Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: (2068 Views)

Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury / Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! / Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hi fellow NL, i just got back from a trip to ogbomosho, i can authoritatively tell you thats the dirtiest and backward state in the SW, i thought my governor OHAKIM was the worst governor but AKALA beats him hands down, if AKALA WINS OYO STATE in April, OYO STATE WILL BE DOOMED.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by komando7(m): 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
Let me bring bucket incase the tears become a flowing river.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Beaf: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2011
Oyo state has always looked that way, but they have the biggest agric enterprises and a comparatively high GDP; its not all about industries and glass buildings.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by excanny: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
The veil that's covering the SW's unclothedness is Lagos. Everything else is a dead log. BTW, it's no news.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Coolabbie: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2011
Wen u hv an agbero, whose major preoccupation is throwing owambe parties & bleaching his skin, as a governor u shudnt expect anything less.
komando7:

Let me bring bucket incase the tears become a flowing river.
grin A dam 2 control it wuld also be appropriate
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by fstranger3(m): 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2011
Coolabbie:

Wen u hv an agbero, whose major preoccupation is throwing owambe parties & bleaching his skin, as a governor u shudnt expect anything less. grin A dam 2 control it wuld also be appropriate

Arrantus Nonsensicus

The more you post here, the less intelligent you look. Romance!, Romance!! Romance!!!
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by seanet02: 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2011
While i will not dispute the fact that akala is one of the worst governors in the south west, i would say you start a new thread on Ohakim who is the worst in Nigeria
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Coolabbie: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2011
fstranger3:

Arrantus Nonsensicus

The more you post here, the less intelligent you look. Romance!, Romance!! Romance!!!
Wateva. Btw why dont u get a lyf & quit stalking me
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by fstranger3(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2011
Coolabbie:

Wateva. Btw why dont u get a lyf & quit stalking me

I am showing you tough love. It is for your own good ooooo
T'aba fi owo otun b'omo wi, atun fi t'osi famora

Heed to my advice and we will be fine

I am not stalking you, what is there to stalk in you?
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by KnowAll(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
Ibadan is still the cheapest town to live in if you are a diasparas thinking of re-locating to Nigeria. food is cheap, rent is cheap, it is less congested unlike lagos. And you can go to lagos do whatever u want to do and be back in Ibadan within the same day. So when it comes to livability it is the city to be in Nigeria. Obviously if you have tons of money Abuja, Island in Lagos and Port-harcourt are more modern city.

The only thing Oyo State needs now is to have a progressive Governor who would push the state a notch up into the next level. Whilst many cities have gone three notches upwards since the early 90's Ibadan and Oyo state has been frozen in time.

Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by komando7(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2011
The only governor who has performed above average in Nigeria is Fashola. I give him 7 over ten. The next governor should get 4 over ten, whoever that is.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by rebranded(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
its Ok. .Akala is leaving in April

We are taking my state back. .
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by IVORY2009(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
Oyo state, I was der yesterday, and I could not believe wat I saw, posters of politicans every where, including churches, schools, major road etc, posters of dat of formal Governor Rashid Ladoja was der too contesting for Governor, wat a shame on Christopher Ayao Akala's admisnistration.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by foreman: 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
excanny:

The veil that's covering the SW's unclothedness is Lagos. Everything else is a dead log. BTW, it's no news.

You may not be wrong
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by fstranger3(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^

Whatever fries your akara

Are we still talking about the 99 to 1 Igbo to Yoruba ratio in Lagos?
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by NnamdiN: 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
seanet02:

i would say you start a new thread on Ohakim who is the worst in Nigeria
stop it bro, that's an insult to T.A Orji of Abia State who is d current undisputed champion. He's won d trophy 4 straight times.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by seanet02: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2011
NnamdiN:

stop it bro, that's an insult to T.A Orji of Abia State who is d current undisputed champion. He's won d trophy 4 straight times.
grin
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
so the fight for the worst governor is now akala and T.A orji, i cant believe ohakim didnt beat this guys, well time will tell
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by EzeUche2(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
Why is [b]fstanger [/b]always stalking women on Nairaland? There is something seriously wrong with that man.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by komando7(m): 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2011
Let me add that the if Ndigbo had been allowed to choose their real governors without undue interference from silly outsiders, we would have the best gopvernors, and not the worst. Enough said.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by komando7(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
Or seanet, am I lying?
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2011
bukola saraki of kwara is the no1

after eight years of governance, that guy achieved these:

shonga farm - a hoax

ganmo power plant - worked for less than two month and we've been in consistence darkness since then

kwara state university - non-affordable tuition even for indigenes

kwmc - an enviromental sanitation agency

a fly-over funded by the federal government

planting of flowers, trees while the poverty rate is alarming and he is always renovating the government house

a massive protest was held days back by aggrieved residents of offa garage area in ilorin because of an abandoned road project which have claimed not less than five lives owning to the heavy dusty particles that fills the air of the area yet the governor says that the road shall be completed by the next administration. Most of the casualties were asthmatic patients.

No governor beats bukola to it abeg, those things you see via the media and on newspaper pages na just formats and packaging.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by aspabay(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2011
@Poster
We are already weeping for ourselfs in OYO State.
Our governor spends state resources for bleaching creams, rings and taking photographs
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by yemmight(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2011
And this is the state where our President went and started raining praises on PDP and calling performing govs rascals. Honestly that GEJ does not have any political idea.

1 Like

Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by foreman: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

Why is [b]fstanger [/b]always stalking women on Nairaland? There is something seriously wrong with that man.

May be the guy dey impo jare
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by bashr4: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2011
AM LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO ONITSHA YOU WILL KNOW YOU LIVE IN HEAVEN WHETHER IBADAN OO ABIO OR IMO , ONITSHA AND AWKA IS AN EYE SORE , PETER OBI MIGHT NOT BE THE WORSE GOV BUT HE IS THE MOST SLUGISH HUMAN RESIDING IN NIGERIA.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by NnamdiN: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2011
^^
Oga I was recently at Osha and Awka, d two cities put 2geda cannot beat Abia state(precisely Aba) in terms of being dirty.
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Onlytruth(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Don't be embarrassed. Abi you nor know before?
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2011
osha nd awka and aba put together cant be compared to ibadan, i am from the SE. oyo state dirttttyyyy ooo
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by Jeel: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2011
God de
Re: If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You: by NnamdiN: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2011
chuks01:

osha nd awka and aba put together cant be compared to ibadan, i am from the SE. oyo state dirttttyyyy ooo
lol wicked grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Gej And Okonjo-iweala Cia Agents? / Evidence That Buhari Sponsors Boko Haram / Shocker: "People Around Me Are Clueless" - Says Mallam Elrufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.