Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358826 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

grin
A gold fish...
Awesome personality , that one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TOdus18(f): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
MissMa01:

There’s only one person I know on this forum that replies like this. Mmamaroon, is that you?

I strongly suspected this too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Baggyrepsaj(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Good evening everyone, I kindly need help with the likely documents to be submitted/asked for when claiming to have a relative (uncle) under the manitoba PNP. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ankaravillageng: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Helen001:
Please how long ago was that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Helen001: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Okay. Thank you.

ankaravillageng:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kampack: 1:41am On Apr 23, 2021
Baggyrepsaj:
Good evening everyone, I kindly need help with the likely documents to be submitted/asked for when claiming to have a relative (uncle) under the manitoba PNP. Thanks

Co-asking! Thanks in advance - if you won't refer us to page 1 lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 23, 2021
ednut1:
they have more success in immigration alongside chinese people is because of the sense of community and collaboration. They contribute to buy real estate or businesses and use it to bring their people in mass. Nigerians unfortunately like to do solo things or avoid other Nigerians. The Chinese stores i have been to in canada, 90% of their staff cant even speak English yet they are able to migrate, but a Nigerian cant get work permit easily as many Nigerians in canada have no companies they can use to help them.

Agreed, It's part of the reason.

On first note, i know this happens a lot.

Second note, i am guessing their language test were all arranged. Just a speculation though.

Personally, I also noticed that a lot of foreign tech companies who have Indians recruit themselves and share interview questions prior to the day. Nigerians will even fail you once they see a fellow Nigerian in the same interview to feel or claim superiority. I have gotten the experience first hand.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Miredo(f): 4:44am On Apr 23, 2021
MissMa01:

There’s only one person I know on this forum that replies like this. Mmamaroon, is that you?
I was going to ask the same question. Even the name @Graciouswords "smells" like her cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 6:15am On Apr 23, 2021
truthsayer009:

Agreed, It's part of the reason.

On first note, i know this happens a lot.

Second note, i am guessing their language test were all arranged. Just a speculation though.

Personally, I also noticed that a lot of foreign tech companies who have Indians recruit themselves and share interview questions prior to the day. Nigerians will even fail you once they see a fellow Nigerian in the same interview to feel or claim superiority. I have gotten the experience first hand.

On language test, I doubt they were arranged. They seem more liberal when grading themselves. They tend to keep to marking standard and not bring in sentiments.

We Nigerians are just too wicked (job retention maybe). A Nigerian will grade your writing as 6.5, when you remark, it will go to 7.5. Just imagine!

Just try to write your IELTS in another country, and see the margin in performance without much practise (Speaking & Writing Components)

Telegram is another pointer to this. Check the Asians writeups...mehn.

Now that candidates remark often, IDP & BC now return most results without any changes (perhaps to keep integrity intact)

God pass them.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:22am On Apr 23, 2021
MissMa01:

Awesome personality , that one
You can say that again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2021
Please I am still yet to write my ielts. And I'm currently on wes. Should I be worrying about proof of funds or its that something I should do later. To get the money is not the issue but locking it up in an account right now is. Please what should I do? I will hopefully be writing my ielts in like 4 to 5 weeks time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dennyjuff: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2021
Emmy2009:
Please I am still yet to write my ielts. And I'm currently on wes. Should I be worrying about proof of funds or its that something I should do later. To get the money is not the issue but locking it up in an account right now is. Please what should I do? I will hopefully be writing my ielts in like 4 to 5 weeks time
You may not worry about POf just yet. When U’re done with all those, do a gift deed from a family member... search “gift deed” on this thread to see how that works.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jolak5(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2021
This is my first time posting on this thread......

Please I need some important advice.

I did my IELTS the second time and I had L: 8.5, R: 9, W: 7.5, S: 7.5....

I've also done my WES and I'm 29 years old.

I have a master's in public health. Did my BSc in education. I've been freelancing as a writer since 2016 on Fiverr. And I currently work with a company in real estate as their social media expert (1 year). I also work with a company that specializes in data management as an HR and social media expert (in Austria (remote) and 1 year). I once taught in a school (money was paid by cash, 1 year). I started a tutoring company two years ago although sales haven't been steady over the years.

THE QUESTION

Which experience should I use and how many years can I claim?

In the simulation, 1 year of experience puts me at 456, while 3 years of experience put me at 486.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2021
jolak5:

I have a master's in public health. Did my BSc in education. I've been freelancing as a writer since 2016 on Fiverr. And I currently work with a company in real estate as their social media expert (1 year). I also work with a company that specializes in data management as an HR and social media expert (in Austria (remote) and 1 year). I once taught in a school (money was paid by cash, 1 year). I started a tutoring company two years ago although sales haven't been steady over the years.

THE QUESTION

In the simulation, 1 year of experience puts me at 456, while 3 years of experience put me at 486.

Get reference letters from all companies mentioned using template in page 1. That will guide number of years you can claim.

Bank statements (showing salary receipts) can be used with LOE (reason for not getting reference letters).

On your freelance work, I guess it can only be claimed as self-employment and these are the requirements:

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

Just read page 1 very well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2021
Dennyjuff:

You may not worry about POf just yet. When U’re done with all those, do a gift deed from a family member... search “gift deed” on this thread to see how that works.

I just read about those. They said it's not advisable. Also found out I can use money market and treasury bills. Please can u advice on the other two or tell me about other options I have. Will really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2021
Who are the "they" that said gift deed is not advisable?

Yes its possible to use money market funds and treasury bills but if the source of funds is new (within 6 months) you will still have to explain how you got the funds.

Emmy2009:

I just read about those. They said it's not advisable. Also found out I can use money market and treasury bills. Please can u advice on the other two or tell me about other options I have. Will really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2021
Emmy2009:

You should be more worried about IELTS now. PoF shouldn't be your worry for now.

Any asset (e.g Car) you have with receipts can be "sold" to a friend and he pays to you (if you don't want gift deed). Attach receipts and other proof of ownership and match with the inflow. Shikena! I just hope you grab.

Relax...and prepare for your exam. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mysha03: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Hello, where is your visa office and what is your
AOR?

Tfo10:
I got this after raising webform.
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

-The eligibility is currently valid.
-The security background verification is currently valid.
-The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Please what does this mean?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ibom2345: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2021
funny how they know that 6.5 will make you fail. and i believe anyone who can get a 6.5 can geta 7, so why don't you just give them.
Abdomox:

On language test, I doubt they were arranged. They seem more liberal when grading themselves. They tend to keep to marking standard and not bring in sentiments.

We Nigerians are just too wicked (job retention maybe). A Nigerian will grade your writing as 6.5, when you remark, it will go to 7.5. Just imagine!

Just try to write your IELTS in another country, and see the margin in performance without much practise (Speaking & Writing Components)

Telegram is another pointer to this. Check the Asians writeups...mehn.

Now that candidates remark often, IDP & BC now return most results without any changes (perhaps to keep integrity intact)

God pass them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 9:34am On Apr 23, 2021
Emmy2009:

Stop listening to people who clearly go contrary to IRCC guidelines. IRCC says you can use gift deed, now you are saying "some people" said it's not advisable? Are they the officers giving the Visa? Do they work in IRCC? Are they even immigration consultants?

I suggest you do a lot of research and reading. It is very hard to go through this process with only the knowledge of what "some people said".

You can put the money in Stanbic mutual funds/treasury bill and show proof that the money is there, and easily accesssible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2021
[quote author=titusincanada post=101017433]A single mother with a child. What would be Marital status to be selected when filling profile form.

Is it Single or what?

Yes you are single provided you were never married or divorced.

You’re ineligible because you’re not using the exact figure for POF, you should use the exact amount as given.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2021
Ibom2345:
funny how they know that 6.5 will make you fail. and i believe anyone who can get a 6.5 can geta 7, so why don't you just give them.

Because they are enemies of progress. One day we will have the chance to talk about Nigerians and their witchcraft behaviour. The Nigerian woman in Abuja who interviewed me for Speaking test was so harsh, i almost felt like I impregnated her daughter or something because I can't even explain it.

I remarked the speaking test and i maxed out. It was so obvious something fishy happened with the initial marking.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2021
specialguest:

Update to my Enquiry for those who graduated from NOUN.
WES evaluated my MSc as a Canadian equivalent of a Masters degree and I have received the soft copy.
And I did not need to physically visit NOUN to request for transcript nor did I pay anyone to facilitate. Every thing was done online.
Transcript was sent exactly 9 days after I paid online without any external intervention.
WOW! Congrats! That's the way things are supposed to go in this country. I like the initiative behind NOUN.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by djo120920: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Hi All

Asking on behalf of a friend
A Canadian employer has got a positive LMIA for her, after having advertising the job for 12 weeks on jobbank.
What is left is for her to apply for work permit. And processing timeline for that on the IRCC website, if applying from Nigeria, is 46wks.
Now the question is, can he travel to Ghana or the UK to apply for the work permit, seeing that Ghana timeline is 8 weeks, and London 4 weeks.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wealthzee: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2021
Is there a group chat for the next pnp draw for 28th April,2021...08103721060...that's my number, kindly add

uote author=nymphomaniac post=100804918]Canada invited 266 Express Entry candidates to apply for permanent residence on April 14.

In order to be invited in this draw, candidates needed a score of 753. This minimum score requirement may seem high compared to the average all-program, or Canadian Experience Class-only draw, but that is because invited candidates needed to have previously received a nomination from a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

PNP candidates automatically get 600 points just for receiving the provincial nomination. Without the nomination, the lowest-scoring candidate would have 153 points.

Candidates who had the minimum score of 753 were only invited if they submitted their Express Entry profile before March 01, 2021 at 15:22:18 UTC, as per the tie-break rule. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) publishes the cut-off time for the tie-break rule as an administrative requirement, regardless of whether there was an actual tie.

Shared as seen [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Baztardmods: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Please anyone got the number of a genuine police officer especially a woman at the Force Headquarters in Ikoyi. I need to do my police clearance asap.. please I don't need scammers.. and it's not for study.. kindly help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayinke93(f): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2021
truthsayer009:

Because they are enemies of progress. One day we will have the chance to talk about Nigerians and their witchcraft behaviour. The Nigerian woman in Abuja who interviewed me for Speaking test was so harsh, i almost felt like I impregnated her daughter or something because I can't even explain it.

I remarked the speaking test and i maxed out. It was so obvious something fishy happened with the initial marking.

I'm usually against stereotypes but that trend has been too constant with Nigerians. I got a solid 9 in speaking and I'm very sure it was because I was interviewed by a white woman via video call. Nigerians really need to be kinder to each other.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by depair: 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Baztardmods:
Please anyone got the number of a genuine police officer especially a woman at the Force Headquarters in Ikoyi. I need to do my police clearance asap.. please I don't need scammers.. and it's not for study.. kindly help

ASP Ayanwale
He will do that in 20mins max

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tfo10: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ottawa. Aor March, 13 2020
Mysha03:
Hello, where is your visa office and what is your
AOR?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
jolak5:

THE QUESTION

Congratulations on smashing your IELTS. So for EE (Express Entry), your work experience doesn't have to match with your course of study to be eligible. If you have three years experience without including your freelancing job (Judging from your analysis I think you do), I advise you use them instead and you can include your freelancing job under personal history post ITA. And hope the Remote Austria Job is not the same year with your current job?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Baztardmods: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
depair:

ASP Ayanwale
He will do that in 20mins max
You got his number?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Owerri1stSon: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello, Good afternoon.

I have been granted Visa to do a Master Course in Ukraine but the issue is, I don't know if I can apply for Ph.D in Canada after my Master program in Ukraine? How possible is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.