Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1359090 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
ednut1:
wrong advise, CBN or Nigeria has no money to defend the naira for now.
I quite agree with this. Also, liquidity from CBN is really low. They have defended the naira with our foreign reserves for too long and it’s a losing battle. I fully expect that the next big move by the CBN will be to float the currency and allow the forces of demand and supply affect it. This may see the dollar rise to about 650/700 before it finally finds its level. May be in the coming months, may be in years to come but it is inevitable.

The economic outlook for the coming years is bleak. I don’t see any magic one minister of finance or CBN Governor will perform overnight. Over reliance on crude oil as our major source of forex and our hunger for imported goods has affected our naira too much. The activities of Bureau D Change houses too and their parallel rates is another issue.

In summary, our naira is on life support and has been for far too long

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
One could tell as Nigerian people see things. And him being here could be a give away. All in all, Canada is not USA in that regard. Know what's up ahead!
Debbieeeeeee:

Did he say he intends to live there on a visit visa ? Just asking because I don’t know what his intent is.
He may just be a Genuine visitor that has been held in the whole silence From covid and is wondering what’s up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ObianujuEgo: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
If you are writing ielts and come across this, I hope it helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAHGW3ssNw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
ednut1:
wrong advise, CBN or Nigeria has no money to defend the naira for now.

I talk based on facts and figures. Just see the 30 day movement in FX reserves, despite capital outflows. You can compare this with last time intervention was done.

The earnings has improved, so will the reserves. It's now left for CBN to intervene or not.

So, be strategic.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
nymphomaniac:
I quite agree with this. Also, liquidity from CBN is really low. They have defended the naira with our foreign reserves for too long and it’s a losing battle. I fully expect that the next big move by the CBN will be to float the currency and allow the forces of demand and supply affect it. This may see the dollar rise to about 650/700 before it finally finds its level. May be in the coming months, may be in years to come but it is inevitable.

The economic outlook for the coming years is bleak. I don’t see any magic one minister of finance or CBN Governor will perform overnight. Over reliance on crude oil as our major source of forex and our hunger for imported goods has affected our naira too much. The activities of Bureau D Change houses too and their parallel rates is another issue.

In summary, our naira is on life support and has been for far too long

Lol. CBN will not float Naira amidst the current level of inflation in Nigeria. Please read up on Egypt's "regrets" on floating their currency.

This is not the best time, and we can't float it in the next 5 years except we are ready for full currency crisis. CBN will continue to defend Naira till it stabilizes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
Abdomox:

I talk based on facts and figures. Just see the 30 day movement in FX reserves, despite capital outflows. You can compare this with last time intervention was done.

The earnings has improved, so will the reserves. It's now left for CBN to intervene or not.

So, be strategic.

this is Nigeria things rarely improve. Store your funds in usd. Safest thing to do. Cbn wey dey print money will defend naira. Wild dreams
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
ednut1:
this is Nigeria things rarely improve. Store your funds in usd. Safest thing to do. Cbn wey dey print money will defend naira. Wild dreams

Lol. Let's let it slide....time will tell as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Adex2442:
Guys will 2m be enough for all these process?
Nah bro, not even close. If POF is not inclusive of this 2m then yes. POF alone is around 4.5m for a single chap right about now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nanfiasco: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
I have the materials for all modules......video tutorials and pdf documents.....we could agree on a reasonable price.
Shengfu:
Hello people, I’m in the same boat with this poster. Please anybody that’s willing to share the study materials for BCS. I’m taking it later this year and the self study route is harder when you read the whole text books. Abeg ooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nanfiasco: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
I'm about to write BCS too. Could you kindly give general tips?
In the spirit of celebrating every milestone, I passed my BCS!!!!! First and last attempt. I've been on a high since I checked, I'm so thankful to God cz eh no be by my power especially for someone with zero IT background.
I passed my IELTS as well. Got L 9, and the rest 7.5. To God be the glory.

Wes coincidentally sent me a mail today estimating my report to be out on September 25th but now I want to add a second credential, I'm guessing the date would be moved? Or will I be getting two reports?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eastwoodonline(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Oga which conversion rate are you using? How will you say almost 4.5M naira is almost the POF required for a single person?

lasignor:
Nah bro, not even close. If POF is not inclusive of this 2m then yes. POF alone is around 4.5m for a single chap right about now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dennyjuff: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
EagleScope01:

Hs anyone told you that you'll make a great parent? Before sleeping yesterday, I rumenated on your words for several hours..... I am gingered to try again.. With better experience though. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate
Awwww thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by duni04(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Abdomox:

So, be strategic.

Big ups bros. Thanks for this. Was planning to get some USD and £ but its looking more likely that there'll be a temporary reprieve for the Naira. Will target a nice buy price after the intervention. The long term outlook is still bearish for the naira though

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lepakhue: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
My transcript has been sent to WES by my academic institution, but I got a notification today that my document is awaiting verification by my institution. Please does any one know something about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Agbeni33: 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Negative changes everywhere. God will help us.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
Lepakhue:
My transcript has been sent to WES by my academic institution, but I got a notification today that my document is awaiting verification by my institution. Please does any one know something about this?

It means WES has sent for verification to your school. Your school has to send back that all is OK before they approve/complete the evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealVictor: 12:42am On Apr 20, 2021
lasignor:
I thought it's around 3.8m
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upeople: 3:14am On Apr 20, 2021
Saynoomore:
Hi all, I have a few qstns
Please with a 6months visit visa, how can I best maximize opportunities for a PR? Can I start a 1yr MSc afterwards and then apply for international graduate route, or get a job, and apply for Canadian experience class? Any guidance for a legit move will be appreciated

The most u can do with a six month TRV is to try to find an employer that is willing to do lmia & work permit for you. It’s a long shot but with the right plan & good networking it’s possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Saynoomore: 3:41am On Apr 20, 2021
Upeople:

The most u can do with a six month TRV is to try to find an employer that is willing to do lmia & work permit for you. It’s a long shot but with the right plan & good networking it’s possible

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

BTW, my line of work is actually among the list of jobs exempt from LMIA. My confusion now is that the IRCC website states, 'the LMIA exemption is for only 120days'. ..with a possible extension of either 15 or 30 days. Does this mean I must secure a job within the 120days? If I do, am I eligible for normal (more than 120days) LMIA? would I be asked to relinquish the job and go back to my country since I'm only a visitor, and the original plan was not to come and work beyond 6 months? sorry for the many questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Banjip: 4:38am On Apr 20, 2021
Hello House. Please I need guidance. I got invitation to apply for Manitoba PNP yesterday. The issue I am having is that my EE Profile expired last week and I just submitted a new one today. And as you know I am supposed to update my new EE profile and job seeker code on Manitoba platform.
My question is, can I go ahead and apply? Or should I decline. Pls bear in mind that I can be penalised and also forfiet the 500CAD application fee.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2021
https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/category/mpnp-notices/eoi-draw/. For those with relatives in Manitoba. The pnp draws for skilled workers overseas is back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2021
ednut1:
No issue storing your funds in naira but if you buy from the black market you'll lose. Find a cheaper way to get dollars. Emefiele will never float the naira.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2021
tshtsh:

No issue storing your funds in naira but if you buy from the black market you'll lose. Find a cheaper way to get dollars. Emefiele will never float the naira.

Please what cheaper way can one get dollars?

I need to fund my DOM account to pay the application fee of $3,270. Time is running out and I'm getting frustrated already. I can't sleep at night. I have done medicals, PCC, and others.

I have been following the debate of storing in USD or Naira and to be honest I don't know what to do. I have my POF in Naira - about 8.2 Million - for a family of 4. I have been thinking of converting some of it to USD and moving it to my DOM account. First, I'm worried about an explanation if I'm asked to provide an update on the account. On the other hand, I'm wary of the free fall of the Naira.

What cheaper way can one get USD? The aboki way is obviously cut-throat.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upeople: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2021
Saynoomore:

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

BTW, my line of work is actually among the list of jobs exempt from LMIA. My confusion now is that the IRCC website states, 'the LMIA exemption is for only 120days'. ..with a possible extension of either 15 or 30 days. Does this mean I must secure a job within the 120days? If I do, am I eligible for normal (more than 120days) LMIA? would I be asked to relinquish the job and go back to my country since I'm only a visitor, and the original plan was not to come and work beyond 6 months? sorry for the many questions.

If it’s stated on ircc website; it means if your lmia exempt work permit is approved it would be valid for 120 days and if you want to continue on the job after 120 days you must obtain positive lmia thru ur employer. You cannot start working as a visitor, u would need an employer & a job offer to apply for a work permit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2021
joselekas:

Please what cheaper way can one get dollars?

I need to fund my DOM account to pay the application fee of $3,270. Time is running out and I'm getting frustrated already. I can't sleep at night. I have done medicals, PCC, and others.

What cheaper way can one get USD? The aboki way is obviously cut-throat.

What I do is each time i travel I get $4000 PTA from the bank but try to spend much less than the PTA allowance and save the difference. Been doing that since 2017. However its been tough getting PTA over the last 10 months.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Banjip: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2021
Hello House. Please I need guidance. I got invitation to apply for Manitoba PNP yesterday. The issue I am having is that my EE Profile expired last week and I just submitted a new EE profile again today, after I got the LAA from Manitoba.
My question is, can I go ahead and apply after updatingmy new EE number and job seeker code? Or should I decline. Pls bear in mind that I can be penalised/my application invalidated because of the changes and I will also forfiet the 500CAD application fee.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2021
tshtsh:

What I do is each time i travel I get $4000 PTA from the bank but try to spend much less than the PTA allowance and save the difference. Been doing that since 2017. However its been tough getting PTA over the last 10 months.

The PTA goes at the official rate, right?

That's wise! My available option is to get someone to pay for me in Canada and I give them the Naira equivalent. But nobody wants Naira! Naira is like a stigma. Some of my friends there even have Naira they want to "dispose of". grin grin

It is well with Naira. Emiefelle had better keep defending the Naira else wahala go dey if this rate continues.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onedimple: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Banjip:
Hello House. Please I need guidance. I got invitation to apply for Manitoba PNP yesterday. The issue I am having is that my EE Profile expired last week and I just submitted a new EE profile again today, after I got the LAA from Manitoba.
My question is, can I go ahead and apply after updatingmy new EE number and job seeker code? Or should I decline. Pls bear in mind that I can be penalised/my application invalidated because of the changes and I will also forfiet the 500CAD application fee.
Thanks

I will answer your question in this manner: If I were you, what would I do? Hmmm... considering the situation in Nigeria now, taking the risk to pay $500 CAD using the new profile would be my best option, because you can always write a letter of explanation to back your application. Those people are real humans too unlike the animals in human skins that we have in Nigerian government (pardon my language pls).

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upeople: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2021
Banjip:
Hello House. Please I need guidance. I got invitation to apply for Manitoba PNP yesterday. The issue I am having is that my EE Profile expired last week and I just submitted a new one today. And as you know I am supposed to update my new EE profile and job seeker code on Manitoba platform.
My question is, can I go ahead and apply? Or should I decline. Pls bear in mind that I can be penalised and also forfiet the 500CAD application fee.
Thanks

If you can update your info on MPNP website go ahead and update it with ur new EE profile. If u can edit ur profile that means they expect u to update ur info when necessary, if not they would have locked ur profile. If you still meet their eligibility requirements i see no reason why u can’t go ahead with the application.

If u hv any doubt, contact MPNP and let them know about the changes before you submit ur application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2021
What are the requirements for Manitoba PNP this one it is back? Abeg someone should please summarize.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2021
nymphomaniac:
What are the requirements for Manitoba PNP this one it is back? Abeg someone should please summarize.

Co-asking. Also, must one have a relative in Manitoba before you can apply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.