Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,414 members, 7,843,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? (653 Views)

Has Gov Fayose Been Impeached By APC? / Why Has Gov Akpabio Abandoned The Ibaka Deep Seaport Project? / What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by monkeyleg: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2011
For full article, follow the link below
http://www.ukpakareports.com/news.php?type_id=3&news_id=1927

If you ask me I will say what a beautiful speech there by his Excellency, Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan, governor of oil rich Delta state, but it is how well not how far.

If Deltans must to be sincere to themselves in all ramifications without sentimental attachment, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan does not in any way deserve the precious votes of the people.

Talking about his administration’s well publicized three point agenda, in what way has it truly affected the lives of the people? For over three years plus now the state can not boast of its own media, whereas Governor Uduaghan spent huge sum of millions of naira in hiring AIT, Channels, NTA and others to broadcast government events live while the three state owned media houses remain in a state of comatose.

Take a critical look at the Governor Uduaghan’s peace and security agenda; today the people are not safe, a situation where armed robbers in broad day light will murder several persons including a pregnant woman at Ogwashi-Uku in an uninterrupted Bank robbery, a situation where a Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Ibuza police station, Mrs. Mercy Dagogo will be murdered around the popular Ogbeogonogo market in the state capital, Asaba, a situation where several souls were lost during the Irri communal battle as well as other communal crisis in Isoko land and several other communal crisis among others, yet we have in place peace and security agenda and every month tax payers money running into billions of naira are been voted for security.

Apart from the two gigantic projects initiated by the former governor of the state, Chief James Ibori recently commissioned by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, what other major projects can His Excellency, Governor Uduaghan come out bold to show Deltans that will warrant them giving him their votes in the forthcoming general elections.? All we have on ground been paraded by Governor Uduaghan’s administration as projects are nothing but mere cosmetics and media propaganda.

Analysts contend that the current government under Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan might have received over 600 billion naira in oil revenues from the federation account via statutory allocations from the federation account, excess crude remittances, ecological funds, derivation proceeds and value added taxes, but the state cannot boast meaningful investment that could assist reduce mass poverty and youth unemployment.

In deed, the last World Bank report cited Delta state (34th) along with Imo state (35th) as the states in the country most difficult to do business. Such rating underscores why Delta state is massively impoverished, underdeveloped and poverty-stricken in the hands of a very corrupt government.
Re: What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by monkeyleg: 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
It amazes me that someone who has been a monumental failure, has the dogs balls to even consider running for governor again. This robber is not fit to rule a village of 10 let alone a state like Delta.

Deltans must be wise oh, Uduaghan does not have any good plans for us, he is a very wicked and corrupt person, and must never be let near our coffers again. We must all pull together to kick him our and eventually put him in jail
Re: What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by obailala(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
Monkeyleg,
The real problem is not if Uduaghan is fit to run for a second term or not but rather the question to be answered is, " Who is the opposition in Delta state?

Apart from Ogboru, there is no other reasonable opposition in the state and I'm still yet to understand why people (mainly okada men in warri) love him so much. In my own opinion, 'Great' is not a politician but rather a rich businessman who is being pushed by those around him to contest in elections.
Re: What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by monkeyleg: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
obailala:

Monkeyleg,
The real problem is not if Uduaghan is fit to run for a second term or not but rather the question to be answered is, " Who is the opposition in Delta state?

Apart from Ogboru, there is no other reasonable opposition in the state and I'm still yet to understand why people (mainly okada men in warri) love him so much. In my own opinion, 'Great' is not a politician but rather a rich businessman who is being pushed by those around him to contest in elections.

Well, maybe it has something to do with the big screen tv he installed. Anyway that said. I would rather Ogboru than Uduaghan anyday. It is about time we seek some sort of change. PDP and the Ibori / Uduaghan cartel have ruined that state.
Re: What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by obailala(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2011
Exactly what i'm saying. Lots of people just love Ogboru (for no clear reason) and his large supporter base especially in Warri and environs deceives him. The man hardly campaigns and the only time we hear his name or see him on tv is 2 weeks to general elections (that's why i said he is no politician). Is this the kind of opposition we need to topple the almighty pdp?? One thing his supporters are unaware of is that he is only known in Warri/Uvwie and his home town.

Ask a random market woman in asaba/ogwashiuku/patani etc and u will find out they 've not heard the name Ogboru B4. Fact is that, it is these people in these local areas that actually vote. If i live in the uvwie axis of the state for instance, i would never step out of my house to vote on election day simply for the fear of my head being blown away but the old woman in one remote village could easily be paid a measly N100 and she would vote in pdp. The simple homework Mr Great has to do is to focus some of his attention on these villages or else, he will keep sleeping in law courts and deltans will continue enduring the Uduaghan mess.
Re: What Has Gov. Uduaghan Done To Deserve Your Votes For 2nd Tenure? by monkeyleg: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
@Obailala,

you make some valid points, I also hope that the Ogboru camp take note. the fact remains that buying votes remains a big parts of why elections are never credible in nigeria. considering that the average Nigerians is prepared to take 100 naira and vote for the devil. Can delatns not tell that Uduaghan and co have been a failure?

I wonder if the Egyptians were enticed with money and how they reacted?

(1) (Reply)

Questoin? / Monarch Expels Miniser From Palace Over Benin-ore Rd. / Man Arrested With Bombs 24hrs After Suleja Blasts .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.