Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

He's paid - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / He's paid (729 Views)

Attempt This Proven Sales Tactics... / 3 SEO-TOOLS And Tactics That Will Increase Your Website Visibility In (2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He's paid by jflexy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Modified, he's paid

Thank you for your understanding
Re: He's paid by stanliwise(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
jflexy:
The nairalander with the name Tactics is someone you should never never dream of working with, if he does a job for you and you complain of any error or bug, he'll either stop relying you or block you after collecting money from you.
He acts all humble before you make payments to him but becomes very arrogant and rude after you make payments to him.
His account details in case he tries to change his username here is.

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

A word is enough for the wise.

You can refer to this post for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/5928956/nairaland-programmers-please-me-settle
you guys won’t come to the right coders.
Re: He's paid by WoundedLamb: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
One man's failure is another man's success. See as my guy above quickly took the opportunity to market himself. I bet he doesn't care what the issue between the OP and his vendor was. Lol

OP, I don't know what the issue is yet but that's a whole lot of demarketing taking place up there. Consumers' power being invoked in its purest form. Lol

The issue with many independent contractors (freelancers) is that while they may know how to code, they don't have any experience in the business and management sides of software development. They've never been in a formal setting to see how it's done so they still face problems that have well proven principles/methodologies used to mitigate them. I know this cause this is not the first time I'm reading about such problems between developers and their clients on here.

In the case above, for example, if a project timeline/plan was produced starting from the kick-off meeting (team description/leadership, task allocation, communication plan, etc.) all the way to post deployment support grace period and detailing all the phases in between, you wouldn't have had this issue. This is because the deliverables for each phase will be well defined and the client's sign off must be obtained before the commencement of the next phase. A client who signed off the requirement document (one of the deliverables in the analysis phase) and solutions blueprint (one of the deliverables in the design phase) is automatically on the same page as the developer when it gets to the development phase. Whatever issue the client has during the testing phase (which must be done using a test script that has cases corresponding to each block in the requirement document) would be clear and backed up by well understood textual and diagramatic documentations. With this level of precision/clarity and because timelines are designed to have a correction phase as a subset of the development phase, these issues aren't likely shake up the project except it is an entirely new request in which a change request process will be triggered. Most importantly, milestone payments should be adopted and payment spread out across strategic phases of the timeline; such payments must only be paid after the sign of the phases.

The above process is a watered down description of what the actual management of SDLC entails and there are alternative approaches but, at least, you get the picture. The process ensures that the developers and the client are on the same page at every point and that each party has enough reasons to stay motivated. Most importantly, it makes the project progress quantifiable and trackable.

OP, sorry you had issues with your vendor. I hope you guys settle soon or, at least, you find someone who would work better with you. Maybe the guy above. Lol

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He's paid by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:
One man's failure is another man's success. See as my guy above quickly took the opportunity to market himself. I bet he doesn't care what the issue between the OP and his vendor was. Lol

OP, I don't know what the issue is yet but that's a whole lot of demarketing taking place up there. Consumers' power being invoked in its purest form. Lol

The issue with many independent contractors (freelancers) is that while they may know how to code, they don't have any experience in the business and management sides of software development. They've never been in a formal setting to see how it's done so they still face problems that have well proven principles/methodologies used to mitigate against them. I know this cause this is not the first time I'm reading about such problems between developers and their clients on here.

In the case above, for example, if a project timeline/plan was produced starting from the kick-off meeting (team description/leadership, task allocation, communication plan, etc) all the way to post deployment support grace period and detailing all the phases in between, you wouldn't have had this issue. This is because the deliverables for each phase will be well defined and the client's sign off must be obtained before the commencement of the next phase. A client who signed off the requirement document (one of the deliverables in the analysis phase) and solutions blueprint (one of the deliverables in the design phase) is automatically on the same page as the developer when it gets to the development phase. Whatever issue the client has during the testing phase (which must be done using a test script that has cases corresponding to each block in the requirement document) would be clear and backed up by well understood textual and diagramatic documentations. With this level of precision/clarity and because timelines are designed to have a correction phase as a subset of the development phase, these issues aren't likely shake up the project except it is an entirely new request in which a change request process will be triggered. Most importantly, milestone payments should be adopted and payment spread out across strategic phases of the timeline; such payments must only be paid after the sign of the phases.

The above process is a watered down description of what the actual management of SDLC entails and there are alternative approaches but, at least, you get the picture. The process ensures that the developers and the client are on the same page at every point and that each party has enough reasons to stay motivated.

OP, sorry you had issues with your vendor. I hope you guys settle soon or, at least, you find someone who would work better with you. Maybe the guy above. Lol

This is hands down the reason why I am working in a. Company. Writing down code in your house and in your room and feeling on top of the world is not the same as writing down code in a well structured corporation. There's a lot that goes to writing code In a corporate environment.
Re: He's paid by WoundedLamb: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

This is hands down the reason why I am working in a. Company. Writing down code in your house and in your room and feeling on top of the world is not the same as writing down code in a well structured corporation. There's a lot that goes to writing code In a corporate environment.

It's never the same. Programming is only a sub component of software development. Knowing how to write codes is never enough. There's more to it.
Re: He's paid by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
The problem I see here is proper Requirements Specification (on the side of the OP) and poor Requirements Gathering from the developer. Once a formal requirements elicitation has been signed off, any other changes should be discussed and agreed on before it can be executed. And that agreement includes agreement on fees for services requested.

OP, next time have a proper documentation on your requirements signed of by you and the developer. If a requirement looks too obvious to be stated, the more it needs to be stated.

This is not in anyway endorsing the behaviour of the developer though. He has been unprofessional in ceasing to communicate.

This brings me to my position of always using COTS software (open source or proprietary although I prefer open source).With COTS software you can always fully evaluate the software identifying any gaps and how to resolve these gaps. I often prefer to go with Open Source software as you can leverage on the experience of a vast community at minimal cost as opposed to a bespoke software were you are tied to, and at the mercy of the developer.

1 Like

Re: He's paid by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:

It's never the same. Programming is only a sub component of software development. Knowing how to write codes is never enough. There's more to it.
Exactly.
Re: He's paid by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

A huge world of difference! All that structure is to avoid situations like these

1 Like

Re: He's paid by tactics: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
What's your problem?

You requested for your money and l asked you how much you want. We agreed on 30,000 naira. I paid you 20,000 naira instantly and l told you that I will give you the remaining 10,000 naira in the next 2 weeks.

After a week or more you suddenly sent me a message saying you won't accept 30,000 naira again. You want me to pay you 50,000 naira now. Where did you get that from?

Who will be happy to hear that news?

You are here embarrassing me as if l refused to pay you.

You are not a straight forward person.

Seriously, l don't know how to treat your case.

I paid 20,000 naira into this account

Joseph Obasi
Zenith Bank

And these are his numbers
+234 810 987 9625.
+234 817 168 3164

I am available. When you are ready to resolve this let me know

jflexy:
The
nairalander with the name Tactics is someone you should never never dream of working with, if he does a job for you and you complain of any error or bug, he'll either stop relying you or block you after collecting money from you.
He acts all humble before you make payments to him but becomes very arrogant and rude after you make payments to him.
His account details in case he tries to change his username here is.

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

A word is enough for the wise.

You can refer to this post for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/5928956/nairaland-programmers-please-me-settle
Re: He's paid by bassdow: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:

The issue with many independent contractors (freelancers) is that while they may know how to code, they don't have any experience in the business and management sides of software development. They've never been in a formal setting to see how it's done so they still face problems that have well proven principles/methodologies used to mitigate them. I know this cause this is not the first time I'm reading about such problems between developers and their clients on here.

In the case above, for example, if a project timeline/plan was produced starting from the kick-off meeting (team description/leadership, task allocation, communication plan, etc.) all the way to post deployment support grace period and detailing all the phases in between, you wouldn't have had this issue. This is because the deliverables for each phase will be well defined and the client's sign off must be obtained before the commencement of the next phase. A client who signed off the requirement document (one of the deliverables in the analysis phase) and solutions blueprint (one of the deliverables in the design phase) is automatically on the same page as the developer when it gets to the development phase. Whatever issue the client has during the testing phase (which must be done using a test script that has cases corresponding to each block in the requirement document) would be clear and backed up by well understood textual and diagramatic documentations. With this level of precision/clarity and because timelines are designed to have a correction phase as a subset of the development phase, these issues aren't likely shake up the project except it is an entirely new request in which a change request process will be triggered. Most importantly, milestone payments should be adopted and payment spread out across strategic phases of the timeline; such payments must only be paid after the sign of the phases.

The above process is a watered down description of what the actual management of SDLC entails and there are alternative approaches but, at least, you get the picture. The process ensures that the developers and the client are on the same page at every point and that each party has enough reasons to stay motivated. Most importantly, it makes the project progress quantifiable and trackable.

Truth be told, all the Stages and Level you mentioned above costs a lot (including extra Man-Power, Skills, etc) of which Most clients aren't so much willing to care for.

No one or company with 40% of the above WorkFlow would come here advertising a website for ₦20,000 (don't worry, I know it could be a lot less) With Domain + Hosting having everything Unlimited.
Re: He's paid by jflexy(m): 12:53am On Aug 31, 2020
tactics:
What's your problem?

You requested for your money and l asked you how much you want. We agreed on 30,000 naira. I paid you 20,000 naira instantly and l told you that I will give you the remaining 10,000 naira in the next 2 weeks.

After a week or more you suddenly sent me a message saying you won't accept 30,000 naira again. You want me to pay you 50,000 naira now. Where did you get that from?

Who will be happy to hear that news?

You are here embarrassing me as if l refused to pay you.

You are not a straight forward person.

Seriously, l don't know how to treat your case.

I paid 20,000 naira into this account

Joseph Obasi
Zenith Bank

And these are his numbers
+234 810 987 9625.
+234 817 168 3164

I am available. When you are ready to resolve this let me know

Even if I like I'd request for 100k, or you want me to start counting all I spent on that site?

Better pay me the money you're owing me.

You told me a site is 30k when I initially came to you, how much did I later spend till you're done, from telling me later that the 30k doesn't include customer service to telling me other news.

You think there aren't better Nairalander who haven't come to help me resolve the site, pay me off my money and go your way. When I initially told you to give me 24k and take the site as well as the hosting, what did you do, you blocked me straight off, you only decided to pay and unblocked me pleading that I remove the post from nairaland just to save face. If you think I'm joking, your case is already submitted to AIG Ishaku of Police Complaint Unit.
Because this an online dealing you're free to behave as you wish, putting the jobs of other online freelancers at stake. Your type is the reason people hardly contact or trust people do work for them online.

You think snubbing me makes you smart, you're actually acting childish

If you like, post my account details as well as my numbers here, it does nothing to me cos it's already online but you, your work will only suffer as long as people know they're in contact with you.
Re: He's paid by cixak95211: 1:24am On Aug 31, 2020
WoundedLamb:
....l

Give this man a cold crate of Heineken.
Case closed !
Re: He's paid by cixak95211: 1:31am On Aug 31, 2020
bassdow:

Truth be told, all the Stages and Level you mentioned above costs a lot (including extra Man-Power, Skills, etc) of which Most clients aren't so much willing to care for.

No one or company with 40% of the above WorkFlow would come here advertising a website for ₦20,000 (don't worry, I know it could be a lot less) With Domain + Hosting having everything Unlimited.

To support what you said, even before the cost, must come the awareness and understanding. The 20k gang do not even know that such workflows exist. Whenever tentative clients post job offerings here, all you here is , "i can do it, contact me, etc"; without a rigorous understanding of what the project entails.
Goes to show that all the 20k contracts usually have this sort of "happy" ending . . . premium tears!

1 Like

Re: He's paid by WoundedLamb: 3:08am On Aug 31, 2020
bassdow:

You are not far from the truth.

But then, is commercial software development really a one man job? Is it really as cheap as people make it look here? Writing software for yourself is different from writing for a client where you are bound by contractual terms and where you have your reputation to protect. Appreciating the basics of software project management is one thing, cost (in terms of money and time) is another. Someone who understands the basics of SDLC workflow would know the things never to sacrifice when saving cost. Most people here easily neglect these things not just cause of the cost but because they do not even know the importance. Of what point is saving cost and eventually running into issues with your client or coming up with a low quality product? The truth is, software is not as cheap as Nigerians make it look, especially these ones I see on Nairaland. It is a very serious business and unless it is treated as one, things are bound to go wrong. I've been developing software systems for a while, I've gone from corporate to independent contractor and I'm back to corporate now, and I can tell you that 90% of these N20,000 adverts you read here all the time either lead to incomplete projects or extremely low quality outputs. When I was a contractor, I either put a team together each time I got a new project or I sign contract for a specific role in a bigger team independently contracted by the client. I'm not pretending like I don't know Nigeria isn't as organized, but I think the Nigerian developers really need to get more refined.

Writing code alone doesn't make one a software developer. If you don't have the other necessary skills, work in a corporate organization for a while and learn. If you don't want that, collaborate with someone who has the skills, increase the cost and extend the project timeline if necessary. It is better than being embarrassed online like this. At least, you'd be known for your high quality products even if it's expensive. Nothing good comes cheap.

I still hold Nigerian developers at a high esteem seeing their zeal even in the face the country's limitations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's paid by Donpre(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You finally got a job? Congrats man!

As a react Dev?
Re: He's paid by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
Donpre:

You finally got a job? Congrats man!

As a react Dev?
Web developer.

(1) (Reply)

Short Killer|Fonekong Shortkiller Pro Mobile Phone Short Circuit Repair / How To Build A Portfolio Website / I Want To Learn Programming But I Suck At Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.