Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua (1373 Views)

The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) / T.B. Joshua “Delivers” 2 Lesbian Partners During Church Service (Photos) / T.B Joshua Gives N4.4m To Libya Deportees This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
The Life and Times of T.B. Joshua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YIz8dRiYsw
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2021
It is said that there was no taking of the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion, Eucharist) in the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN).

Any confirmation of this by any member or worshipper here?

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2021
Petra1 any comments?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2021
sagenaija:
Petra1 any comments?

Bisola has a spiritual problem . multiple personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5XatZHxsA
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
petra1:

I actually meant this:
It is said that there was no taking of the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion, Eucharist) in the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN).

Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
sagenaija:

I actually meant this:

Ive not seen them do communion but im certain they dont have anything against it either .

The man didnt know eveeything . He grew gradually in knowledge of God and the bible . He didn't grow under a church sustem neither was trained by a mentor in doctrine . He was not even making altar calls for years unti few years ago. moving from.being a prophet and seer is different from being a Pastor.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
petra1:

Ive not seen them do communion but im certain they dont have anything against it either .

The man didnt know eveeything . He grew gradually in knowledge of God and the bible . He didn't grow under a church sustem neither was trained by a mentor in doctrine . He was not even making altar calls for years unti few years ago. moving from.being a prophet and seer is different from being a Pastor.
Are you confirming that they don't administer the Lord's Supper but they don't have anything against it?

Are you also suggesting that as he did not grow under a church sustem nor was trained by a mentor in doctrine he may not have known about the Holy Communion in order for him to carry it out in his church?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
sagenaija:

Are you confirming that they don't administer the Lord's Supper but they don't have anything against it?

Are you also suggesting that as he did not grow under a church sustem nor was trained by a mentor in doctrine he may not have known about the Holy Communion in order for him to carry it out in his church?

The point is ive never heard them do it. and i dont believe they have any doctrine against it . besides not Every church have a structured communion service.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2021
petra1:

The point is ive never heard them do it. and i dont believe they have any doctrine against it . besides not Every church have a structured communion service.
Aren't you surprised that no one from SCOAN has contributed to this discussion on this thread? I am.

It's equally interesting that all the inputs in Nairaland on issues are about the externals. Nothing about core spiritual issues. How come?

The major purpose of the giving of the leadership spiritual gifts to the church is to raise matured believers. Ephesians tells us that - "...... to FULLY equip and perfect the saints for works of service, to build up the body of Christ...." (4:12).
I dare say that 99% of pastors in Nigeria fail in this respect. They want to be 'up there' and the members 'down there'. That is why many on Nairaland will be asking questions that a new convert of a few days follow up would have known and be convinced of.

Now, back to our matter:
Recall that Apostle Paul's initial spiritual development was not within the circle of the original apostles. Yet he received teaching on the Lord's Supper. It's our high point of worship. In these days and age where access to information is literally at our fingertips anyone who comes to know the Lord and who may even be unable to read can watch videos or listen to audio and gain knowledge. So, the fact that a man did not grow under a structured church system or a physical mentor does not mean that he cannot be exposed to information on core doctrines of the Scripture. Paul's own experience is there for us to see.

It is usually said that the last words of a dying man are not about flippant issues but serious and important things. Jesus Christ instituted the Holy Communion at the tail end of his time on earth. That should tell us something. He literally changed the old order. The Passover was to be replaced by the new because a new order was to begin. Could any tribe of Israel have chosen not to continue in the Passover? Will they not then be denying their deliverance?

The early church was said to be devoted to: the teachings of the apostles, and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. These are basics. Are we to say that today's church has outgrown these or can disregard any of them?

No matter how attractive a person is or how self-effacing he may be, the true TEST of spirituality is the doctrinal issues and how far they line up with the word of God. Using any other way of evaluation can lead into error and being deceived.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
sagenaija:

It's equally interesting that all the inputs in Nairaland on issues are about the externals. Nothing about core spiritual issues. How come?

imputes by who? i dont get that

The major purpose of the giving of the leadership spiritual gifts to the church is to raise matured believers. Ephesians tells us that - "...... to FULLY equip and perfect the saints for works of service, to build up the body of Christ...." (4:12).

i agree

I dare say that 99% of pastors in Nigeria fail in this respect.

We cant generalise

They want to be 'up there' and the members 'down there

We are not in their mind. it may be a risk to assume

Now, back to our matter:
Recall that Apostle Paul's initial spiritual development was not within the circle of the original apostles. Yet he received teaching on the Lord's Supper. It's our high point of worship. In these days and age where access to information is literally at our fingertips anyone who comes to know the Lord and who may even be unable to read can watch videos or listen to audio and gain knowledge. So, the fact that a man did not grow under a structured church system or a physical mentor does not mean that he cannot be exposed to information on core doctrines of the Scripture. Paul's own experience is there for us to see.

I get your Point . W have no excuse to be ignorant in a world overloaded with information.

But we have two issues here . firstly it is a Christian thing to learn and knkw the word of God . But a lit has to do with your intellect too.

But the second thing has to do with calling. Tb Joshua was a Prophet. or a Seer . Their responsibility is to See. Most Prophets Cant teach. Some even teach wrongly. many times God use uneducated Men and annoit them. They have a prrsonal responsibility to develop themselves in the bible as a christuan but some may not see such need because God didnt tell them . He apprwrs to them ,whisoers to th ,show them Visions . They see video and audio from heaven . They are satisfied . wuth their call. They are not even supoosed to run a church. You have to be called to be Pastor and Teacher to run a church

thats where the issue is. if a prophet want to run a church its either he employs a resident Pastor to feed the flock while he is always doing moutain ,fasting etc . or alternatively the prophetsublit himself to the tutelage od a teacher.

it is not enough to read the bible . some Prophets tried entrening teaching and end up turning the bible upside down.
My opinion is that they just focus on their vision ,Prophecy ,healing ,miracles and let another teach .

The founder of cherubim was illitrate God used him.mightily to heal and prophesy.

The fouder of Celestial was illiterate. same way God use him as prophet and healer.

but imagine yhey don't wear shoe just because he read the bible where God yold moses to.pull his shoe. see?

The founder of Redeemed Pa Akidayomi was illiterate also They all towed the white garmet aladura style . but when Adeboye who became his interpreter took over him being educated changed the structure of the church . knowledge came in. no.more white garment .

Tb Joshua came like that. it wasneven worse . He was mixing islam and chritianity together at the initial stage . He belived its same God . He did some white garment things too but thank God he embrace knowledge gradually . The Church evolved. He allowed teachers to teach .
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
petra1:

imputes by who? i dont get that

i agree

We cant generalise

We are not in their mind. it may be a risk to assume

I get your Point . W have no excuse to be ignorant in a world overloaded with information.

But we have two issues here . firstly it is a Christian thing to learn and knkw the word of God . But a lit has to do with your intellect too.

But the second thing has to do with calling. Tb Joshua was a Prophet. or a Seer . Their responsibility is to See. Most Prophets Cant teach. Some even teach wrongly. many times God use uneducated Men and annoit them. They have a prrsonal responsibility to develop themselves in the bible as a christuan but some may not see such need because God didnt tell them . He apprwrs to them ,whisoers to th ,show them Visions . They see video and audio from heaven . They are satisfied . wuth their call. They are not even supoosed to run a church. You have to be called to be Pastor and Teacher to run a church

thats where the issue is. if a prophet want to run a church its either he employs a resident Pastor to feed the flock while he is always doing moutain ,fasting etc . or alternatively the prophetsublit himself to the tutelage od a teacher.

it is not enough to read the bible . some Prophets tried entrening teaching and end up turning the bible upside down.
My opinion is that they just focus on their vision ,Prophecy ,healing ,miracles and let another teach .

The founder of cherubim was illitrate God used him.mightily to heal and prophesy.

The fouder of Celestial was illiterate. same way God use him as prophet and healer.

but imagine yhey don't wear shoe just because he read the bible where God yold moses to.pull his shoe. see?

The founder of Redeemed Pa Akidayomi was illiterate also They all towed the white garmet aladura style . but when Adeboye who became his interpreter took over him being educated changed the structure of the church . knowledge came in. no.more white garment .

Tb Joshua came like that. it wasneven worse . He was mixing islam and chritianity together at the initial stage . He belived its same God . He did some white garment things too but thank God he embrace knowledge gradually . The Church evolved. He allowed teachers to teach .

We must however not discountenance the role of the Holy Spirit. He gives spiritual gifts as he wills. His ministry in the life of the believer, and in particular anyone with leadership gifting cannot be downplayed. Again, recall that Paul who had an independent calling and spiritual development outside the initial core of disciples and apostles had his doctrinal position confirmed by them.

Will the Holy Spirit not communicate core doctrinal issues to a man he has gifted for a great work? Especially as have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 12:06am On Jun 21, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
We must however not discountenance the role of the Holy Spirit. He gives spiritual gifts as he wills. His ministry in the life of the believer, and in particular anyone with leadership gifting cannot be downplayed. Again, recall that Paul who had an independent calling and spiritual development outside the initial core of disciples and apostles had his doctrinal position confirmed by them.

Will the Holy Spirit not communicate core doctrinal issues to a man he has gifted for a great work? Especially as have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?

callings are different. Paul was a bible scholar . He was an apostle,evangelist ,teacher , pastor

James was almost in opposition against the teachings of Paul . yet they both have same holy spirit. James was even mixing Judaism with christianity

Every minister focus on their core area. for example . water Baptist was commanded by Christ also and it seemed Paul played it down in his own ministry .

1 Corinthians 1:17 (KJV)
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:

it seem to me the evangelical call was
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by coscj(m): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2021
sagenaija:

Aren't you surprised that no one from SCOAN has contributed to this discussion on this thread? I am.

I dare say that 99% of pastors in Nigeria fail in this respect. They want to be 'up there' and the members 'down there'. That is why many on Nairaland will be asking questions that a new convert of a few days follow up would have known and be convinced of.

Now, back to our matter:

It is usually said that the last words of a dying man are not about flippant issues but serious and important things. Jesus Christ instituted the Holy Communion at the tail end of his time on earth. That should tell us something. He literally changed the old order. The Passover was to be replaced by the new because a new order was to begin. Could any tribe of Israel have chosen not to continue in the Passover? Will they not then be denying their deliverance?

The early church was said to be devoted to: the teachings of the apostles, and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. These are basics. Are we to say that today's church has outgrown these or can disregard any of them?

No matter how attractive a person is or how self-effacing he may be, the true TEST of spirituality is the doctrinal issues and how far they line up with the word of God. Using any other way of evaluation can lead into error and being deceived.

I think I have witnessed one communion service on Emmanuel TV. 2008 or 2009. Hear a quote from the service ' There's no proper Communion without communication with God'
I can't really tell why it wasn't frequent. All i can say is that his ministry is purely a Holy ghost ministry. Very unconventional.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
petra1:

callings are different. Paul was a bible scholar . He was an apostle,evangelist ,teacher , pastor

James was almost in opposition against the teachings of Paul . yet they both have same holy spirit. James was even mixing Judaism with christianity

Every minister focus on their core area. for example . water Baptist was commanded by Christ also and it seemed Paul played it down in his own ministry .

1 Corinthians 1:17 (KJV)
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:

it seem to me the evangelical call was

What I was getting at is that even though one man may be raised spiritually in a place different from another, the Holy Spirit will not fail to communicate CORE spiritual doctrines to both. One man may have the gift of HELPS and another that of ADMINISTRATION but both must believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins to be in the same 'camp'. The expressions of their giftings does not negate their belief in that core doctrine.

I would love to know how "James was almost in opposition against the teachings of Paul". Please show me because I believe that their teachings agreed with and complemented each other's.

Even if a minister has a core area, does that detract from the fact that there must still be some CORE doctrinal beliefs held by such a minister? For example, will James have differed on the things that have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?

Certainly there must be an objective basis to know what doctrines T.B. Joshua believes and how far they line up with the scriptures; his outward expressions not withstanding.

PS: It appears that you didn't finish off your last line.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
coscj:

I think I have witnessed one communion service on Emmanuel TV. 2008 or 2009. Hear a quote from the service ' There's no proper Communion without communication with God'
I can't really tell why it wasn't frequent. All i can say is that his ministry is purely a Holy ghost ministry. Very unconventional.
Any video or literature on the matter that you can oblige us with?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by coscj(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
sagenaija:

Any video or literature on the matter that you can oblige us with?

I just wanted to inform you that I watched a Communion service on Emmanuel TV.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by SirLiquidGold: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
All powers on Earth and in heaven belongs to YHWH
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
Rest in peace great man of God
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
What I was getting at is that even though one man may be raised spiritually in a place different from another, the Holy Spirit will not fail to communicate CORE spiritual doctrines to both.

We are the one who have the reposibility of learn and knowing the word of God .
The Holy spirit will not do the job. why do churches have comtrry doctrines today and criticizing each other . is the holy spirit author of confusion ? it is left for us to study and learn . everyone have a deep conviction on their doctrine. everone is right in his own eyes

One man may have the gift of HELPS and another that of ADMINISTRATION but both must believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins to be in the same 'camp'. The expressions of their giftings does not negate their belief in that core doctrine.

Take nairaland for example. yhey are busy calling each other false brethren here. The other guy is false.
one person believe in healing , the other guy doesnt same goes for prohecy ,tongues, delivearce miracle ,tithes ,offering etc.

I would love to know how "James was almost in opposition against the teachings of Paul". Please show me because I believe that their teachings agreed with and complemented each other's.

james had a Pharisee background but inlike Paul he carried his judaism to christ. The jewish religion has the people they call proselyte. These are gentiles who got converted to the jewish religion. There is a process for their conversion. And that was what James was quoting and recommending for christian convert when they had the debate .

Acts 15:13 (KJV)
13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: . . . 19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

also he doesnt see total oneness betwewm the Jewish christian and Gentile Christians. remember how Peter was terrified when James sent People to Pauls church amd met Peter eating with Gentile Christians. Peter quickly decamped . Paul had to rebuke him.

]Gal 2:11 — Gal 2:14 (NLT)
Paul Confronts Peter
11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
14 When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?

For example, will James have differed on the things that have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?

i dont think TB joshua has issues with that amd other fundamental christian beliefs
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
petra1:

The Holy spirit will not do the job. why do churches have comtrry doctrines today and criticizing each other . is the holy spirit author of confusion ? it is left for us to study and learn . everyone have a deep conviction on their doctrine. everone is right in his own eyes

Take nairaland for example. yhey are busy calling each other false brethren here. The other guy is false.
one person believe in healing , the other guy doesnt same goes for prohecy ,tongues, delivearce miracle ,tithes ,offering etc.

james had a Pharisee background but inlike Paul he carried his judaism to christ. The jewish religion has the people they call proselyte. These are gentiles who got converted to the jewish religion. There is a process for their conversion. And that was what James was quoting and recommending for christian convert when they had the debate .

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: . . . 19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

also he doesnt see total oneness betwewm the Jewish christian and Gentile Christians. remember how Peter was terrified when James sent People to Pauls church amd met Peter eating with Gentile Christians. Peter quickly decamped . Paul had to rebuke him.

Paul Confronts Peter
11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
14 When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?

i dont think TB joshua has issues with that amd other fundamental christian beliefs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhiwceUpk8

Pastor Chris senior pastor.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by Image123(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
petra1:

Bisola has a spiritual problem . multiple personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5XatZHxsA

This looks more in tandem of what people accuse SCOAN of, fabrication of testimonies and actors. You can see ONE single person here acting multiple roles and sharing so called testimonies without anyone having the Spirit of God or even common retentive memory to detect the drama. TB laid hands on her several times and episodes, yet you are here still saying that she is not healed to suit your narrative. LOL
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Would it not be better if you ask for the tenets of Christianity so that you can place all these churches side by side with the requirements of true Christianity?

Well if we're to go by the requirements of true Christianity none of these noisemakers have anything to do with true Christianity! smiley

sagenaija:
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Image123:

This looks more in tandem of what people accuse SCOAN of, fabrication of testimonies and actors. You can see ONE single person here acting multiple roles and sharing so called testimonies without anyone having the Spirit of God or even common retentive memory to detect the drama. TB laid hands on her several times and episodes, yet you are here still saying that she is not healed to suit your narrative. LOL

healing is not by force nah. If a man like his demon it will keep coming back . demons do come back if the individual have certain sin that serve as open door .
i have had ro minister to some individuals who vomit manifest amd get relief only for the thing to come back later . until i had to use the word of God to take them on a "Do it by yourself" and such a one have permanent victory.
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by Image123(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
petra1:

healing is not by force nah. If a man like his demon it will keep coming back . demons do come back if the individual have certain sin that serve as open door .
i have had ro minister to some individuals who vomit manifest amd get relief only for the thing to come back later . until i had to use the word of God to take them on a "Do it by yourself" and such a one have permanent victory.

Looks more like fabricated testimonies and acting though. Do you know if the lady worked for TB and lived there like she claimed?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
petra1:

Paul Confronts Peter

You must see that I've been focusing on (1) LEADERSHIP and (2) CORE doctrinal issues. Recall that Paul warned that those for leadership offices must not be novices and are to have a grasp of what our faith stands for. What I see from this is that we must not CELEBRATE mediocrity or lack of preparedness on the altar of spiritual gifts.
Where a man fails to meet up with basic SCRIPTURAL requirements for leadership it should not be excused. Rather that shortcoming should be recognized and gaps noted where necessary.

I really don't see any difference between Paul's position and what James, under the leading of the Holy Spirit, said in Acts 15 portion you quoted. James said there that the Gentiles were not to be burdened with circumcision. That's the same position Paul's position. NOTE that God had related with the Jews as a national entity. They had a fixed geographical location. So, determining what to retain or what to jettison from the old to the new was obviously what the apostles had to receive from the Holy Spirit and pass on to the fledgling church.

That may have been at play when Paul confronted Peter at Antioch. Nothing there says that Peter refused Paul's position or challenged it.

I'm not sure you are speaking as an insider in T. B. Joshua's ministry. I had called out for confirmation on my enquiry on the no taking of the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion, Eucharist) in the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) by any worshipper or member. Surely, just as videos are being posted on other issues and of one person in particular, one would expect that there should be something to post on this matter. Unfortunately nothing has come up.

Do you believe that as long as T.B. Joshua did miracles and the like it does not matter if he did not teach and lead his congregation in CORE doctrines of the Scriptures?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
Image123:

Pastor Chris senior pastor.

Thats silly bro. Pastor Chris has been in ministry from child . born into a family of generation of Pastors .
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by petra1(m): 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
You must see that I've been focusing on (1) LEADERSHIP and (2) CORE doctrinal issues. Recall that Paul warned that those for leadership offices must not be novices and are to have a grasp of what our faith stands for. What I see from this is that we must not CELEBRATE mediocrity or lack of preparedness on the altar of spiritual gifts.
Where a man fails to meet up with basic SCRIPTURAL requirements for leadership it should not be excused. Rather that shortcoming should be recognized and gaps noted where necessary.

nobody says otherwise

I really don't see any difference between Paul's position and what James, under the leading of the Holy Spirit

The scripture i quoted was self explanatory. James and his deciples was The reason for the book of Galatians.

Gal 2:5 — Gal 2:7 (NKJV)
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

determining what to retain or what to jettison from the old to the new was obviously what the apostles had to receive from the Holy Spirit and pass on to the fledgling church.

That may have been at play when Paul confronted Peter at Antioch. Nothing there says that Peter refused Paul's position or challenged it.

The point is . Why was Peter aftaid of James . Peter who God already appeared to and informed him yhat the Grntiled were cleansed through a vision. Questions is why didnt the Holyghost tell James his error .

I'm not sure you are speaking as an insider in T. B. Joshua's ministry. I had called out for confirmation on my enquiry on the no taking of the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion, Eucharist) in the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) by any worshipper or member. Surely, just as videos are being posted on other issues and of one person in particular, one would expect that there should be something to post on this matter. Unfortunately nothing has come up.

Somebody already replied you that they had had communion service there. but you still need to know that not every church have communion. It deoends on the Pastor revelation of it. Catholics have it daily . some others monthly ,weekly some yearly . The frequency should not be issue

Do you believe that as long as T.B. Joshua did miracles and the like it does not matter if he did not teach and lead his congregation in CORE doctrines of the Scriptures?

nobody is an alrounder . Paul refuse to do water batism whixh christ ommnaded . everyone focus on their main assignment.

The man called into intercession runs an intercessory ministrry likewise the man called for deliverance runs Deliverance and healing ministry his focus is setting captives free . Same goes for Evangelica ministry, Holiness ministrry. Prophetic Ministry etc as God has given each man grace and revelation .
The man that runs a teaching ministrry may not be able to cast out devil. That shouldn't make him less a minister
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by Image123(m): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2021
petra1:

Thats silly bro. Pastor Chris has been in ministry from child . born into a family of generation of Pastors .

Maybe silly of SCOAN because we both know that is what they called and addressed him as in front of everyone and pastor Chris doesn't deny it. What sort of carnality are you employing in talking about being in ministry from childhood. Is it by that?Is pastor Chris not senior pastor to people older than him including his own brothers?
Re: The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua by sagenaija: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
petra1:

nobody says otherwise

The scripture i quoted was self explanatory. James and his deciples was The reason for the book of Galatians.

Gal 2:5 — Gal 2:7 (NKJV)
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

The point is . Why was Peter aftaid of James . Peter who God already appeared to and informed him yhat the Grntiled were cleansed through a vision. Questions is why didnt the Holyghost tell James his error .

Somebody already replied you that they had had communion service there. but you still need to know that not every church have communion. It deoends on the Pastor revelation of it. Catholics have it daily . some others monthly ,weekly some yearly . The frequency should not be issue

nobody is an alrounder . Paul refuse to do water batism whixh christ ommnaded . everyone focus on their main assignment.

The man called into intercession runs an intercessory ministrry likewise the man called for deliverance runs Deliverance and healing ministry his focus is setting captives free . Same goes for Evangelica ministry, Holiness ministrry. Prophetic Ministry etc as God has given each man grace and revelation .
The man that runs a teaching ministrry may not be able to cast out devil. That shouldn't make him less a minister

On the Holy Communion:
You said you've never heard them doing it. The guy you are alluding to said he 'THINKS' he has witnessed one on their TV channel in 2008 or 2009. So, he doesn't appear to be sure of it. For a VERY VISIBLE set up like SCOAN with 24/7 presentations to the world I find it interesting and surprising that no one has any CONCRETE details on this core doctrinal issue of the faith from them.

On Peter's fear:
You asked: 'Why was Peter afraid of James?'. You'll recall that I noted in an earlier post that the Jewish Christians were battling between what to retain in the Law, which was God given, and the new dispensation they had entered into. (We do not have that excuse today). I understand that Peter ought to have known better. Even his Lord -Jesus - was accused of mingling with those the self-righteous regarded as 'sinners'. He seemed not to have learned from there. When he saw the vision in Acts 10 it should have also been clear to him that those who God has cleared are not to be discriminated against. But he failed, not because he lacked knowledge or clear divine direction but as a result of some personal weakness. After all, he was the one that opened the door of the gospel to the Jews, the Samaritans and the Gentiles. His human weakness got the better part of him here.

On water baptism:
Paul did not refuse to do water baptism. He had baptized people (Acts 16). I believe he was stressing the more critical part of his ministry because of a better understanding from the Lord.
Btw, do they do water baptism in SCOAN?

We cannot and should not stress any area of ministry to the NEGLECT of that which will make the individual believers GROW. No leadership of the church has fulfilled his ministry, as per Ephesians 4, if he is not working at equipping and perfecting the saints; if he is not causing the body of Christ to be built up.

For leadership in the church mediocrity is no excuse. God has set the standards. Anyone called to leadership, who is unwilling to take time to learn, to a reasonable extent, how to make his ministry EFFECTUAL in line with the Scripture ends up hurting the BODY rather building the body.

(1) (Reply)

Pst. Adeboye Blows Hot After Being Accused Of Sourcing His Powers From Demons / Nigeria 2020:what Is Your Vision For Nigeria? / The Great Day Of The Lord Is Near - Very Near

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.