Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. (5994 Views)

Why Do Most Adults Hold Their Phones While Walking? / Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones / Xiaomi Will Become Third Largest Smartphone Vendor Globally In 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by trojan84(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
sagieramos:

So it's your own opinion we should be using as a criteria for rating smartphones?
Performance test: antutu and geekbench
Lenses and Camera: DXOmark
Unified graphics test: GFXbench
All of those tools listed above are provided so that anyone wanting to get a new gadget (be it a phone or a computer) can know what the gadget is able to deliver.
Humans are emotional and are prone to be sentimental in settling matters like this, hence they might lead you base on their opinion, in such opinion most times are limited to their knowledge.
Have you used all the phones I was comparing to know which is better? If you haven't used them, then why would I listen to you over some tools design for such specific purpose?
I would rather use a measuring tape to measure a distance than asking someone to guess it, the same is true for benchmarking tools

I never said you should use it at all, I am only pointing out the fact that long term usage or usage at all is the main thing. I don't know if you have experienced a phone that really checked out in all those and still performs lesser than than another with lower benchmark in real world use
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by sagieramos(m): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
trojan84:

I never said you should use it at all, I am only pointing out the fact that long term usage or usage at all is the main thing. I don't know if you have experienced a phone that really checked out in all those and still performs lesser than than another with lower benchmark in real world use
True... Mostly happen to some esynos model after few months usage
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by RealEzee(m): 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
sagieramos:

So it's your own opinion we should be using as a criteria for rating smartphones?
Performance test: antutu and geekbench
Lenses and Camera: DXOmark
Unified graphics test: GFXbench
All of those tools listed above are provided so that anyone wanting to get a new gadget (be it a phone or a computer) can know what the gadget is able to deliver.
Humans are emotional and are prone to be sentimental in settling matters like this, hence they might lead you base on their opinion, in such opinion most times are limited to their knowledge.
Have you used all the phones I was comparing to know which is better? If you haven't used them, then why would I listen to you over some tools design for such specific purpose?
I would rather use a measuring tape to measure a distance than asking someone to guess it. The same is true for benchmarking tools
exactly bud.
There are standard testing tools to guide us in making decisions yet some folks tend to rule it out and bring sentiments into discussions in regards to brands, such no dey make discussions edifying at all, been fueled by emotional attachment to brands instead of facts.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by zakkyzakes: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
chibike69:
grin

Mi 10 ultra beat all huawei flagship combined together.
its prolly gon be exclusive to only china and and they did'nt try to use 865+ there a'int really big diff btw the phone nd huawei p40 pro+
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by sagieramos(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
RealEzee:
exactly bud.
There are standard testing tools to guide us in making decisions yet some folks tend to rule it out and bring sentiments into discussions in regards to brands, such no dey make discussions edifying at all, been fueled by emotional attachment to brands instead of facts.
Some niggas eh, just because I compare mi 10 ultra to Galaxy S20+, they just dey brag and jump-up like chicken. One even claim say in dey use iPhone 11 and Galaxy S10 combined lolzzz, anyway that one no concern me ja re
They don forget say Samsung open-and-close was regarded as chinko for the time of Nokia 3110c or Motorola Razr
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Telvin7(m): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
trojan84:

Back your claim with proof biko
Google is your friend ..
Come back with proof too.
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by RealEzee(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2020
sagieramos:

Some niggas eh, just because I compare mi 10 ultra to Galaxy S20+, they just dey brag and jump-up like chicken. One even claim say in dey use iPhone 11 and Galaxy S10 combined lolzzz, anyway that one no concern me ja re
They don forget say Samsung open-and-close was regarded as chinko for the time of Nokia 3110c or Motorola Razr
grin as In ehnnn, folks don't get it at times guun, when facts are placed on the table make we keep sentiments one side, but mehnnn da mi 10 ultra na beast of no nation oooo, damn they went hard on that device, and to imagine these guys are barely 10years in the industry and already having 4th in market share mehnn they really growing big time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by AmosAkins: 12:36am On Aug 30, 2020
errrmmm
I dont think y'all shoulf compare Apple to most Android..Apples softwares are optimized since they run on less than 15variants ....I think apple have faster processors ....

But flagship android device come with too much ram ..like the mi Ultra or S20 and that covers up for android flaws
All in all ..android is more customizable and I would rather get a pixel which is android but gives me apple device feel..If I ever wanted to use something like an iPhone
the hot8 is a better device than spark 4
My friend's hot 8 lags or stutters precisely while playing COD on lowest settings? and you say spark4 will be better?
the spark5 pro ..has less than 100k on Antun tu while 9A boasts of 102k ?
Maybe the 9A u got has problems tho
But dont expect heaven and earth on budget devices!

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Adasun(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2020
MJBOLT:
even the CEO of transision uses a xiaomi phone.

[s][/s]
u don mean it grin
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by edoairways: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2020
thesolutions:
USSD takes ages to complete. If you don't have the short code to carry out mobile transaction, you will be timed out before you could complete the transaction. That is another observation. My Tecno W2 only does that when the network is poor. R9A doing this in 4g network is bad.
I noticed this as well
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Youngpo413: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2020
lanre316:

Apt!

Each is good in their own lane.

Even itel is good in affordability to common Nigerian.

I use Redmi (Note 7 pro) , it gives me great performance for the price I paid. Value king.

Samsung is the king of smartphones overall. High-end Samsungs are in the league of iPhones. Classy. Only ignorants will argue this.

Oneplus and Huawei are a blend of value/performance for money and class.

Transsion is the savior of the common Nigerian who wants to use smartphones specifically made affordable for Nigerians who don't see beyond made-for-Nigeria phones.

I see no need to argue, honestly. Each one should go for what suits them best.

I wish everyone can reason like you.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by thesolutions(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
Barely 2days and I'm having irritation on my eyes. Redmi remains a junior. Huawei is unrivaled by Redmi.
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Zeroenochone(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
thesolutions:
Barely 2days and I'm having irritation on my eyes. Redmi remains a junior. Huawei is unrivaled by Redmi.

Sorry ehn
Buh that redmi 9a isn't a great device for it's price, you probably should have made more findings before purchasing it

But I don't think you should generalise the comparison of the brands because you got one phone and it isn't working out well.....
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by thesolutions(m): 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Sorry ehn
Buh that redmi 9a isn't a great device for it's price, you probably should have made more findings before purchasing it

But I don't think you should generalise the comparison of the brands because you got one phone and it isn't working out well.....
I'm not comparing it with some big device. just with my old Huawei honor 4x which has lower specs than the new redmi 9A.
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by thesolutions(m): 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
Alot is wrong with this phone. It is breaking alot of records. Just finished installing union bank app the phone is already showing adds on the union bank app.

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Harrykn: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
thesolutions:

Now I have 3 phones for nothing.
bros, no vex abeg throw me one allah bless cus person here no get even one andriod phone this year nor money to buy in this remaining month xcept miracle burst. Anyone out of the two old ones, i'll arrange for transport
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by thesolutions(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2020
Harrykn:
bros, no vex abeg throw me one allah bless cus person here no get even one andriod phone this year nor money to buy in this remaining month xcept miracle burst. Anyone out of the two old ones, i'll arrange for transport
Sorry. still planning on selling off the Redmi 9A. I will be managing the other 2 like I have.
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Karex81(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2020
thesolutions:
Alot is wrong with this phone. It is breaking alot of records. Just finished installing union bank app the phone is already showing adds on the union bank app.
It seems you are using a budget device, cause i have never seen this ads in my mi 9t since i bought it. Is it chinese or indian variant? Moreover you can get rid of the ads yourself. Click that settings icon in the picture you posted and off recieve app recommendation.
Even Samsung galaxy shows ads in thier weather apps, and galaxy store. Transsion own is the worse you even see them on your lockscreen.

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by Harrykn: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2020
thesolutions:

Sorry. still planning on selling off the Redmi 9A. I will be managing the other 2 like I have.
aiit
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by talkcash: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
khingTony:

What sort of Fucckery is this undecided
Fucckery kill u dere
Re: Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. by abdurrazaq(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
I have used Redmi 9 for about a month before I got a gift of Huawei y8p. They may not be in the same category (maybe Y8p may be a mid-range device) but, the experience with Y8p has been nothing less of awesomeness. I believe the y8p should be compared with the Xiaomi Note 9S or Pro for fairness.

Xiaomi is rugged and the company is ambitious. The battery life of their devices is superb.
Huawei is a combination beauty and beast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Screen-shot On My Android Phone? / Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! / Who Make These Type Of Phones And Who's Selling Them??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.