Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help (2028 Views)

How I Make And Sell My Light Bulbs And Lamps / I Heard This Happened, Please Everyone Needs To See This / Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by KingOfNoods: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good day nairalanders... I'll try to be brief
Please sometime last year...My prepaid meter developed a fault
I contacted aedc officials in my town...they promised to look into it, but they never did...they would always come around to inspect but would never work on it.. Promising to send someone from their office to rectify it

So earlier this year I got tired and bypassed the light..they came saw it and penalized me to pay a sum of 103,000 naira for reconnection... When i visited their office they said i would pay extra 90 thousand for all the kwh/energy I've used while on by pass...(I wonder how they came across this figure)

I've paid 150,000# in total but they still came last week to disconnect my light

Who has experienced this before
And how do I go about it.. I'm tired and can't pay no more

Please help o... Nepa officials
Am i supposed to pay extra aside the normal 103k penalty for bypass?.
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by WoundedLamb: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
If only you asked these questions before bypassing...

1 Like

Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by obonujoker(m): 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
They are bastard thieves...

Tag them if Twitter, and send a message to them... explaining yourself
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by KingOfNoods: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
WoundedLamb:
If only you asked these questions before bypassing...
you would have helped me fixed the meter?

I went to their office before bypassing... For over 2 weeks..
They deliberately delayed
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by Vision4God: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
From my neighbor's experience, hers developed fault, she called Nepa official to check. They claimed she tampered with it & must pay a sum of N50k plus. She was enraged & determined to fight through until they fix it for her or replace it with a new meter.

Last last they brought a new meter for her & she just paid connection fee.
Not a dime to Nepa officials.

Maybe u could visit their head office, hoping u meet a sincere staff to help u out. God help you!
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by KingOfNoods: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Vision4God:
From my neighbor's experience, hers developed fault, she called Nepa official to check. They claimed she tampered with it & must pay a sum of N50k plus. She was enraged & determined to fight through until they fix it for her or replace it with a new meter.

Maybe u could visit their head office, hoping u meet a sincere staff to help u out. God help you!
thanks.. I plan to go to their Head office tomorrow
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by Kalatium(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
You get money o
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by WoundedLamb: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
KingOfNoods:
you would have helped me fixed the meter?

I went to their office before bypassing... For over 2 weeks..
They deliberately delayed

That was when you should have come to ask on Nairaland. Many were in that position and they could have shared with you some tips on how to get them look into it. But you took the shortcut. You're no longer on your right; there will milk you dry and there's little you can do cause you committed a crime.
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by WoundedLamb: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Vision4God:

OP's case is different. He actually bypassed the connection. He could try to fight like your neighbor but he shouldn't forget it's now a case of conny man vs conny man.

1 Like

Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by PureGoldh(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dx our country no get law.

Try as much as possible to avoid dx people (NEPA and security agents) if you enter their net...e don be for you.

Even if you carry dem go court,Dem go still win you....na 9ja matterx
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by KingOfNoods: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
WoundedLamb:

OP's case is different. He actually bypassed the connection. He could try to fight like your neighbor but he shouldn't forget it's now a case of conny man vs conny man.
but paying the 103k should be enough na?.....

Isn't it criminal when they try to get more from me?.

That is where I've got a problem with them
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by WoundedLamb: 12:09am On Aug 28, 2020
KingOfNoods:
but paying the 103k should be enough na?.....

Isn't it criminal when they try to get more from me?.

That is where I've got a problem with them

If their law doesn't say you will have to pay any arrears, then it's criminal when they try to get you to pay more than the 103k. Probably, the 103k (depending on how it was paid) went straight to government and they are now now looking for a way to make money out of the whole thing. I'm not disputing any of this. I'm only saying you have limited morale authority to call them out. Ordinarily, you could have gone online to tag their handle or go to their head office to report these criminals, etc. but why you could still do all these (seeing that you've paid your dues), the volume of your voice can't be high when calling them criminals and those at the head office would surely give more attention to someone with a better history. These guys know this and they're capitalizing on that. Understand that I'm not attacking you (I don't stay in Nigeria but I know so many things have been normalized over there). I'm only putting things into perspective as bluntly as possible.
Re: I Bypassed My Light And This Happened.. Please Help by SUPERPACK: 12:41am On Aug 28, 2020
KingOfNoods:
Good day nairalanders... I'll try to be brief
Please sometime last year...My prepaid meter developed a fault
I contacted aedc officials in my town...they promised to look into it, but they never did...they would always come around to inspect but would never work on it.. Promising to send someone from their office to rectify it

So earlier this year I got tired and bypassed the light..they came saw it and penalized me to pay a sum of 103,000 naira for reconnection... When i visited their office they said i would pay extra 90 thousand for all the kwh/energy I've used while on by pass...(I wonder how they came across this figure)

I've paid 150,000# in total but they still came last week to disconnect my light

Who has experienced this before
And how do I go about it.. I'm tired and can't pay no more

Please help o... Nepa officials
Am i supposed to pay extra aside the normal 103k penalty for bypass?.
Why will you give them that much for what exactly. Even if you stole a Nepa pole it's still too much. Do you know that adding #60k to that #150,000 would have bought you a decent solar package for your home. I rather stay in darkness than pay that heavy amount.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's The Most Bizarre Thing You Once Asked Google / Meet The Beautiful Woman Who's Married To Seven Husbands / Why Am I Seeing My First Teenage Boyfriend In My Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.