Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration (2546 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
August 25, 2020
Tips on New Zealand Nursing Registration Pathway.

BNSc is required.
IELTS 7 in each component and you are allowed to combine if the tests are taken within 12 months, OET is also accepted with a score of 350, combination is also accepted. These two basic requirements are the first thing that makes you eligible for registration.
First Stage: The Nursing Council New Zealand (NCNZ) process is in three stages, firstly CGFNs credential evaluation(you need 5 documents for this, Nigeria nursing council verification, criminal check, photo ID like passport, employment reference and your ( IELTS/OET)

Second stage - they will send the report to NCNZ directly and the NCNZ will issue you a decision letter to apply for CAP - Competency Assessment Program. The decision letter usually comes with a list of accredited CAP provider and their tuition fee ranges from 6000-10000 nzd which has to be fully paid.

Third Stage: After you have gotten a CAP placement and you have paid, you need the school receipt , decision letter and your bank account statement that will show that you can pay for your flight and support yourself financially during your CAP.

Please note that you will not be paid during your CAP and you are not allowed to work in any capacity until you are fully registered and you will be on a visitor visa for that 3 months. After your CAP you will write a mini exam and your CAP provider will submit your application for your licence.

Fourth Stage: As soon as your licence comes usually within 2-3 weeks you can get a job and convert your visa to a work visa. This allows you to bring in your family and immediately you get a work visa you are eligible for residents permit as a skilled migrant. Nurses are given priority and you will get it faster than other non health professionals.

Important Notes:

NZ does not have an embassy in Nigeria but you can get your visa via south Africa. No stress, the courier will pick up your passport from your home drop it off in SA and they will call to inform you when the visa is ready and courier will return it back to you. When you are applying for your family, you can do it online for them since you are already in NZ.

Also, there are no agents to sponsor you in NZ the only agents available are Asians but you have to pay them but it doesn't worth it, the processing is easy and very transparent you can save that money for your upkeep or part of your CAP fee.

CAP classroom lecture is only for 2 weeks of basic nursing procedures like vital signs and few pharmacology calculations, it's a time for you to shine because I know Nigerian nurses are intelligent.

Tips On Australia Nursing Registration Pathway:

For now NZ route is the cheapest and easiest way to get in to Australia registration pathway through their trans Tasman agreement. With your NZ licence no exams required, you only need to pay a token to get your Australia registration.

If you have post basic nursing please do not apply for registration with it only apply for RN registration, the speciality experience will help you get a job in that field and from there you can study to get their own post graduate certificate if you wish. And if you're already registered in an English speaking country and wants to relocate to NZ, you can get a waiver for English proficiency but other processing remains same

On a lighter note, the money you spent migrating to New Zealand or Australia is worthwhile, because at the end of the day your kids can enjoy free education and free health.

For further enquiries, kindly drop your questions in the comment and i will be glad to provide you with good responses. You can as well subscribe to the blog in order to receive an alert for a new info.

The best wishes.

Ajiteru E.A RN(NIG, NZ, AUST) RM, RPHN, BNSc, MSc (UK)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by ProJectAnatot(m): 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Do you know that of other health care professionals like ( Physiotherapist, Radiography, Med lab Science ) ??
Particularly Medical Radiography!!
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by ImDStar: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
Following
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Abatemtem(m): 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
This thread don open my eyes again

Talmbout free health and education..that's going to save some cash on the long run
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 31, 2020
ProJectAnatot:
Do you know that of other health care professionals like ( Physiotherapist, Radiography, Med lab Science ) ??
Copied the post from a blog. I don't know. I'm not even a nurse but my sister is
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by ProJectAnatot(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2020
anastasius:

Copied the post from a blog. I don't know. I'm not even a nurse but my sister is
Okay! Thanks.
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Les: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
anastasius:
August 25, 2020

BNSc is required.
IELTS 7 in each component and you are allowed to combine if the tests are taken within 12 months, OET is also accepted with a score of 350, combination is also accepted. These two basic requirements are the first thing that makes you eligible for registration.
First Stage: The Nursing Council New Zealand (NCNZ) process is in three stages, firstly CGFNs credential evaluation(you need 5 documents for this, Nigeria nursing council verification, criminal check, photo ID like passport, employment reference and your ( IELTS/OET)

Second stage - they will send the report to NCNZ directly and the NCNZ will issue you a decision letter to apply for CAP - Competency Assessment Program. The decision letter usually comes with a list of accredited CAP provider and their tuition fee ranges from 6000-10000 nzd which has to be fully paid.

Third Stage: After you have gotten a CAP placement and you have paid, you need the school receipt , decision letter and your bank account statement that will show that you can pay for your flight and support yourself financially during your CAP.

Please note that you will not be paid during your CAP and you are not allowed to work in any capacity until you are fully registered and you will be on a visitor visa for that 3 months. After your CAP you will write a mini exam and your CAP provider will submit your application for your licence.

Fourth Stage: As soon as your licence comes usually within 2-3 weeks you can get a job and convert your visa to a work visa. This allows you to bring in your family and immediately you get a work visa you are eligible for residents permit as a skilled migrant. Nurses are given priority and you will get it faster than other non health professionals.

Important Notes:

NZ does not have an embassy in Nigeria but you can get your visa via south Africa. No stress, the courier will pick up your passport from your home drop it off in SA and they will call to inform you when the visa is ready and courier will return it back to you. When you are applying for your family, you can do it online for them since you are already in NZ.

Also, there are no agents to sponsor you in NZ the only agents available are Asians but you have to pay them but it doesn't worth it, the processing is easy and very transparent you can save that money for your upkeep or part of your CAP fee.

CAP classroom lecture is only for 2 weeks of basic nursing procedures like vital signs and few pharmacology calculations, it's a time for you to shine because I know Nigerian nurses are intelligent.

For now NZ route is the cheapest and easiest way to get in to Australia registration pathway through their trans Tasman agreement. With your NZ licence no exams required, you only need to pay a token to get your Australia registration.

If you have post basic nursing please do not apply for registration with it only apply for RN registration, the speciality experience will help you get a job in that field and from there you can study to get their own post graduate certificate if you wish. And if you're already registered in an English speaking country and wants to relocate to NZ, you can get a waiver for English proficiency but other processing remains same

On a lighter note, the money you spent migrating to New Zealand or Australia is worthwhile, because at the end of the day your kids can enjoy free education and free health.

For further enquiries, kindly drop your questions in the comment and i will be glad to provide you with good responses. You can as well subscribe to the blog in order to receive an alert for a new info.

The best wishes.

I want to go to NZ for my MSc in Biotechnology, what can u tell me about acquiring their Visas? must I go to SA for their Visa?
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Hibiscus62: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2020
anastasius:

Please can I have a link to the blog?
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Cousin9999: 6:33am On Oct 24, 2020
Good info!
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by Texlym90(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
anastasius:
August 25, 2020

BNSc is required.

Important Notes:

The best wishes.

Please can someone that graduated from college of nursing and post basic in paediatrics make application to New Zealand as well?
Re: Abc Steps To Obtain New Zealand & Australia Nursing Registration by kumbhuru: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
ProJectAnatot:
Check Twitter for physiotherapy

(1) (Reply)

Need Ghanaian Passport / The Imformation You Must Know About Tofel And How To Pass Tofel At One Sitting / Ibom Tropicana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.