Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant (42449 Views)

Demystifying CNG in Automobiles / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Keke (Pictures) / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Granite & Automated Plant- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by alhrms: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
This looks https://kitodiet.me/! Looks exactly like a FORD.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by delpee(f): 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Both Innoson and Nord are assembled versions of Chinese Autos. It's a good effort all the same.

Still, the important thing is to increase the local content over time to boost our economy, create employment and lower costs of the vehicles. It's a win win for the country if properly managed over time.

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by RuggedSniper: 4:15am On Aug 31, 2020
Oduduwa707:

INNOSON who, when there's a NORD? WTF?
PROFORCE in Ogun State has also built combat/mine-resistant APCs or vehicles for the Nigerian Military and for export without making a noice or bragging since 2011. The U.S-trained Adetokunbo Ogundeyin owns the manufacturing company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Oduduwa707: 4:23am On Aug 31, 2020
RuggedSniper:
PROFORCE in Ogun State has also built combat/mine-resistant APCs or vehicles for the Nigerian Military and for export without making a noice or bragging since 2011. The U.S-trained Adetokunbo Ogundeyin owns the manufacturing company.

It's in our DNA... Greatness! We quietly go about it without any noise UNLIKE those savages from the SE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by RuggedSniper: 8:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Oduduwa707:

It's in our DNA... Greatness! We quietly go about it without any noise UNLIKE those savages from the SE.
grin...WORD! PROFORCE may deliberately be flying below the radar because they operate in the sensitive defence industry from out of Ogun State. In the 1970s, the brilliant engineer, late Prof. Olajide Awojobi of UNILAG invented the AUTONOV 1 car that can be driven from the front and back. Nigeria has brilliant minds across all ethnicities. Picture below of PROFORCE ARA (i.e., THUNDER in Yoruba) made for the Nigerian Army in 2018/2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Menance: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gotze1:
Mumu, who criticizes IVM. When we have JAC, Proforce and now Nord.

No be only JAC what of JVC. Ewu
pro force & ford are both car parts dealers.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by burac: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
The design is nice but as a fully MANUFACTURING PLANT do we think such can be done within such square area of land. ASSEMBLING can't even be done in such a space. So let's not got carried away and ask the important questions. NORD you can say you are a car sales dealer representing the manufacturer in Nigeria at the moment. Then I can see that as what it is.

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by babyboy4every1: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2020
aybabz101:
well this is a good development, at least we have to start somewhere.

I think new innovators, inventor and investors needs to be thinking about the future as regards cars and energy. I recently saw a documentary and it amazes me how far Tesla has gone as regards battery power.

Apart from the fact that teslas electric cars can travel to hundreds of miles before recharging, their electric car advancement is top notch. these cars can run on autopilot and has several soft safety gadgets such as impact detection.

Apart from electric cars, teslas batteries -using the wind mill as a source of kinetic energy- are now used as an electric grid to supply electricity to a whole town.

The world is moving away gradually from fossil fuels and moving towards eco- friendly alternatives. Its is a matter of when before fossil becomes obsolete.

But I trust naija sha, we go still taste Bugatti veron as a Tunkunbo when these things are happening.

Only God knows what our government is doing about research. most of these technologies the world enjoys today are either pioneered by the US military or sponsored by the US government. Internet was from the US military including Wi-Fi. it will also surprise u that the first investor in google was the CIA; the CIA sponsored the research of Google founders Larry page and sergie bin. But all 9ja government does is to embezzle the little we have and spend the rest on frivolities.
The US never discover the web. It's from Switzerland (Berners-Lee) discovered it.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
Even looks stronger than a Ford kinda, don't you think bro?
ProfAmaben:
This looks very good! Looks exactly like a FORD.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ProfAmaben(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
Ferizu:
Even looks stronger than a Ford kinda, don't you think bro?
I think so, I hope it's better than a Ford so we could have easy access in case we want one.

1 Like

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Same here
ProfAmaben:

I think so, I hope it's better than a Ford so we could have easy access in case we want one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World / Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan / "Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw" Some Outstanding Cars Used In The Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.