Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? (45478 Views)

My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:01am On Aug 29, 2020
eniolaamos7:
Refund him his � money. If you don't want your would-be servant to siphon off your profit when you are established.
Are you saying his Oga was also siphoning his own Oga money when he was also learning trade?
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Gee64: 5:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Return the money to its rightful owner and explain to him truthfully how you got it. That way, that love for God that is still in you called conscience would vindicate you.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by elantraceey(f): 5:12am On Aug 29, 2020
Just give it back to him little by little.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by alpharoyalty: 5:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Don't show him, fix it in a bank and remove your mind from it until you are ready. If you show him, he will never trust you again, he is human. The story will not end well. Dont't!!!!!!!!!?
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by loadman: 5:54am On Aug 29, 2020
Bro they said were you work ma were you go chop,please no try to return that money Ma God give you.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by loadman: 5:57am On Aug 29, 2020
If you return that money,this people advising you to return the money will later call you mumu.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by okoroemeka(m): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Please advice me on this.
this vintage type of merchant manship is what the igbos had perfected over the years and that is the secret to their money making,this boy in question may not be up to 16_17 years but he has managed to save #1.3 million naira cash and given his oga almost #1 million cash from his separate shop,this boy has mastered one of the key rules in money making which is savings, it will not be a surprise that in 10 years time this boy will be planted like an iroko tree in his community,the igbos has formatted this oga/boy symbiotic business partner ship to a level of producing businesses men/women more than Oxford or Harvard business schools,that boy has already mastered most of the cardinal rules in money making but it remains his emotions and ability to take critical decisions without seeking for outside advice,which in this economic situation revealing to a friend that he has such amount may be a death sentence.and pls don't ever dream of returning that money because if you do you have failed one year course in money making and your oga will treat you with disdain as if you are not yet ready to graduate,it is what all of them did,he will be expecting you to get something out of the shop to add to the little he will give,that is why he opened a separate shop were you will be less supervised,it is a game of wits and balls of iron but the end justifies the means.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by amiskurie(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Don't mind all these people who knew nothing about apprenticeship

Even your boss saved money during his time.
It's not your boss's money, it's the money you made from your own price tags. Your boss knows you are making money, that's why he didn't complain when you gave him money in the past.
All these salary earners don't have a clue about apprenticeship.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Lukaku95: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

listen to me bro.. if you give him the money you are finished.. he won't settle you. he will think you have other millions stashed somewhere else.. so use your brain..
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Zhirinovsky: 6:57am On Aug 29, 2020
If you keep his money, that's stealing and makes you a thief.
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Burruchaga71(m): 7:18am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:

I was given a seperate shop to manage and I am really doing fine there, I also gave him 500k and 400k two times when he didn't ask for it, this money I am talking about was the one I saved to use after settlement.
. Return the money to him after you have been settled thank me later
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Frankcallys(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2020
Since your conscience is hunting you already, I can only offer you the best way to return the money without your oga sacking you completely!

Use the money in stocking up goods at your shop. Do it gradually and let your shop boom nicely. Everyone including your oga will see that you are doing so well and deserves to be settled very well when the time comes.

Another option to return the money without a fallout... Discuss with your oga about opening another shop and you boost the new shop from your side. If he is a good boss, trust me he will end up leaving the shop for you when the time is right.

Now that's my 2 cent advice after making your decision
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by annayawchee: 7:23am On Aug 29, 2020
Carlmax:

Where OP, come and listen to people with experience... On this kind of issue, it's best you listen to other Igbo men like you who have served or are still serving... Don't listen to ordinary people like me and most nairalanders that don't even know what you are talking about.
I never served anybody oooooooooohhh.

I just know how it works

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Emaprince: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:

I was given a seperate shop to manage and I am really doing fine there, I also gave him 500k and 400k two times when he didn't ask for it, this money I am talking about was the one I saved to use after settlement.
You have been able to give him 500k and 400 which is 900k combined....while you save 1.3mil for yourself.

Another mans business, who decided to give you a chance of becoming a man. All you could do is to eat from his sweat more than him?

This is the problem with helping Nigerian boys to get a job. They don't know what the business owner passed 5through to establish it and get to where he is and be able to even employ you so you can become some one. All you guys does is to pilfer greedily without mercy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by NoToPile: 7:46am On Aug 29, 2020
Udanta:
I find some of the replies in this thread shocking. This country is truly finished if so many people cannot tell right from wrong and are happy to justify criminality as wisdom. If anyone working for a proper organisation or company does what the OP is being advised to do, they would be fired and rightfully so.

A company or business person will calculate and set their retail price to make a profit and be competitive. Inflating that price so you can pocket the difference can end up costing the business sales as you might lose valuable customers and create an impression of the goods being overpriced

Any money you take from a business that is not recorded is theft. This principal is the same all over the world apart from in Nigeria apparently. Why are we even talking about corrupt politicians if we find this behaviour permissible? What is the difference between what the op did and a politician inflating the cost of a project and pocketing the difference?

I am sick and tired of this nonsense. A country without a conscience is well and truly lost. Stealing does not make you smart. If you are really smart, you should try and create wealth on your own without robbing someone else blind. This mentality is the reason millions of Nigerians are living in abject poverty without even the most basic of amenities. The problem is that most of your leaders have the same mentality as some of the people commenting here.

Finally somebody who says it as it is
You are the 2nd person I am seeing not justifying the price inflation by the boys, majority see it as normal.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Musso16: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2020
All I can say is, never add up that money to the money your master will be settling with you after serving him... It’s dangerous. Except you don’t want to successful after been settled.... My piece of advice bro...
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Wizclue(m): 7:55am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Omo chop that money like say na your own no fear 1 second...
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by vickysly: 7:56am On Aug 29, 2020
I suggest you give him back the money little by little to avoid problems
Be adding it to the profits you made now and be giving him
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2020
I would advice you stop taking his money to save and wait for the right time to give back all the money you have saved, when your boss has settle you, then find a way to return all the money you have save, and tell him you been waiting to tell him how you been saving the money for him, Such boss can never forget about you.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:

Hi bro, I'm an apprentice too and I'd like to know you.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Lalasticlala Seun this is urgent

We are not allowed to save here but I don't think it's bad to add up little profits to atleast buy something for yourself.

If you are still staying for years, you could just use the money to buy more things in his shop. JUST BE CAREFUL.

I don't know the kind of person you stay with but saving is not advisable.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by dinachi(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Don't give him the money! You will be humiliated.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by obagangan: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2020
Return it you won't regret doing that..
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2020
Chimpretty:
abeg dash me small na, see if you show your oga that money believe me you are gone, the best thing to do is to stop saving, forget that money in bank till you are through and start adding the profits to your oga money( start giving your oga his complete money)

SUPPORTED.

NWABOI AIN'T EASY OH.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2020
Johnnyhoo:
Did you make this money at the detriment of your boss or his business? What I mean by detriment here is whether you've shortchanged your boss directly or indirectly.
If the answer to this is yes, give the money to him.

Did you make the money from extra profits? Example; your boss told you to sell a commodity at the rate of #5000(his profit included) but you were able to sell the same commodity for #6000 or more.
If the answer to this is yes, then you can keep the money.

https://www.nairaland.com/6062933/honesty-still-very-honest-nigerians

GOD BLESS YOU BRO.

Please check out my diary, need help.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by yassjib: 8:39am On Aug 29, 2020
GuyWise101:

may be u have a fixed price and any price above that could be yours or maybe if your Oga is a wicked one and at the end of the day might end up breaking his trust on you. giving him his money would have been better and at the other hand giving him might make him break his trust on you as well so just be careful. that's my own point and advice
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by clydedaniels(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2020
If it was stolen, You can slowly integrate the money back into his profits...

If its fro. Personal savings, find a place to keep it. Depending on how long you have before settlement.

Dont jeopardize your future for 1.3m... Trust me na chicken chanhe
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by SonOfTheLion(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2020
Chimpretty:
abeg dash me small na, see if you show your oga that money believe me you are gone, the best thing to do is to stop saving, forget that money in bank till you are through and start adding the profits to your oga money( start giving your oga his complete money)
You're wise ma.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by sonnie10: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2020
The system of boy and Oga is actually known as indentured servitude. It is a crime in the advanced world. Do not get it confused with apprenticeship. There is a reason why they use the word "Freedom" to mean the completion of the tenure. Freedom from what? It means the individual is free from being a servant without pay. Actually, there is usually no binding agreement on what the pay off of these servants would be after so many years of service. It is in the Oga's sole discretion to give to his boy whatever amount he thinks the boy merits. It can not be challenged, the boy and his parents can only feel disgruntled if the settlement is poor. This is nothing but wages theft as well as child labor in most instances. Everything being equal, those Ogas have no right to employ anyone without at least minimum wage. These boys are victim of circumstance (poverty in most cases) who are being taken advantage of.

In this instance, #1.3M might appear to be a relatively large sum but when you consider that #30k is the minimum wage in Nigeria, That would amount to #360k per annum in back unpaid wages. This boy in question might have spent 5-8years already with the Oga working more than 16hours a day sometimes throughout the week. Do the maths an see how it compounds.

The reason most of those traders seem to make a lot of profit is because they do not pay wages, instead they cheat these poor boys for years of their active early adult life in the guise of teaching them how to trade. This is very unfair and archaic, and was ended in a country like the US in 17th century. Some might argue that it is a working system of creating wealth especially in Igboland but refuse to see that it is unjust and against equity.

This is one area the law should look into, an adult should never work for free, hoping on deferred compensation.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Kellyblinks: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2020
It's good to know you now have a conscience my candid advice is that you don't tell him but gradually return the money without been noticed on daily, weekly or monthly basis that way you are free and your settlement will be collected with a clean mind but if you tell him chances are he may lock you up or feel you have stolen more than you have returned. Most humans forgive but don't forget which is ingenuine forgiveness. Thread wisely and carefully
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by stormybabe007(f): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2020
For you to bring the matter here shows that, guilty conscience is pricking you cos you alone knows how you accumulated the money. If you don't want to return it outrightly because it will look suspicious....... Return it in bits, I mean just pack it with the remits you want to give your oga periodically till it finishes. And you will have piece of mind trust me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.