Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative (215 Views)

Owerri Man Says That People Who Attended March For Obi Were Imported (Video) / Bashir El-Rufai To His Wife: 'I Married Someone Much Smarter Than Me' / Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki's Handshake That People Are Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative by AlexBells(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2020
In the wave of constant backlash on nairaland and nairaland CEO, we core nairalanders have to begin to appreciate our forum in our own way, Because Seun had not decided to sell us all off for the money doesn't mean that he or nairaland is not enterprising.

Yes he has not given up our anonymity and simplicity and that's their anger...Despite how faceless this forum is, Seun knows most of us and imagine if he decides to give out these information to interested bodies like FBI, Interpol, DSS, EFCC, Nigerian police or thereabouts...

The story of how Invictus Obi was cought through his nairaland profile is another and many more in the wanted list have their information here on nairaland.

Back to promoting nairaland in positive light.
I have noticed a very smart and creative crop of people on nairaland, not saying that there are no dumb ones here but there are methods to most stupidity here...

From the command of English language, I see less erroneous write up here, unlike Facebook, twitter or even Instagram, nairaland seem to have a better grammatical sphere...

When you meet nairalanders in real life, they are a little different but not entirely different from the people they are online but one thing I have come to realise is that I had never met a nairalander who is not serious in life.

Most nairalanders are living their fantasy life here on nairaland, most very tribal ones are not tribal in real life like the Grill seller, he could be the least tribalist, I believe when you meet the damn Niger guy, he could be the most cool headed guy in the planet and that Righteousness guy could be the baddest bad ass but it don't come in the way of his real life, Ubunja could be a sissy and Lala may be really phobic about snakes. For CEO Seun, despite his eccentricity he is as soft as milk.

Coming back to the ingenuity of nairaland, nairaland has this flavour that even other big forums like quora, reddit etc lacks, it is this ability to create solutions Expressing emotions, comic, sensibility and support...Most other forums lacks emotions at best...Emotion is human nature it ought not give way to logic and factual approaches.

So now you know why some of us hang around nairaland more despite the environment that scents of tribalism, politics, extremism and etc etc, it is more about who we are than an issue with nairaland as platform...

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative by Simvan: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative by Gang90: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2020
For me I had noticed that despite nairaland's rather decided outlook atimes we still got one voice and many times we could be also empathic
Re: Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative by meobizy(f): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
That was a good read but lead nowhere.
Re: Nairalanders: Has Anyone Noticed That People Are Way Smarter And More Creative by AlexBells(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
meobizy:
That was a good read but lead nowhere.
Thank You, just take am as you see am oo, Lol

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Trip: Ngige Wants 12 Anambra Monarchs Banished, Arthur Eze Punished / PDP Beats APC Hands-down In Ebonyi, Clears All Council Polls From Joseph Obukata / If Nigeria Really Needs Breakthrough ,give Igbo A Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.