Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? (45498 Views)

My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by themanderon: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
If returning the money will cause trust issues I advice you to keep the money and when he settles you you give it back to him and start declaring all your profits to him henceforth. Never and I mean never you try to spend a dime of his money cos you may not go with his full blessings while he settles you and you will not go far in whatever you do later in future.
I know several people that tried to be faster than themselves while serving their OGA and they are still suffering the consequences till date as nothing they ever lay their hands on moves as it should. Resist that temptation, never mortgage your future for present material gains. I am telling you from experience.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Iwanttoto: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Please advice me on this.

TransatlanticEx aka Logobenz aka benzgang...
Pls no return the money o, otherwise na oyo be your own.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by yaki84: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chosen1984:
First of all I Salute you Because you Have a Conscience that is Alive..

You alone knows who owns the Money!
As a young man who Desires a Great Future, my Advice to you is to take the Money and Return it.

Your Conscience Pricks u.
God is Greater than your Conscience..
As long as it's not Money Given to u as a Gift, it Belongs to your oga..
This is righteousness in another form.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by marvelito: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thatsammie:
You ought to kept at arm's length.
am not sure I understand this your reply.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by tonymyke4life(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please return it. There is tendency that any business you use that money to setup would fall plus if your oga eventually finds out, that's it. No more settlement plus u might be labelled a criminal. This has happened b4 me at onitsha.

The boy used his money he saved to buy a shuttle And gave it to a driver to be making accounts to him. His oga found out and b4 u know it, he was arrested by SARS. So beware!!!

Any money u make during ur igba boyi isn't urs, it's 4 ur oga. If u can't return it once, if u make 100k in a week for example from his business, u can start adding another 100k from the savings to it making 200k. Ur oga would think your business is growing without knowing you are only refunding him. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by golddare: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Please NLs advice me, I am serving my Oga what we Igbo people call (Igba boyi) now I am saving his money mostly from profit, I want to use the money to start my business when I am settled and it has reached 1.3m but my mind is telling me to show him the money while the other mind is telling me not to show him the money.

Start putting the money back into your oga business small small as profit again and save yourself unnecessary explanations since your oga is a good man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by adanny01(m): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

You have been advised but let me summarize.

1. If you earned the money without cheating your boss, i will suggest you keep it.

2. If you earned 1 it by cheating him then return it.

3. If its 1, keeping it in an account that has your namei is risky. He can find out. You can do other things that will not involve you keeping the money in your account.

4. If its 2 and returning the money, never return the cash at once. When ever you are giving him proceeds say 500k make it 700k and continue to do that until the 1.3m is finished.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by rajiedreez: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Emeka so you've been taking my money all this years, nna just make sure you give the money back tomorrow morning before I send you back to village
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by molbic(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
My guy I was once in you shoe better return the money,I returned mine by recording what I did not sell Any body advising you not to return the money is not better than TINUBU
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by gamaliel9: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
DO NOT GIVE IT TO HIM...START YOUR OWN BUSINESS, MAKE ENOUGH MONEY THEN MAKE IT 2M AND GIVE HIM BACK HIS MONEY WITH INTEREST
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by sammy7410(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bring it let me keep it

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Kingzeez10: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
EdmundChidera:
If you're Igbo believe me you wouldn't want to keep his money. You might start business with it on the long run you will regret getting away with his money.

Let him know about it then he blesses you with the one he have. you will surely enjoy your wealth when you make it peacefully.

Jah Guild You.
And na you people sell fake things pass
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Libatine: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
[/quote][/color]
SmartProf:
So you alone have 2 minds and u want to add up the minds of all other Nairalanders before u will have sense on a straight forward issue. What u did is called looting, but you are lacing it with sugarcoated explanations, that's why u are battling with guilt cos u didn't obtain the money directly as a gift from your Oga. But be assured that once you show him the money, u have shown yourself the way out and he wont settle U, cos he will never believe u don't have more looted funds stocked up somewhere. Since you've taken to this and you call it proceeds from profits, u must be stable enough to handle it, but if it was stolen then karma awaits you. If you are still confused, maybe your Oga prayer points in mountain of fire has caught up with you, it's time to go for confession and restitution b4 you develop high blood pressure on the small money u looted but cannot spend it.
This one na sincere but hilarious truth.
My own opinion: since you are in different location just send him his money if he asked for money again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Malawian(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

As long as theoney wasn't stolen, i.e you got it from inflating prices of what you Oga would sell for, I will advise you to keep that money locked away. You don't know if he would even settle you after your 7 years, you don't know if he will say you stole the money and sack you immediately. Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Goldenfinger: 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
lonelydora:
Whatever you sow, that also shall you reap.
Do unto me as you would want others to do unto you.

With these two statements above, I have this to tell you:

Returning that money to your oga will put you into more trouble. Your oga will assume you have been stealing from him, and probably started having guilty conscience.

If you have a good relationship with your oga, tell him you have been saving his money for him from the extra price hike you give customers. That you just wanted it to reach 1m before telling him.

If you don't have a good relationship with him, forget it and use the money to start up your own. What if you tell him, and he gets angry to sack you?
.bros their is way e will return d money his oga will not knw.let say e sold 50k bt instead giving 50k,he might increase to 150k telling his oga dat sales was high.dat is so e will b doin it till e return d entire money and it concience would b clear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by RioCarputo(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
My take on this though.

Apparently we all know it will be so difficult for you to return the looted money to your oga, because you won't want to get kicked out and ends up all on the losing side. you should just ask God for forgiveness and try to share part of the money, "let's say 300k for people in need most especially the beggars in the streets"

And when it's time for you to have your freedom from your oga to start your own business, any amount he settles you with, accept it and move on.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by frankscubey(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
I was once in your shoes ,when my mind couldn't rest anymore and confessing is out of the question,I consulted a priest and he told me to carefully put the money back into the business.that was how my peace of mind was restored.Now am grateful I hackened to the advice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by lozanni(m): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
If the money you saved is not part of the original profit due to your Oga i.e if your boss said you should sell an item for N100 (which includes his profit), but you succeeded in selling it for N120, that extra N20 is your profit and you can keep that.
Most bosses know the above scenerio happens in their shops, but are not really bothered about it if their own profit is intact.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by RioCarputo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
My take on this though.

Apparently we all know it will be so difficult for you to return the looted money to your oga, because you won't want to get kicked out and ends up all on the losing side while still being labeld a criminal . you should just ask God for forgiveness and try to share part of the money, "let's say 300k for people in need most especially the beggars in the streets"

And when it's time for you to have your freedom from your oga to start your own business, any amount he settles you with, accept it and move on.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Prof0fficial: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
brother listen to me.

if you're feeling that the money is not gotten through the right way.

FOLLOW THIS STEP TO RETURN IT WITHOUT HIM KNOWING.

each time you want to deliver sales money to him. add some percentage of the looted money to it. maybe u can be adding it gradually 200k depending on the sales.

most especially when you do business like bringing goods from other people's shop to sell. add that your looted money and keep retuning it that way till u have returned all.

this way u will be free with your mind and he won't suspect you and God will bless you and grant you power of repentance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Pearl05(f): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Put back the money into the business but dont give it to him direct.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Shugargal(f): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Prof0fficial:
brother listen to me.

if you're feeling that the money is not gotten through the right way.

FOLLOW THIS STEP TO RETURN IT WITHOUT HIM KNOWING.

each time you want to deliver sales money to him. add some percentage of the looted money to it. maybe u can be adding it gradually 200k depending on the sales.

most especially when you do business like bringing goods from other people's shop to sell. add that your looted money and keep retuning it that way till u have returned all.

this way u will be free with your mind and he won't suspect you and God will bless you and grant you power of repentance.
Exactly what I wanted to write... Guy must return that money if not he will never have peace as his conscience already disturbing him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
If u cheated him to get that, please return it but if gotten from extra hustle or profit u better keep it.
Most boss won't settle their boy after serving..
u should know that.

Especially Anambra people.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=lozanni post=93332629]
If the money you saved is not part of the original profit due to your Oga i.e if your boss said you should sell an item for N100 (which includes his profit), but you succeeded in selling it for N120, that extra N20 is your profit and you can keep that.
Most bosses know the above scenerio happens in their shops, but are not really bothered about it if their own profit is intact.[/quote

exactly
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by friendl: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
I wonder which part of the earth you are from?
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by FManager(m): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Well my question is how does your oga treat you on a regular bases, also since it's he's money I imply you shouldn't eat it.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by NoToPile: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
oluwatosink:

That's is the same as Scam , making excess profit at the detriment of the customers . After oga made his profit then you add money to the price for your own profit . And later they will start blaming the government ..
Las Las everybody be criminal and offenders in this country undecided

Loool, you sef see am.

It seems the act of inflating the prices after oga has given his price is very normal as nobody is condemning the act.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by Ybaby: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
GuyWise101:
Please Advice Me

Don't start your business with stolen money.
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by CryptoRepublic1: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Hell no
Workshop for a reason

Bros op is behaving like a pussy asss niggarrr
That money you save is yours
Where them dey work na im them dey chop
That is why it is called work chop

You don't know how things work in igboland man,on the day of his settlement they'll bless him and curse him at the same time,if he's innocent he'll prosper afterwards,if not that money will destroy his future.

@op,
First of all,what's your oga reputation is he a juju man?did he settle people before you or does he make excuses in the last minute?
Re: Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? by CryptoRepublic1: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
RioCarputo:
My take on this though.

Apparently we all know it will be so difficult for you to return the looted money to your oga, because you won't want to get kicked out and ends up all on the losing side while still being labeld a criminal . you should just ask God for forgiveness and try to share part of the money, "let's say 300k for people in need most especially the beggars in the streets"

This's the most ridiculous advice here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Photos: Lagos Computer Village Razed By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.