Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters (21944 Views)

Tinubu Vows To Proceed On Qatar Trip Despite Rejection Of Business Summit / Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by londonderry2: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Autocracy
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by lomprico(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nairaland should be ready to get banned!

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Charmingrascal(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nigerian youths this is the time we take to the street to protest against this anti masses Government

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Bannylove13: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dictatorship

Punch call him Major General Mohammadu Buhari

The Nigeria Tyrant...

We need coup in this country now... someone need to take out this government ASAP!

All I need is sponsor..

Oya Dss am waiting.. my location is on ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by osazsky(m): 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:
Great move
yeah nice one..if only the punishment for hate speech can be death sentence and not stupid 5m.na common tongue start Rwanda war...we cant afford to thread dat part.kids talk anyhow online immediately they borrow data..Buhari u are the best thing that happened to us since 1960...stupid gej

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by michoim(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
Who are the nigerians? Are they not represented in the Senate anymore? SR never cease to amaze me sometimes...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Deborah98(f): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
We still don't need it simple sad
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by letitrainnow(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
Na their choice be day ...
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by osazsky(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Nigerian youths this is the time we take to the street to protest against this anti masses Government
pls run away from revolution yopob..just an advise dont come and complain when u are shot by mistake by our happy trigger amy..pls southerners and ipob ignore him..we are use to their tricks.tinubu trying to use sowore to destabilize this stable govt

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Brushstrokes20: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
The shithole is cursed with useless rulers and bunch of self serving thieves!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by SenecaTheYonger: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Make sure you have a fake social media account with no picture or address or contact info that you will use to circumnavigate this bill. You can now criticize them very, very harshly with it.

7 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Badonasty(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Lol...Reno omokri and ffk go compose

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by meobizy(f): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Okay. Good for them.
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by EXOUSIAng: 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
I don't see anything wrong this has been done in most developed countries, same developed countries most of you want Nigeria to emulate, so whats all the noise about....
The National Assembly has a representative from every local government and tribe, so let me ask in reality, is the federal government expected to go seeking the opinion of the masses who are represented by the NASS members
You are gonna say the NASS member don't have your interest at heart, but y'all voted them....

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Kennitrust(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Meaning if I call Buhari a failure (which he is), they will arrest me?

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Patrioticman007(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:

cool

Great move, Nigeria is edging towards major disaster if we don't control our cyberspace from some wicked bloggers and inciteful fictitious Libelous post made by crazy people

I concur with your assertion, these peddlers of fake news, are working day & night to see the disintegration of our only country. Forgetting that there is no place like home.

If we all run away to abroad because we choose not to fight for our only country, who will fight it, for us ?. Rome wasn't built in a day, for Roman unity was built on pains, sweat, civil wars & patriotism. Only GOD knows why he created us in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Bannylove13: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:

cool

Great move, Nigeria is edging towards major disaster if we don't control our cyberspace from some wicked bloggers and inciteful fictitious Libelous post made by crazy people

This one is always for the likes... sense don fall for market.. na to pick a.m. wash..

Still need am.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by tot(f): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
See priority undecided

They won't pass the bills required to fix the electricity problem in the country, or address other significant issues.

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Miracle1991: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yes,I love this. We must control these fake fake news especially from ipob miscreants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by King44(m): 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kwanza:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/28/exclusive-nigerian-senate-pass-social-media-bill-despite-rejection-nigerians

we are too docile in this country but if na pastor crest rape case stupid people won't stage protest, these law makers are daring us

If it is black lives matter that does not affect us you would see some idiots masturbating over it

Land tax bill and this bill are wrong, if this scale through grazing bill that has been kept there till we are docile about it would be passed

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Evercurious(f): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Only in an unregulated lawless Nigerian Social Media space would a lady wake up and accuse a stranger of rape on her Twitter page, or a scammer clone your account and steal your pictures and start impersonating you to use your profile to beg people for money

I guess you need a brain reset

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by techmo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Evercurious:

I guess you need a brain reset

If that's all you can contribute on issues of social media regulations then I think it's brain you need

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by EXOUSIAng: 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Terrorists Government!

This government is giving her all to lay a foundation of dictatorship that'll reign beyond 2023
They aren't willing to hide their agenda anymore, they are giving it a hot push in the presence of glaring eyes
My biggest concern is my Race, the Yorubas. We need to be more aggressive in our approach calling for good governance. It is time for us to push the game. Talents are wasting.

Your biggest problem should be you lack of knowledge and understanding of what this bill is all about...
This is the system most developed countries use, same countries you always compare Nigeria to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by stormborn28(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Great move, Nigeria is edging towards major disaster if we don't control our cyberspace from some wicked bloggers and inciteful ,fictitious ,Libelous post made by crazy people

Only in an unregulated lawless Nigerian Social Media space would a lady wake up and accuse a stranger of rape on her Twitter page, or a scammer clone your account and steal your pictures and start impersonating you to use your profile to beg people for money and scam people

rubber stamp senate
Senator Abbo was caught on camera sexually assaulting a sales lady.. The case was in court even with the strong evidence that case was killed.. Why? Because he is in the Senate and colleagues look the other way and he has money and connections... So what do you say to such... The weak in the society can be trampled upon even when there is serious evidence against the rich and mighty all they will do is to refer to this bill and say it is false accusations ...They will all fall like rotten meat from a skeleton through the divine hand

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by peterantai(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please nairalanders can someone please help me explain how to post a content here on nairaland. How to tag also.
Am new here please someone help me.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Golan007: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mgbadike80:
lol, the problem of Nigeria is not her wicked leaders but the stupid masses, therefore, the country can never get better. On Biafra, i stand. To hell with restructuring and Igbo presidency. Those are greek gifts, APC/Tinubu campaigned with it in 2015, today, what is happening?

Nobody is even giving you any gift talkless of a greek one.
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by King44(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

Your biggest problem should be you lack of knowledge and understanding of what this bill is all about...
This is the system most developed countries use, same countries you always compare Nigeria to.
Mr man man are you not in this same country where people don't respect rule of law. This bill would empower them to throw you in prison if you question the deficiencies of the gvt

This bill won't work against people in power but would cripple freedom of speech that is not even enjoyed by the masses.

Lemme see how APC would win this 2023 but osinbajo factor she. They should be ready to rig and maim to secure votes

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Evercurious(f): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
EXOUSIAng:
I don't see anything wrong this

Then go have your eyes cleaned properly

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
Seun and nairaland are in trouble

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Golan007: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Benbellamor:
I hate when fools don't know what they ve got Until its gone..They now started crying

Saraki and Dino would have uphold people's wish. The same saharareporters keeps distracting him with Allegations

Mumu people keep saying that Saraki is blocking Goodies from Buhari

Oya enjoy goodies especially packaged for you.....freedom After speech NOT GUARANTEED..Gbammmm

Yes Saraki is such an upright person that he made Kwara an exemplary state much to he envied.

Has Dino bought any new car since he got voted out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits Shoot At Villagers At A Market In Goronyo, Sokoto, Kill 49 People / INEC Assures Use Of BVAS In Governorship & State Assembly Elections / There Was No Zoning In Kogi APC, why should there be in Edo? - Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.