Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters (21915 Views)

Abdulaziz Sule Bribes Adebayo Adelabu With Lexus SUV Worth ₦290M-SaharaReporters / Tinubu Vows To Proceed On Qatar Trip Despite Rejection Of Business Summit / Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by techmo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

Ignorance is your problem

Do you know that

1) the executive order can be cancelled in court

And
2) The content of the executive order has no correlation to what we are talking about here

Nigeria is descending into Fascism
And when the country gets there
Even Buhari wont be safe

Make una continue to dey cheer bad thing

Why not read the bill proposal first before embarrassing yourself

An enlightened person argues after checking facts, I bet you have never seen any part of the proposed bill

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by King44(m): 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

Exactly

Until Nigerians change from their badness
Nothing good can come out of it

Whether as one country
Or as broken up countries.
Its still the same idiots that will occupy the country
For the first time I am beginning to think that we are the cause of our own woes and not Buhari or any thief in gvt office.
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by chaloskyx: 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
You see the problem i have with our youths all you can do is hide between your keyboards and shout like orubebe "we would not take this" when it comes to mobilisation to fight against our govt like sowore has called for countless times you would be no where to be found. see the conclusion is our leaders know we are cowards we would never challenge them in fact if they pass a bill that all first born male children in Nigeria should be jailed or killed nothing would be done. so dont bother coming on this platform to pour out your frustrations on the bill instead go on the street when called upon or just keep shut and swallow the bitter pill the Nigerian Government has given you

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by CAUSTIC002: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
too many mischievous, up to no good bloggers nowadays,
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by DexterousOne(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:

Why not read the bill proposal first before embarrassing yourself

An enlightened person argues after checking facts, I bet you have never seen any part of the proposed bill

It's no the same with Trump executive order

Or you want to tell us it's the same?
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Beautyaddy: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
King44:
have you forgotten that that same tool can be used used for something good and still be termed bad if I am in govt, I throw you to jail and back it up by the law and your lawyers won't be able to do anything about it.

Things has both good and bad sides but when you see only the bad you would kill all the whole good it could have offered which is more than the bad.

Mind you this gvt don't know the difference between constructive criticism and hate speech, everything is hate speech. That is the essence of having a primary school cert as a president over well educated and decent elites

As crazy as America is with crazy Donald his won't dare something like this in US because civil unrest would cripple his gvt

Why would any Sane person be comparing the Shithole Dictator Ruled Country Called Nigeria with a Democratic Republic Advanced Country of which the Freedom of Speech and the Press is already embedded in the Country's Constitution

Nigeria's One Sided and Demonically Corrupt Constitution Does Not Grants its Nigerian Citizens Freedom of Speech or the Press.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Mrpojj(m): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Great move, Nigeria is edging towards major disaster if we don't control our cyberspace from some wicked bloggers and inciteful ,fictitious ,Libelous post made by crazy people

Only in an unregulated lawless Nigerian Social Media space would a lady wake up and accuse a stranger of rape on her Twitter page, or a scammer clone your account and steal your pictures and start impersonating you to use your profile to beg people for money and scam people

U sound very naive to the real agenda of that bill

1 Like

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Benwallt(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
As if the care about us. They can pass whatever they wanna pass. I refused to be affected. In as much as I see power to charge this my phone I can type n say anything I want. If the make the cities hot I will relocate to the village n do my social media from there. Aioncare about senate shit
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by idafa2018: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nigeria,never short of bad news
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Mgbadike80: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Golan007:

Nobody is even giving you any gift talkless of a greek one.
nor are we taking any, how is the restructuring that APC/Tinubu promised you in 2015 ? I hope that you're enjoying the gift?
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by seunayantokun(m): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
SmartProf:

It's great to you cos it will solve all of Nigeria's most important problems immediately I guess?

Leave him alone please.
He is a BMC employee. He has to do the job to get paid but his employers in their Aso Corner will call him a 'useful idiot'. They don't see their own children as idiots but that is how they see him and he doesn't know, thinking the job is the best thing that ever happened to him.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by Basher8583: 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:

Misinformation, social media fraud, fake news, inciteful social media post this are current problems the world is dealing with, having a legal framework on prosecuting crimes relating to online crimes is a good move

Spot on.
That SmartProf is not smart at all
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by JasperVII(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nigeria is ripe... For disintegration.
BIAFRA IS THE ONLY WAY!!!

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by EMMY76: 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Buhari and his fulani sadists muslim extremists brothers should continue signing sharia bills as they like but they should also make sure that the presidency does come down south in 2023 because if it does all these sharia bills will all definitely be reversed.
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by TheBedWench: 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
We hurl truth at falsehood until we smash out its brains

Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by passiveincome01: 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
really
Re: Senate To Pass Social Media Bill Despite Rejection By Nigerians -SaharaReporters by TheBedWench: 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sahara Reporters is an online news agency based in New York City that focuses on promoting citizen journalism by encouraging everyday people to report stories about corruption, human rights abuses and other political misconduct in Nigeria.Wikipedia

Owner: Omoyele Sowore

Founder: Omoyele Sowore

Founded: 2006

Headquarters location: New York, NY

Type of business: News agency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shangisa Landlords Responsible For Magodo Take-Over, Not Lagos Govt Or Tinubu / Kayode Opeifa's House Shot At By Gunmen / Shekau Must Be Captured Dead Or Alive Within 40 Days - Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.