Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1365153 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
Good afternoon Fam,

Quick one please. I updated my IELTS result on my profile but my score hasn’t changed. Am I supposed to click on “continue” and will I be able to update other sections after clicking continue? Cos all I did was “save and exit”
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lotusgoddess:
Good afternoon Fam,

Quick one please. I updated my IELTS result on my profile but my score hasn’t changed. Am I supposed to click on “continue” and will I be able to update other sections after clicking continue? Cos all I did was “save and exit”
Click continue & transmit

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Click continue & transmit

Okay. Thank you so much Debbiieee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamide34(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
[quote author=demolaofCalgary post=100615654]Please can I get a link to a telegram IELTS study group. ��

I am interested in getting this link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Whiney96: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hi wonderful people.
I just want to know one thing please. Does WES see a PGD as a "two or more certificate"? Im worried it will be equated to " 4 year bachelor's ".
Biko help a sister with a response. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by beepromise: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hi everyone. I turned 31 a few days back and my profile score dropped from 470 to 464. I was thinking it would drop by 5 points. The score attributed to my age is 99. Do applicants now lose 6 points when they turn 30 and for every subsequent year after they turn 30?
That 1 point dey pain me oooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hillony: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
beepromise:
Hi everyone. I turned 31 a few days back and my profile score dropped from 470 to 464. I was thinking it would drop by 5 points. The score attributed to my age is 99. Do applicants now lose 6 points when they turn 30 and for every subsequent year after they 30?
That 1 point they pain me oooo.
I was trying to include a screenshot which wasn't successful. As a single applicant, one gets to lose 5 or 6 points with each birthday from when one turns 30. One loses 5 points from 29 to 30 and 6 points from 30 to 31, and continue losing 5 and 6 points in alternates. On the other hand, one with a spouse loses 5 points every year from age 30. At age 41, the loss in points gets bigger and at 45, there is zero allocatable points for age.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
icehot:

Stop listening to people who clearly go contrary to IRCC guidelines. IRCC says you can use gift deed, now you are saying "some people" said it's not advisable? Are they the officers giving the Visa? Do they work in IRCC? Are they even immigration consultants?

I suggest you do a lot of research and reading. It is very hard to go through this process with only the knowledge of what "some people said".

You can put the money in Stanbic mutual funds/treasury bill and show proof that the money is there, and easily accesssible.

Please how does this stanbic mutual funds and treasury bill work and Can I quickly source for the money after I get my ITA? I read that the funds must be in ur account for 6 months before ITA call you.
Im just a bit scared of finally getting to the ITA and failing because of POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmy2009(m): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
amaya21:
Who are the "they" that said gift deed is not advisable?

Yes its possible to use money market funds and treasury bills but if the source of funds is new (within 6 months) you will still have to explain how you got the funds.

Please what's the best way to explain the large amounts of funds received. And how does the money market and treasury Bill's work
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Emmy2009:

Please what's the best way to explain the large amounts of funds received. And how does the money market and treasury Bill's work
simply read past ppr stories shared on here. Gift deed has been explained in page 1 too. Money market and tbills in my opinion are no longer worth the stress as rates are now like 1% to 3% per annum unlike 14% a year ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
Whiney96:
Hi wonderful people.
I just want to know one thing please. Does WES see a PGD as a "two or more certificate"? Im worried it will be equated to " 4 year bachelor's ".
Biko help a sister with a response. Thank you
bsc and pgd is two or more degrees
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by beepromise: 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
hillony:

I was trying to include a screenshot which wasn't successful. As a single applicant, one gets to lose 5 or 6 points with each birthday from when one turns 30. One loses 5 points from 29 to 30 and 6 points from 30 to 31, and continue losing 5 and 6 points in alternates. On the other hand, one with a spouse loses 5 points every year from age 30. At age 41, the loss in points gets bigger and at 45, there is zero allocatable points for age.

Nawa ooo. Thanks, hillony

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
beepromise:
Hi everyone. I turned 31 a few days back and my profile score dropped from 470 to 464. I was thinking it would drop by 5 points. The score attributed to my age is 99. Do applicants now lose 6 points when they turn 30 and for every subsequent year after they 30?
That 1 point they pain me oooo.

.....very important link from page 1.....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Emmy2009:

Please how does this stanbic mutual funds and treasury bill work and Can I quickly source for the money after I get my ITA? I read that the funds must be in ur account for 6 months before ITA call you.
Im just a bit scared of finally getting to the ITA and failing because of POF.

If you will use a gift deed (Money from family relatives), it does not have to be in your account for 6 months, you should explain it in your Letter of Explanation, do a notarized gift deed, and show proof that the money was given to you. (cheque, etc)

Regarding the Stanbic mutual funds, it's like an investment account you open with Stanbic bank. With this, you will submit your investment certificate from the bank. I am not very sure about the treasury bills, but I believe that whatever you present to them, you should show that the money is yours and can be easily accessed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jolak5(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you for taking time to respond���. Actually, the two jobs started around the same time. Is that a problem and the is there a solution?
Prettiepearlz:

Congratulations on smashing your IELTS. So for EE (Express Entry), your work experience doesn't have to match with your course of study to be eligible. If you have three years experience without including your freelancing job (Judging from your analysis I think you do), I advise you use them instead and you can include your freelancing job under personal history post ITA. And hope the Remote Austria Job is not the same year with your current job?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yeldey: 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
Petrelli112:
Hope the place you are willing to stay outside of Winnipeg is where your relative resides?

Pardon the late response.

He stays in Winnipeg while I chose another location outside of Winnipeg, hope there won't be issue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
jolak5:
This is my first time posting on this thread......

I've been freelancing as a writer since 2016 on Fiverr. And I currently work with a company in real estate as their social media expert (1 year). I also work with a company that specializes in data management as an HR and social media expert (in Austria (remote) and 1 year). I once taught in a school (money was paid by cash, 1 year). I started a tutoring company two years ago although sales haven't been steady over the years.

THE QUESTION

Which experience should I use and how many years can I claim?

In the simulation, 1 year of experience puts me at 456, while 3 years of experience put me at 486.

Perhaps if you put start and end dates for each job, the number of years of experience you can claim will be clearer e.g.

Freelancing as a writer since 2016 on Fiverr Jan 2020 to Jan 2021

Currently work with a company in real estate as their social media expert (1 year). Jan 2007 to Jan 2008

Work with a company that specializes in data management as an HR Jan 2012 to Jan 2013

Social media expert (in Austria (remote) and 1 year). Jan 2017 to Jan 2018

Taught in a school (money was paid by cash, 1 year). Jan 2015 to Jan 2016

Started a tutoring company two years ago although sales haven't been steady over the years. Jan 2004 to 2005

You get?

The 3 years must be consecutive (gaps are ok so long as at least 1 year was continuous), they cannot be concurrent i.e. working 3 different jobs in the last 1 year.......this is the point Prettiepearlz was making by asking if you were doing some jobs at the same time, I think

You are either an employee or self-employed. I suspect a freelancer can be either, depending. This link (proof of work experience) has the docs required for each.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joliva(m): 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please, kindly help me out with my NOC for Manitoba PNP. I am Feature Editor, and here are my job descriptions:

*Perform editorial tasks: writing, editing, and copy editing.

*Planning publication content

*Promote, meet the sales target of the organization

*Devise strategies and techniques necessary for sales target

*Source for Individuals and corporate organizations in the magazine

*Research for news content, articles, features for the website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by beepromise: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Petrelli112: 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
yeldey:

Pardon the late response.

He stays in Winnipeg while I chose another location outside of Winnipeg, hope there won't be issue?
Awwww, don’t bother applying as you would be wasting the application fee, I made the same mistake in 2018, my application was rejected, you must choose where your sponsor resides for mpnp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Orkpeohluwher: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please what are the chances of landing a job offer from here (Nigeria) if one has Canadian Certification in HR (CPHR)?

I will appreciate your responses.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jolak5(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2021
You explained it all. Thank you and God bless you..

I'll arrange it accordingly, Although in the end, I believe only the freelancing will count cos every other job was done in the space of that 4 years,

Teaching: 2016
Freelance writing: Jan 2017-April 2021 (constant jobs, payment is through payoneer, so I have my pay slips)
Austrian job: May 2020 till date
Real estate job: May 2020 till date
Deexclusive tutors (start up): September 2018 till date

Please how many years can I claim with this?

GraciousWords:

Perhaps if you put start and end dates for each job, the number of years of experience you can claim will be clearer e.g.

Freelancing as a writer since 2016 on Fiverr Jan 2020 to Jan 2021

Currently work with a company in real estate as their social media expert (1 year). Jan 2007 to Jan 2008

Work with a company that specializes in data management as an HR Jan 2012 to Jan 2013

Social media expert (in Austria (remote) and 1 year). Jan 2017 to Jan 2018

Taught in a school (money was paid by cash, 1 year). Jan 2015 to Jan 2016

Started a tutoring company two years ago although sales haven't been steady over the years. Jan 2004 to 2005

You get?

The 3 years must be consecutive (gaps are ok so long as at least 1 year was continuous), they cannot be concurrent i.e. working 3 different jobs in the last 1 year.......this is the point Prettiepearlz was making by asking if you were doing some jobs at the same time, I think

You are either an employee or self-employed. I suspect a freelancer can be either, depending. This link (proof of work experience) has the docs required for each.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
jolak5:
You explained it all. Thank you and God bless you..

I'll arrange it accordingly, Although in the end, I believe only the freelancing will count cos every other job was done in the space of that 4 years,

Teaching: 2016
Freelance writing: Jan 2017-April 2021 (constant jobs, payment is through payoneer, so I have my pay slips)
Austrian job: May 2020 till date
Real estate job: May 2020 till date
Deexclusive tutors (start up): September 2018 till date

Please how many years can I claim with this?

Did you get a chance to read that link from the previous post thoroughly? Screenshot extract below.

Assuming your freelancing Jan 2017 to April 2021 work experience meets ALL the criteria for FSW (hours, pay, NOC etc...see page 1) will you be claiming you are an employee (a) or self employed (b)? (see screenshot). Will you be able to provide evidence listed below for either (a) or (b)?

Are you the owner or an employee of Deexclusive? Can you get evidence listed in either (a) or (b)?

2016 teacher experience, can you get the evidence listed in (a), I assume you didn't own the school?

Same for either real estate or Austria job (but not both...as they are concurrent).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 24, 2021
GraciousWords:

Did you get a chance to read that link from the previous post thoroughly? Screenshot extract below.

MamaAaron!
Well done with your great work even if you didn't come out to claim you are our one and same person, "MamaAaron", but your hand writing is written all over your posts.
"Dark mode".

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jolak5(m): 6:49am On Apr 24, 2021
You’ve been of great help. I got everything you wrote. Can I send you a dm? It would really help me avoid silly mistakes. I won’t be a bug or an every-time questioner

GraciousWords:

Assuming your freelancing Jan 2017 to April 2021 work experience meets ALL the criteria for FSW (hours, pay, NOC etc...see page 1) will you be claiming you are an employee (a) or self employed (b)? (see screenshot). Will you be able to provide evidence listed below for either (a) or (b)?

Are you the owner or an employee of Deexclusive? Can you get evidence listed in either (a) or (b)?

2016 teacher experience, can you get the evidence listed in (a), I assume you didn't own the school?

Same for either real estate or Austria job (but not both...as they are concurrent).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2021
jolak5:
You’ve been of great help. I got everything you wrote. Can I send you a dm? It would really help me avoid silly mistakes. I won’t be a bug or an every-time questioner

MamaAaron doesn't do PM.
Sorry for interfering in your discussion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jolak5(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2021
Ha, it’s okay

She has been of immense help already

Thanks☺️☺️
brogxy:

MamaAaron doesn't do PM.
Sorry for interfering in your discussion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2021
CIA, FBI MI5, SSS detectives everywhere!!!

wink

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Glocal1: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2021
hillony:

Hello sir, please what is the prospect of an almost 40- years old spouses to get qualified for this program.

Also, can the funds required to be in one's account be borrowed?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunpinky(m): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
@amaya21, any update on when u are relocating? I know we both got CoPR at about the same time. Been waiting for the govt to lift the travel restrictions. Did u eventually got tru the USA route as advised by mammaroon?

amaya21:
Who are the "they" that said gift deed is not advisable?

Yes its possible to use money market funds and treasury bills but if the source of funds is new (within 6 months) you will still have to explain how you got the funds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.