Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant (42450 Views)

Demystifying CNG in Automobiles / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Keke (Pictures) / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Granite & Automated Plant- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ehinmowo: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2020
I should have been happy with this. But honestly, I detest assembly. There are over 45 assembly plants in Nigeria. Most of them are non functional.

Currently, there no car manufacturing firm in Nigeria. Innoson may be getting one or two parts from NIgeria, but in the end, they are all glorified assembly plants.

Assembly plants is not what we need now. We need indigenous manufacturing brands to colonise Africa. Not Chinese shit!

5 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Ooni: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:

I am an igbo guy and as much as I appreciate innoson, he does not manufacture shiiit.

Na reassemble him dey do
I didn't ask your tribe. My point is that yorubaland can not grow by assembling things imported in a container

5 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by winterfell007(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:

Spirit of quoting is in u, did u Even understand simple Statement, n I wonder how ohaneze ndigbo set in here.

I understood completely the inner meanings of what you typed earlier. Did Innoson complain to you? I'm sick and tired of you folks making the igbos people look a bunch of 'hateful, spiteful cry babies' quit it. It's not cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by TimeTraveller: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:
This is a welcome development in many areas, but if INNOSON is from the north I doubt if they will allow any competitor to set in, the FG would hv bound d importation of cars since.

Far from tribalism am just stating the obvious

You are obviously very silly. No government has supported Innoson like Buhari's. GEJ didn't even do half. Even Southeast governors don't patronize Innoson. Don't be silly...

8 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Lorechino(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2020
winterfell007:

I understood completely the inner meanings of what you typed earlier. Did Innoson complain to you? I'm sick and tired of you folks making the igbos people look a bunch of 'hateful, spiteful cry babies' quit it. It's not cool

If truly u understood me earlier I doubt u would react in that manner, even we u pose ur self as a patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by KushLyon(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2020
gentiles:

Innoson does not manufacture cars, they only assemble parts imported from China, innoson and Nord are the same

Yimu, 70% of the materials Innoson use in manufacturing cars are sourced locally, stay there and be deceiving yourself grin

9 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Lorechino(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2020
TimeTraveller:

You are obviously very silly. No government has supported Innoson like Buhari's. GEJ didn't even do half. Even Southeast governors don't patronize Innoson. Don't be silly...

Pls take bk that ur word 'silly' n never repeat that again.

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by bignero: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2020
AfroKnight:

That’s for regulators to decide not you. Mail them if you have any questions.

Olodo..

Anyways when you begin buy car, you go understand.. Because whrn it crashes, its the regulators that will save you from dying.

Like renting a house, and your ask the landlord if there will be bathroom and toilet and hes says thats his business and not yours.

4 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by futurism: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:
I didn't ask your tribe. My point is that yorubaland can not grow by assembling things imported in a container
who told you that they can't? I believe you are an igbo person like myself hiding behind a yoruba title.

You know one problem igbos have? Boasting, pride and ego!

E go shock you as dem go over take Innoson and they will do so by being MORE organized.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Jaapu: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:
This is a welcome development in many areas, but if INNOSON is from the north I doubt if they will allow any competitor to set in, the FG would hv bound d importation of cars since.

This is very foolish reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
Chinese trash. Just like the other trash warehouse at Nnewi.

Instead of mounting a Toyota assembling units here, people are wasting their time with substandard trash that would never be profitable.

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Cherez: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2020
Kai! See ride
I think I'm beginning to like Nigeria again ooo
You see our politicians, they're heartless and some of us go their way
People like this wonderful guy are the ones we ought to emulate
May this company outgrow the dreams of its owner
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by winterfell007(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:
who told you that they can't? I believe you are an igbo person like myself hiding behind a yoruba title.

E go shock you as dem go over take Innoson and they will do so by being MORE organized.

That God we have other igbos that are seeing things pragmatically without being unnecessarily sentimental. We are becoming too boastful unnecessarily, we boastful in a very rude way and we've got to change that mentality.
Don't blow your own trumpet, let someone else do it for you

4 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Cherez: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
emrain:
Chinese trash. Just like the other trash warehouse at Nnewi.

Instead of mounting a Toyota assembling units here, people are wasting their time with substandard trash that would never be profitable.
NL mods, do you guys see this kind of useless people and not ban them?
I don't understand, someone whom has not built a plastic toy talking nonsense
Bros, the words I have for you if I speak you'll regret your life. F....l

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2020
this is an assembly plant not production

That was what the Lagos media said about Innoson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Menance: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
So after criticizing IVM they decided to tow the path they claimed their boss towed. Kiakiakia grin

Dogs will always eat their vomit. Follow your bosses well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Bbbwings: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
24SEVEN:

So we will surely get there by importing car parts manufactured overseas, possibly in China and then assemble and couple in Nigeria. Is that how to get there?? Don't you know it's almost akin to importing the finished product. Still Same shit different paper.

And please, spell divide properly.
Don't mind them.
Very myopic set of people
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Cherez:

NL mods, do you guys see this kind of useless people and not ban them?
I don't understand, someone whom has not built a plastic toy talking nonsense
Bros, the words I have for you if I speak you'll regret your life. F....l

it was exactly what the Western crowds were saying when innoson opened shop

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Cherez: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:

Leave Igbos and face the guy
Are you not as heartless as the guy by hating on IVM and already praying for his hardwork to have a slow progress
What do you gain from this rubbish?
Igbo indeed you're

4 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ginovera: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
AfroKnight:

That’s for regulators to decide not you. Mail them if you have any questions.
He is Mr Sabina grin

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
This is beautiful, lets go Nigeria!!

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Menance:
So after criticizing IVM they decided to tow the path they claimed their boss towed. Kiakiakia grin

Dogs will always eat their vomit. Follow your bosses well

don't mind the clowns....very hateful lot

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Menance: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Bulldozer90:
So, it is a local plant of a foreign car manufacturer?

Yes obviously. Follow follow no good

The world GATS know this is CDK. I'm not even sure any of its parts is sourced locally grin

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Cherez: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
ariesbull:

it was exactly what the Western crowds were saying when innoson opened shop
I understand but not all of them
And you don't wanna be like someone who misbehaves
These kinds of words I see aches me
Your fellow young guy doing much and you sir your unemployed ass and talk gibberish
Mehn, I'm.pained

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Emmanuelhector(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:

I am an igbo guy and as much as I appreciate innoson, he does not manufacture shiiit.

Na reassemble him dey do
Afonja skull miner.. Hate wont let you see videos of Innoson manufacturing plant with stages of their productions that is all over the Internet.. Nord should show us some too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by hush15: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://businessday.ng/transport/article/nord-assembly-plant-opens-to-meet-nigerias-automotive-demand/amp//

The only way to make it popular is to make affordable such that with 2 or 3 million, you can get a good sedan and 5 or 6million, you can get an SUV for the middle income and low income.

Don't worry about the rich cos they won't leave their Bentleys and Rolls Royce

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
igbos rarely forget...the remembered how the Lagos crowd especially here in Nairaland was talking trash when innoson started....only to copy years after...

respect your masters

when. the folks in Aba started sewing facemask during the corona Virus, Lagos crowd was blowing big grammar...only for them to start seeing sewing it in shops in Lagos

respect your masters

Igbo don't forget

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Afonja skull miner.. Hate wont let you see videos of Innoson manufacturing plant with stages of their productions that is all over the Internet.. Nord should show us some too.

what NORD is doing is just coupling, I call it a coupling plant while 70% of innoson is source and manufactured in Nigeria.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by 27Pushing30: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Hauptmann:
The day I saw the back of this beatiful truck, I instantly knew it was a CKD unit from one of the numerous chinese auto manufacturers, very similar to Innoson.

It is a rebadged Huanghai N3A chinese truck, not manufactured in Nigeria.

Takes nothing away from the truck though. We all have to start from somewhere.

This is embarrassing

Yet people wonder why IVM and surely this one will not be fancied much by the masses.

Originality is important
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by tot(f): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:

The sky is big enough for all birds to fly in. This unhealthy competition you want to start is unnecessary.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by God1stson(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
ehinmowo:
I should have been happy with this. But honestly, I detest assembly. There are over 45 assembly plants in Nigeria. Most of them are non functional.

Currently, there no car manufacturing firm in Nigeria. Innoson may be getting one or two parts from NIgeria, but in the end, they are all glorified assembly plants.

Assembly plants is not what we need now. We need indigenous manufacturing brands to colonise Africa. Not Chinese shit!
U are wrong. Innoson is into manufacturing and assembly. I have watched the manufacturing plant in u tube and tvc docs. All the vehicle skeleton is manufactured in Nigeria, most of the plastic components are manufactured in his plastic factories. He imports engine and transmission systems like most other big automobile brands.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World / "Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw" Some Outstanding Cars Used In The Movie / Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.