Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1359324 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2021
phabulous88:

Is this an undergrad or a graduate program?
If it's an undergrad, I'll say explore graduate studies in Canada. And then EE afterwards.

If it's a graduate program, my advice will be to gain at least one year experience before applying.

Estimated cost for a single person is around 15000 CAD (POF, application fees, language test, ECA, etc)

Read from Page 1
It's an undergraduate degree, and i don't have much funds and i heard its expensive to run msc in Canada.
Can i gain experience in any firm and any country?
And does experience gain on contract or part-time count?
And web development is my side hustle, i can code in html, css and javascript, a bit of python, would a switch to it be IT be more beneficial or i should just follow the Electrical route?
Thanks for the swift response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:09pm On May 12, 2021
GraciousWords:

Just to add.....the 1 year experience needs to be continuous.

Page 1 and the IRCC links marked HERE your plug for FSW info.

Getting a job depends on many things, read people's experiences on the living in Canada thread.

How long it takes to get permanent residence approved is between 1 month and 3 years...really varies grin

Obstacles? Just read from part 1 to 10 for gist.

Thanks, i would do that
Please can you give me the link to the living in Canada thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2021
Lagbaja88:
read page 1. Unfortunately you need at least a year experience to open a profile, 3 years experience to get maximum points. No two ways about it
Thanks, that working experience would be hard sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2021
AgreatMan:

Can you learn French during NYSC? If u can, u would be in Canada by next year with at least 470 points.

The other option if u don't want french is to gain 3 years work experience, n do a masters.

Think about what u REALLY want.
I don't thinking i can learn French anytime soon, still trying to be fluent in chinese, adding French would be hard and unfortunately i don't plan on doing NYSC, what if i do msc in Canada, does that cover the work experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2021
crespo67:
She has a great profile. Just tell her to evaluate her transcript using IQAS or ICES(a few people here have confirmed positive evaluation of their law degrees as a professional degree using ICES, but ask more people). She also needs to take the ielts and try to max it out LRSW 8.5/8/7.5/7.5. Her husband also needs to take the ielts and aim to get a minimum score of LRSW 8/7/7/7. And also evaluate his degree with WES. For more information, visit page 1. All the best to your sister.

Thank you bro!

Her husband is a custom officer for 10years now, has MSc.

Please who is in a better position to file ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2021
Please guys this is my sister’s profile

29 years old
Lawyer
4 years working experience
Married with a kid of 2years+
No ielts but she’s ready to write.

Husband
Customs officer
MSc
9years plus working experience
No ielts but he’s ready to write

Which of them is best to file for the family?

Which is better pnp or express entry ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Amorprincesa24: 5:46pm On May 12, 2021
Contact the person who helped with your transcript. Tell him to follow up. Is it PG school or Exams and Record?
Brunobia:
Hello everyone.
Please anyone from Uniben here? Or any Federal University can please advise me what they did when WES informed them they had sent photocopies of documents back to the school for verification.

I'm stuck here. Over one month, WES emailed me that they are awaiting verification from Uniben of my transcripts and that I'm to do nothing meanwhile.
How long is it supposed to take?
Over five months since I started this verification of credentials.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mzstacie: 6:14pm On May 12, 2021
adeniyi3971:

29 years old
Lawyer

Husband
Customs officer
MSc

The wife because she’s probably the younger one. You have enough work experience to get maximum points and studying law with law school is evaluated as masters degree. Both of the should write IELTS obviously and evaluated their educational qualifications then try the CRS tool to see who has the higher score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 6:15pm On May 12, 2021
timitej:
I tried this but I get a message that says I can only create a profile. No reference number was also generated to complete my application

How did you check.
Use this link:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/c2c/eapp.do

If you're eligible it gives you a reference code
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2021
adeniyi3971:

29 years old
Lawyer

Husband
Customs officer
MSc

Express entry and the wife should be the principal applicant.

Both of them should quickly evaluate their credentials. The husband should evaluate his MSc alone with WES while the wife should evaluate her LLB with IQAS (or CES).

As evaluation is going on, they should both prepare and max out IELTS General and get passports for their children (that's if they don't have it already).

No time!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2021
Yeah it's going to be pretty hard but it's better off sitting in the pool with one year work experience while he continues building up on other areas like two or more certificates or an msc, as well as increasing his working years along the line.
You know we don't really know what cut off might be released once they start so it's better safe than sorry
abnot:

Looking at the competitiveness of the pool can he/she dig through with one year of work experience ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2021
Kaybeeeee:

It's an undergraduate degree, and i don't have much funds and i heard its expensive to run msc in Canada.
Can i gain experience in any firm and any country?
And does experience gain on contract or part-time count?
And web development is my side hustle, i can code in html, css and javascript, a bit of python, would a switch to it be IT be more beneficial or i should just follow the Electrical route?
Thanks for the swift response

Part time experience counts too but it must be up to 1560 hours/year. And work experience can be in any country.

Read more here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Are you able to start an MSc degree in China? If yes fine. An MSc will give you extra 15 points. If you're not able to start another MSc in China, try Canada. Depending on the school you apply to, you get guaranteed funding (tuition and monthly stipends). Check UBC and UoT.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2021
phabulous88:

Part time experience counts too but it must be up to 1560 hours/year. And work experience can be in any country.

Read more here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Are you able to start an MSc degree in China? If yes fine. An MSc will give you extra 15 points. If you're not able to start another MSc in China, try Canada. Depending on the school you apply to, you get guaranteed funding (tuition and monthly stipends). Check UBC and UoT.

Thanks, i really appreciate your answers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by timitej: 7:08pm On May 12, 2021
It says I'm not eligible. I'm 25. Single, My IELTS is LSRW - 7, 7, 6.5, 6.5, BSC, and 3+ years of work experience with a NOC A
phabulous88:

How did you check.
Use this link:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/c2c/eapp.do

If you're eligible it gives you a reference code
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2021
timitej:
It says I'm not eligible. I'm 25. Single, My IELTS is LSRW - 7, 7, 6.5, 6.5, BSC, and 3+ years of work experience with a NOC A

At what point did it say you're not eligible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by timitej: 8:57pm On May 12, 2021
phabulous88:

At what point did it say you're not eligible?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:17pm On May 12, 2021
timitej:

BSc 21 points
Age 25 12 points
3 yrs work exp 11 points ( would be 13 points if you have 4 or 5 yrs work experience)
IELTS CLB 7 for L 4 points, CLB 8 for RW 5 points each = 10 points, CLB 9 for S 6 points.... Total 64 points

You need to improve your IELTS scores esp LRW, get a second degree or get an additional year of work experience to cross the 67 eligibility bar.

In all, please study page 1 diligently, the link below for manually calculating eligibility is from there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 9:43pm On May 12, 2021
timitej:
you need 67/100 to open an express entry profile. What you have there amounts to 64/ 100. Improve your ielts and also get an extra degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by timitej: 10:42pm On May 12, 2021
Oh!. Thanks for the explanation.
GraciousWords:

BSc 21 points
Age 25 12 points
3 yrs work exp 11 points ( would be 13 points if you have 4 or 5 yrs work experience)
IELTS CLB 7 for L 4 points, CLB 8 for RW 5 points each = 10 points, CLB 9 for S 6 points.... Total 64 points

You need to improve your IELTS scores esp LRW, get a second degree or get an additional year of work experience to cross the 67 eligibility bar.

In all, please study page 1 diligently, the link below for manually calculating eligibility is from there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by timitej: 10:45pm On May 12, 2021
Thank you for the advice. I'm already in the process of getting another degree.
ednut1:
you need 67/100 to open an express entry profile. What you have there amounts to 64/ 100. Improve your ielts and also get an extra degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bemagnify: 11:52pm On May 12, 2021
Please IQAS and ICES evaluation which is faster and better for a Bachelor of law (LLB) degree certificate for the purpose of Canadian immigration?

I want the evaluation body to regard the LLB certificate as a professional certification with a quick turn around.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AgreatMan: 12:23am On May 13, 2021
Kaybeeeee:

I don't thinking i can learn French anytime soon, still trying to be fluent in chinese, adding French would be hard and unfortunately i don't plan on doing NYSC, what if i do msc in Canada, does that cover the work experience?

I am very sure french is not near as hard as chinese characters cheesy but I know that right now, it will be hard to convince u about French.

But u can plan for your msc against next winter session in January if ur people can afford it. I am sure u won't come back once u enter as masters student.

Modified
u don't have funds for Canada Msc n you don't want to do NYSC for a one year experience while learning french as suggested...seems u might have to pick one. Your other option is to work for 3 years, do MSc and enter the pool 5 years from now.

I STRONGLY suggest you start your WES transcript evaluation before u leave China. E go choke u if u no get strong friends back there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tonyamori(f): 12:23am On May 13, 2021
bemagnify:
Please IQAS and ICES evaluation which is faster and better for a Bachelor of law (LLB) degree certificate for the purpose of Canadian immigration?

I want the evaluation body to regard the LLB certificate as a professional certification with a quick turn around.

ICES OR CES
I’m using CES and mine is not out so I don’t know how long . But iqas is about 7 months because of the backlog . Heard CES is about 4 months when I get mine I can answer with my full chest . Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bemagnify: 12:28am On May 13, 2021
Tonyamori:

ICES OR CES
I’m using CES and mine is not out so I don’t know how long . But iqas is about 7 months because of the backlog . Heard CES is about 4 months when I get mine I can answer with my full chest . Lol

Thanks for the correction Dear colleague, when did you applied for the evaluation?

Does CES regard LLB as a Professional certificate?

How did you forward your transcript(s) from Nigeria to CES?

Other people can also help me out with the above questions.

Thanks every one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealVictor: 1:10am On May 13, 2021
newpisces:

Please how exactly will one use Barter to do the payment. I loaded my barter account and attempted to use their virtual card for WES payment, the card was still not accepted

Create a virtual Dollar Card with barter, that's the one to use, not the naira virtual Dollar Card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaybeeeee(m): 4:43am On May 13, 2021
AgreatMan:

I am very sure french is not near as hard as chinese characters cheesy but I know that right now, it will be hard to convince u about French.

But u can plan for your msc against next winter session in January if ur people can afford it. I am sure u won't come back once u enter as masters student.

Modified
u don't have funds for Canada Msc n you don't want to do NYSC for a one year experience while learning french as suggested...seems u might have to pick one. Your other option is to work for 3 years, do MSc and enter the pool 5 years from now.

I STRONGLY suggest you start your WES transcript evaluation before u leave China. E go choke u if u no get strong friends back there.
thanks for the answers, i now understand the situation well.
This thread is helpful people are ready to help.
I think doing msc is my sure and easy bet now.
Another question, does paid teaching job count as work experience even if i want to work in the engineering sector?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aduku1(m): 6:59am On May 13, 2021
bemagnify:

Truth is that both CES and IQAS will evaluate your LLB degree as a professional degree but CES is 15 to 20weeks if you submit your transcript by email directly from your university and 25 to 30 weeks if you submit by courier...IQAS says theirs is 14weeks for any method.

At first I taught CES was faster because they said IQAS had backlog but now I have notice people get theirs even within 8weeks why others are unlucky...

Therefore with the situation of what I have assessed so far I advice you go for IQAS..

I have a pending application with CES but I want to start IQAS now because I believe I might be faster.

Join this group on Facebook https://www./canada.ECA/?ref=share
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kennyliza: 7:46am On May 13, 2021
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I need clarity for a friend, she want to know if she can add her baby's Nanny(19 years old) and her younger brother(32 yrs) to her EE application, thereby increasing her family to 5 members. I have google on her behalf but not seeing any positive info. I just want to know if this is doable though for her, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ac7619710: 7:52am On May 13, 2021
newpisces:

Please how exactly will one use Barter to do the payment. I loaded my barter account and attempted to use their virtual card for WES payment, the card was still not accepted

Have you sort it out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bemagnify: 7:55am On May 13, 2021
aduku1:

Truth is that both CES and IQAS will evaluate your LLB degree as a professional degree but CES is 15 to 20weeks if you submit your transcript by email directly from your university and 25 to 30 weeks if you submit by courier...IQAS says theirs is 14weeks for any method.

At first I taught CES was faster because they said IQAS had backlog but now I have notice people get theirs even within 8weeks why others are unlucky...

Therefore with the situation of what I have assessed so far I advice you go for IQAS..

I have a pending application with CES but I want to start IQAS now because I believe I might be faster.

Join this group on Facebook https://www./canada.ECA/?ref=share

Wow thanks for the insight!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealVictor: 8:04am On May 13, 2021
kennyliza:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I need clarity for a friend, she want to know if she can add her baby's Nanny(19 years old) and her younger brother(32 yrs) to her EE application, thereby increasing her family to 5 members. I have google on her behalf but not seeing any positive info. I just want to know if this is doable though for her, thanks

She'll have to adopt both of them, I think that's the only way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.