Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 (17293 Views)

Nasir Sambo: EFCC Recovers N5.4bn For NHIS, 7 Billion Still Trapped / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits ₦183 Per Litre / Under-recovery: Fuel Subsidy Drops To N20 Per Litre — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by stormborn28(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
sinkhole:
so why berating ASUU for going on strike for revitalization of Universities?
ASUU going on strike means they want good governance where looting should be a thing of the past and funds should be redirected at infrastructure
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by pongwa(m): 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
We are cursed
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Advocate500: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

I wasn't on Nairaland then

But back then, I backed fuel subsidy removal.

There is a time to support sensible decisions, whoever is passing them
that means is sensible and timely to increase people suffering at this point in time?after deceiving the people, you turned around and tell them that the fuel subsidy was not removed. How do you guy's sleep at times knowing that the government it's policies we promote at times is nothing but scamm? Every body cannot be politicians at the same time .make we fear God abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by maxzzo1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
We're awaiting the said rationale behind the resurface of forgone subsidy
Scam APC govt
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

I supported GEJ subsidy removal

Yes, I didn't like PDP, but when there is a common sense decision being made, forget party.

Infact, subsidy should have gone since the 1990s.

Go ask your local APC supporter. Don't ask me.
Sai APC

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by COMPAQ(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

If government removes subsidy for real, the price of fuel would be above 300 naira per liter.

That's why they don't want to remove it. Too politically expensive.

But since subsidy is associated with corruption it is better to lie that it has gone, than to tell the truth

Only time subsidy goes is when the crude oil price is too low for it to make sense, like what happened recently

I disagree with you. Everywhere in the world I have gone, diesel is a bit more expensive than petrol. So if unsubsidised, imported diesel is N195, why would petrol be N300??
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by COMPAQ(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
McGg:

Hope you know that the countries you mentioned above does not produce crude oil and still hope you know that Nigeria have existing refineries?

Does the fact that we have crude mean that we should be selling a product below its cost?

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by COMPAQ(m): 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
What's the confusion

So long as government controls or sets the price of fuel there is a subsidy in existence.

For subsidy to be no longer on existence, it would be the marketers and fuel depot owners that would be setting the price instead of NNPC

Note. Anyone who abuses me will be reported to the moderators immediately.

I expect you to disagree with me. But don't use intemperate language doing so. You can be civil in your speech.

Thank you. You are free to disagree with me. But no abuse please

below...why subsidy underrecovery has to GO...

Unfortunately Nigerians won't see the long term effects of the impact on education, healthcare, infrastructure etc, but rather focus on the short term change in pocket. Even worse those who benefit the MOST can afford it at N200 I.e the upper middle class with 3 cars.

People should learn to use technology more. Have barely been out of my house in 5months due to covid, yet work and meetings are going on online.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Ajixegun: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
McGg:

Hope you know that the countries you mentioned above does not produce crude oil and still hope you know that Nigeria have existing refineries?
Don't mind that guy. He thinks he's intelligent. Why not compare us to our contemporaries like UAE and co? Why none oil producing countries in Africa?
Some people's certificates need to be questioned, with their level of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ajixegun:

Don't mind that guy. He thinks he's intelligent. Why not compare us to our contemporaries like UAE and co? Why none oil producing countries in Africa?
Some people's certificates need to be questioned, with their level of reasoning.

Okay, UAE has less than 15 million people, Nigeria has 200 million people

UAE produces 3 million barrels of crude per day, Nigeria produces 2.4 million

The UAE has more oil money to spend per person than Nigeria.

Thank you
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

Okay, UAE has less than 15 million people, Nigeria has 200 million people

UAE produces 3 million barrels of crude per day, Nigeria produces 2.4 million

The UAE has more oil money to spend per person than Nigeria.

Thank you

Nigeria has crude oil and large fertile land that is larger than Israel, in addition to solid minerals. We have no excuse whatsover. The overdependence in crude oil coupled with monumental stealing by the political elites has put us in this mess.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by seunayantokun(m): 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Corruption can't allow them think properly and do the right thing.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Staro: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Buhari is a shameless
liar

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

If Buhari had any form of integrity, subsidy shouldn't even come up at all!!

Nigerians shouldn't face any form of hardship under his regime!!!

That was his promise and a man of integrity always keep his words!!!

I didn't expect that we will be discussing this under his regime!!!

Modified:

grin grin grin so we now have different definition of subsidy grin grin

Now you have brought in another angular scam (gradual removal of subsidy) grin grin grin grin

What deceit will you guys come with again after this

Kai!!! Na wa oooooo
I guess you just want to be mischievous so let me school you

Under Jonathan subsidy was by private individuals who short changed the government the economy and the populace by bringing in fuel having it measured and taken to other countries under buhari subsidy is solely carried out by nnpc and is paid for directly by the federal government under the period of Jonathan despite the huge revenue from crude oil we still had long lines at filling stations under buhari you can tell how many times you've had fuel scarcity hate him or like him I don't care.

I as a person want fuel to go as high as 500 naira it is high time we start paying quality money for quality services government is not about welfare and that is one thing I dislike about this government they are being too welfaristick which is the ultimate breeding ground for corruption.

government has no business being business it is high time we completely removed their hand from anything business pay its importation or whatever and concentrate on being regulatory and disciplinary bodies.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
obynzo:

Nigeria has crude oil and large fertile land that is larger than Israel, in addition to solid minerals. We have no excuse whatsover. The overdependence in crude oil coupled with monumental stealing by the political elites has put us in this mess.

can you quote the volume and commercial quantity of the solid mineral resources we have
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nasproperty: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Tommie1054(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
Is this an avenue for our government to be looting money??....don't y'all think we should try for a year and government shouldn't pay subsidy on fuel so that the money can be use to reconstruct our refinery??.....don't y'all think the money they say they on subsidy should be enough for the reconstruction of our refinery??
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Fuckgovt: 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Fuel increase is looming
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by armadeo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Fix the gaddem refineries and build more.

Government acts like they dont know the solution. In truth they dont want it solved.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Abagworo(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
Much ado about 2018 news. Nairaland should always scrutinize stories before pushing to front page as today is not 1st of April
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:11am On Aug 31, 2020
One step forward and two backward. Have they forget puppy demonstration at Ojota? Where are the sponsors and what was the reason for it? Who is fooling who?
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Obipat(m): 4:27am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:

So, do you think that government should remove subsidies, and allow marketers to.control the price of fuel,.while privatizing NNPC?
zombie!!!
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Celebritytalk: 4:28am On Aug 31, 2020
Question for naija is a warning to Nigerian politicians to change from there bad ways...
Hope to expect more vibes from this duo street artiste.....

Watch and please kindly Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos...

Watch video below ⬇⬇⬇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPW7gqVY1A
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 31, 2020
Obipat:
zombie!!!

1. Good morning

2. Removal of subsidy has been my belief since 2012.

3. Don't back APC or PDP.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 31, 2020
obynzo:

Yes, that's where I agree with you.

I would add that rich nations use their resources to make products for the global markets
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Babinski: 8:03am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:

If government removes subsidy for real, the price of fuel would be above 300 naira per liter.

That's why they don't want to remove it. Too politically expensive.

But since subsidy is associated with corruption it is better to lie that it has gone, than to tell the truth

Only time subsidy goes is when the crude oil price is too low for it to make sense, like what happened recently

Subsidy is a big scam! .

You will be surprised to know that not all oil marketers collect subsidy. Examples are Global Fleet Oil and Obat Oil. So how are these non-subsidy collecting marketers able to sell at the same price and still gain?

If Government removes so called subsidy, the only reason the price will rise is because of the cartel in the industry. Capital Oil has said that repeatedly. When Governments allow cartels to form, the cartels dictate pricing to the detriment of the populace.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Codes151(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:
What's the confusion

So long as government controls or sets the price of fuel there is a subsidy in existence.

For subsidy to be no longer on existence, it would be the marketers and fuel depot owners that would be setting the price instead of NNPC

Note. Anyone who abuses me will be reported to the moderators immediately.

I expect you to disagree with me. But don't use intemperate language doing so. You can be civil in your speech.

Thank you. You are free to disagree with me. But no abuse please

below...why subsidy underrecovery has to GO...
okay. Subsidy isn’t scam las las?

Now you know and agree. Lol.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Xisnin(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:
The reason why government refuses to remove subsidy is because if they do, the price of fuel would be above 300 per liter, like it is in Niger, Benin and Sierra Leone, where there is no subsidy

Removing subsidy is politically expensive, despite the fact that there are long term benefits of lower oil prices, more investment in oil, more jobs , and more refineries and no more scarcity

But APC does not want to be put out of office , so they keep on paying the useless subsidy
Stop giving excuses and justifying lies.
APC knew the function of subsidy before they called it a fraud
and Buhari even asked that what is subsidy as if it serves no purpose.
Perhaps we can forgive Buhari for his ignorance for obvious reason, but
not APC.

They continously lie to Nigerians taking advantage of the widespread illiteracy.
They were gaining goodwill on an issue they didn't even address.
And here you are explaining why they can't remove it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Presidential Ticket: Senators Divided Over Moves To Pick Lawan As Consensus / APC Rally At Gumel LG, Jigawa (Video, Picture) / Tunde Onakoya: Nigerians Who Have Recently Won Guinness World Records.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.