Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference (38254 Views)

Oyo NUJ Boycotts Femi Fani-kayode’s Press Conference / Breaking: Akwa-ibom Journalists Snub Fani-kayode’s Press Conference / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by naturefellow(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2020
TheGladiator:

Wrong! Nothing wrong with the question the journalist asked. Besides, it’s their job to ask difficult questions. Kudos to the journalist, unlike the usual sucking up to these fake vips.

An educated mind would be prepared for these difficult questions and respond tactically. Arrogant man! Well, he has apologised, everyone should forgive and move on!
scripted apology. Not accepted, on behalf of Mr. Eyo Charles cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Yoighaman(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2020
emmy9500:

and what did Trump do? answered the Guy?

We are saying it as if we won't make a fuss out of the issue if Fani Kayode decides not to reply the guy. People temperament defers, CR7 once threw a journalist mic away for asking questions in this line. We should also see the fault in the journalist question and stop romancing over Fani's outburst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM08ca2IUR4

So what did Trump do here? Praise the reporter? undecided
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Abasman008(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2020
Lol there are things Akwa-ibomites don't condone...
One of them are insultive people.. it has been knocked into my head from birth.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Seundon: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by joefelin2345: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2020
Wetin concerns me, na dey go miss brown or is it while envelope this weekend.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Gamesmart: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2020
etokhana:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/breaking-akwa-ibom-journalists-snub-fani-kayodes-press-conference/amp/

Click-baiting fool!

How does asking its members to boycott equals they snub?

Fool!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by BabaO2: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:
To be frank I don't blame FFK for reacting the way he did, though he took it too far. Some journalists deliberately ask you annoying, almost insulting question just to have something sensational for their bosses.
What are you talking about. You have to ask politicians difficult questions to probe their activities, otherwise they will continue to be comfortable in stealing and think they are always above the masses. Imagine FFK boasting of ex- ministerial position as if he earned it through passing an uncommon examination in distinction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by membranus: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Golan007:
Very good.

FFK, how market?
y

Bad.

Customers no come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by bolabadmus38: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
For me,the former minister should have responded by asking the guy to repeat the question,then tell the journalists No. I remembered in USA 94 when a journalist asked Sunday Oliseh before playing against Italy if was aware they are playing against italian stars like Roberto Baggio,Christian Panucci and so on. Oliseh maturedly told him Nigerian was also parading stars like Rasheed Yekini,Daniel"the Bull" Amokachi,Finidi George too. As public figure journalists can ask you an embarrassing question then you can give a one line response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by rhythyson: 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:
To be frank I don't blame FFK for reacting the way he did, though he took it too far. Some journalists deliberately ask you annoying, almost insulting question just to have something sensational for their bosses.

That is what they are trained to do and nothing was wrong with the question.. It was the answer that was wrong.

They are trained to catch you off guard.

Moreover FFK mouth is always too quick to call someone stupid.

Please if you see him tell him we are still waiting for the answer.... who is bankrolling him. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Basit46: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
jrusky:

But why are you apc in these much pain has Hell Rufall not said worst things to people than these and where are the journalist then

A radio or tv station was hammered N5million for granting interview pls where are the journalist to support their colleagues in that station

Pls stop taken panadol for someone else headache if FFK move to apc tomorow and slap a journalist people like you will come here and say yea the journalist passess his or her boundary and got served you will even hail FFK but now he is a sinner for not be a member of the useless evil party.

Mind you I'm not saying calling the guy stupid was right by FFK but the damn hype you guys attached to it its annoying because some demons had said worst than that and you praise them, so chill ok.
I don't care about APC or PDP
All I care about is the betterment of my country

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Xisnin(m): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
BOFA2020:
[[s]quote author=thesicilian post=93311623]To be frank I don't blame FFK for reacting the way he did, though he took it too far. Some journalists deliberately ask you annoying, almost insulting question just to have something sensational for their bosses.[/s]

What a lame excuse. If it was Buhari or El Rufai, you will be saying something different.

#HYPOCRITE
Perhaps you need a dictionary.

In what country do people compare private citizens to elected officials?
Do you think anyone will give a damn if ell rufai or Buhari are not in power?

SMH
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by OPPPS: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
A lawyer who has never appeared in a customary court of law. A politician with no electoral value
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by brightalo1010: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

What's wrong with the question?
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by ada9ja(f): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

Blame him cos if it were buhari that did that FFK tweets for the week will be on tyranny
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by bkool7(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

You better go and cover the interview for him.

Since you are the only one with him nowt
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by FlashDboy: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
etokhana:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/breaking-akwa-ibom-journalists-snub-fani-kayodes-press-conference/amp/

Nice !!!

No time for nonsense...

Its high time people are treated thesame way they treat others.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by emmy9500: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yoighaman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM08ca2IUR4

So what did Trump do here? Praise the reporter? undecided

really how does this add up. The reporter was not leading the question. it was not an assumed praise. The Fani's case was that the reporter was leading the question. "Who is bankrolling you?" simply means we Know that you are been sponsored, but we want to know who is sponsoring you. Its different from a statement made on past deeds.

Please come up with matters that follows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by BOFA2020: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Xisnin:

SMH

Dummy, as if you won't be wailing and crying if the person involved happens to be TINUBU.
IN FACT THE WAILING AND CRYING WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF THIS WORLD IF TINUBU HAD BEHAVED THE SAME WAY THE CRACK HEAD FANI DID.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Dchampion65: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

I don't understand your point. The question asked requires simple yes or no. He is not in government but decided to move round the state to inspect projects. Asking why, his motives, and who is behind or what necessitate such move are necessary questions.
He has the habit of insulting anyone no matter who, yet he can't take such from another person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by anonimi: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by ojaysam25(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
I see nothing in this...other journalists from other state nko....
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by anonimi: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Xisnin:
SMH

If he is a private citizen why is he occupying public space frequently, as in permanently?
You fit reason that one

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by anonimi: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Legalese(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
When he was insulting the journalists, none of them could say anything to him face to face. Na to boycott be their only power. Rubbish cowards.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Yoighaman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
emmy9500:

really how does this add up. The reporter was not leading the question. it was not an assumed praise. The Fani's case was that the reporter was leading the question. "Who is bankrolling you?" simply means we Know that you are been sponsored, but we want to know who is sponsoring you. Its different from a statement made on past deeds.

Please come up with matters that follows.

Someone asked a President why he's showing clips and praising his administration and Trump told him he is not using his brain....what other matters that follow do you want to read or hear? What's the difference between not using your brain and being called stupid?
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by lordatkinson07(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

You need to blame him. As a leader, he should by now know how to control his temperaments and move on with live. Imagine he did not react in that manner, what would that have cost him.

Journalist: Sir, who is bankrolling you on this your tour?

FFK: (in a a simple manner.) No one. I have the resources. I was a former minister and a lawyer by practice. Are you saying I cannot afford to travel all over Nigeria? Common. And he will turn everything to jokes.

That is how a born and well trained leader with high political ambition behaves and not arrogantly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Nanavati(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
August 28, 2020

MEDIA FRIENDS OF FFK IN AKWA IBOM STATE

WE STAND WITH FFK

We, Media Friends of Femi Fani-Kayode(FFK), Akwa Ibom State Chapter welcome our Leader, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode to Akwa Ibom State on a project inspection tour.

As you tour round the state inspecting projects, we assure our leader that the state is in safe hands of Gov Udom Emmanuel who has changed the state from a civil service state to an industrial hub.

We also assure our leader of positive publicity as he begins his tour in the state.

Signed:

Mr. Utitofon Morgan Ukpong
State Chairman.

Atuekong Paul Bassey
State Secretary
Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by Komu1048(m): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
urchcoded:
Nice one even Donald trump don't dare talk to journalists or reporters that way, and you need to see the kind of provoking questions they ask him on a daily basis. In Nigeria, politicians see themselves as Gods and we too see them as Gods.

He might not insult journalist but he go further to trash their media houses. He is not a friend to media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-Ibom Journalists Snub Fani-Kayode’s Press Conference by wellmax(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesicilian:

You don't blame FFK but agree he took it too far. You are very confused.

If you cannot take hard questions, then you are not ready for leadership.

Ask Donald Trump

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Gen. Enenche Speaks On His Support For Peter Obi, Lekki Toll Gate / APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard / Buhari Has Set Traps For Tinubu – Shehu Sanni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.