopardise your ambition to relocate to Canada. Some will merely get those points deducted on the basis of the VO's inability to verify the job experience(s) in question and sometimes end up with just rejection. Others who are however caught red-handed to have purposely misrepresented information they supplied often get slammed with years of ban from anything Canada Immigration.

Try and explore other legit sources of getting points such as maxing out IELTS and learning French. Utilise this time of waiting for FSW draws resumption to achieve those. Page 1 will offer better explanation on the entire process than I can ever do.

Thank you for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Abdomox:

There's no way around it. You can't be in full-time program and still be working full-time.

Advice: Write IELTS and stay in the pool while you garner more experiences to have 3 or more years.

FSW score might drop when it returns. So don't wait to have 3 years experience before creating EE profile.

Noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
FaderoyaI:
Did you go to Law schoolimmediately after University?

Yes I did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
EsoEso:
Although my first Ielts in February was a mess, I got my WES ECA report yesterday even in the midst of covid lockdown and NASU strike in 4 months. A proffesional degree and less than 30 yrs of age.
As someone once said in this thread, you have to celebrate every step in this journey. God's grace I will conquer ielts. God be praised.

What degree did you evaluate with WES? LLB?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
RetiredAdult:

This is the point i have been trying to make all along. And now, to my original question, is there anyway to go about claiming three years work experience? Like for example, claiming to have been doing a part time job while in law school. Has anyone ever tried this route, did it work?

Student work experience:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#minimum

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Abdomox:

You should see a "transmit" option.

Check again.
Seen thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by pato405(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
Sorry pls, 'v been trying to find answers to this online, but answers seem conflicting:

Does Alberta PNP require a job offer?
Seems only PEI & Nova Scotia doesn't require a job offer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Thinktay: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Rhodia:

Hi, Urielbam
Goodmorning, nice to meet a fellow PH/Canadian cheesy
Where is PH are you please?

Hi Rhoda, kindly check your email. I as well live in PH, Golf Estate to be precise. Pls let’s connect. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by barby008: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
Please how long did your Msc take to finish?
specialguest:

Update to my Enquiry for those who graduated from NOUN.
WES evaluated my MSc as a Canadian equivalent of a Masters degree and I have received the soft copy.
And I did not need to physically visit NOUN to request for transcript nor did I pay anyone to facilitate. Every thing was done online.
Transcript was sent exactly 9 days after I paid online without any external intervention.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealVictor: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Ikepooni:

As you have been advised. Upload a colored scan of your MSC certificate. Don’t bother about the BSc. They won’t evaluate it. They will treat only your Msc as soon as you send the certificate. I made the same mistake as you, putting my bsc and msc but as soon as they received and verified my Msc documents my evaluation was finalized even without sending all my bsc documents. I was delayed by my undergrad school and was busy hustling to get the transcript as I had submitted my statement of result/certificate for the bsc. but I received my complete evaluation soon after. A friend of mine also had the same experience. You don’t need to message them to remove it but if it’ll make you sleep better at night go ahead and message them.

So does this means that they send you an evaluation report after evaluating your msc and another report after evaluating your bsc??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:20am On Apr 19, 2021
pato405:
Sorry pls, 'v been trying to find answers to this online, but answers seem conflicting:

Does Alberta PNP require a job offer?
Seems only PEI & Nova Scotia doesn't require a job offer
Alberta pnp is closed to outsiders since last year. Only those in Alberta qualify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Saynoomore: 2:48am On Apr 19, 2021
smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 19, 2021
Saynoomore:
Hi all, I have a few qstns
Please with a 6months visit visa, how can I best maximize opportunities for a PR? Can I start a 1yr MSc afterwards and then apply for international graduate route, or get a job, and apply for Canadian experience class? Any guidance for a legit move will be appreciated
canada wont even give you visit visa in the first place. Apply for student visa from here or pr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oniwoski: 4:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Hello gurus...

Pls do I have to evaluate HND and OND seperately. Since Wes says submit highest degree should I send just my HND.?

Pls help its urgent as i am filling the for now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 8:37am On Apr 19, 2021
You need both to claim points for 2 or more degrees, which is higher than the points for one degree alone. "Highest degree only" is for those with Masters or a PHD, or only a Bsc and nothing else.

oniwoski:
Hello gurus...

Pls do I have to evaluate HND and OND seperately. Since Wes says submit highest degree should I send just my HND.?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2021
RealVictor:

So does this means that they send you an evaluation report after evaluating your msc and another report after evaluating your bsc??

They only evaluate the msc and case closed. So you will receive only one report. I think because they know it’s for Canada immigration they just evaluate highest degree since the person has an Msc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2021
oniwoski:
Hello gurus...

Yes. Send evaluate your OND and HND to get 2 or more degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 9:28am On Apr 19, 2021
Canadahome:

I tried it now, and it's saying the website is undergoing maintenance. What could be the problem?

They undergo maintenance from time to time which I have experienced more than once. It will be back up soon, just keep checking.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2021
amaya21:

Bro, OP been don dey ask this same question e be like forever o.. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Holufunmee: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2021
Hello Seniors, please is it advisable to convert POF from Naira to dollars or just leave it in naira. I'm yet to get ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by specialguest(f): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2021
barby008:
Please how long did your Msc take to finish?
The program took me 2 years because I did it at my pace.
Someone here says he completed his own within a year which I think it's possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
Holufunmee:
Hello Seniors, please is it advisable to convert POF from Naira to dollars or just leave it in naira. I'm yet to get ITA
you know the answer yourself. Why not save your self the heartache of bothering about inflation and change it to $.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ah, I didn't notice lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed thanks lol

ShoeShineGuy:

Bro, OP been don dey ask this same question e be like forever o.. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aykevictor789(m): 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
Change your POF to dollars immediately.

Holufunmee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ibom2345: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
scan your certificate and upload it.
Midex88:

Abeg.. I need explanations.. What should I do.. I am only evaluating my masters certificate which is the highest
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Woeagle5: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hello All,
Please I need clarification.
I have about 6 years of cumulative work-experience (from July 2013 till date) for jobs under NOC, A, C and B (in this"ascending" order).
Would I be required to submit a work reference for all work experience classifications or for just NOC B??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
bemagnify:

I only have friends there! We attended the same university and law school... I have been pleading with them to look out for job offers for me but their responses are not encouraging.
Actually it’s very rare to get a job offer before landing and then being a lawyer again it’s impossible for a lawyer to get anything before landing because lawyers need to “requalify” Don’t mind my English here. Don’t be angry with those people, I’m sure they didn’t know how to explain this to you grin . They have lawyers on ground there that have qualified so why will they give the opportunity to someone outside who’s yet to and knows nothing about Canadian law( my thoughts)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
nowhere:
Even if he did, coming here with that to live is not fun ooo. I saw a guy who declared asylum after, his face was not a pie to look at now. Covid worsening the remaining thing in it.
Did he say he intends to live there on a visit visa ? Just asking because I don’t know what his intent is.
He may just be a Genuine visitor that has been held in the whole silence From covid and is wondering what’s up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
Holufunmee:

This is not the best time to change POF to $. The black market has stabilized, it now hovers around 475-485. So, what will be your gain if you buy now?

In coming weeks, CBN might intervene (sure to intervene before end of Q2) in the FX market and dollar might start coming down due to more FX being earned from oil price. The CBN is attributing current inflation to FX black market issues, so wait and buy $ when they start intervening. Perhaps, you get at 420 or 430.

Remember, FSW is not in sight now, so be calculative with your financial risks.

Just an advice.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Abdomox:

This is not the best time to change POF to $. The black market has stabilized, it now hovers around 475-485. So, what will be your gain if you buy now?

In coming weeks, CBN might intervene (sure to intervene before end of Q2) in the FX market and dollar might start coming down due to more FX being earned from oil price. The CBN is attributing current inflation to FX black market issues, so wait and buy $ when they start intervening. Perhaps, you get at 420 or 430.

Remember, FSW is not in sight now, so be calculative with your financial risks.

Just an advice.
wrong advise, CBN or Nigeria has no money to defend the naira for now.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: Slytiger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.