Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) (610 Views)

My Experience Buying Redmi Note 9s From Slot Online / My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / Does Having Big Phone Screen Affect The Use Of Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,I read infos,posts and comments on this forum for years which I find to be informative,educative and entertaining but i have a painful experience today to share to encourage people to thread carefully dealing with people in far distance online based on trust;mostly families,friends,close relatives either to buy or sell things for them,any gadget,phones etc.

NOTE:Pls,bear with me.its a really detailed information.

We avoid dealing with strangers in far distances,but people we know too can be chameleons,i maybe am right or wrong.
We need to wise up but only God can help us.
We Better deal one on one with people to be safe from loosing our hard earned money.
I know some people online still keeps their integrity wholeheartedly and may be trusted,but how do we know?
My Hard Experience:Where Did I Go Wrong?
I opened this account few days ago,Wednesday I think,with the intention of getting and fixing my Samsung Note 9 screen that got smashed on Monday and began to flicker on Tuesday,though it was a bit cracked months before.
I got offers to buy good screen from all around within and outside Lagos,but who is to be trusted with money online.
Thursday morning,my brother reminded me of a very close phone engineer we knew in Lagos,he was like a family,we lived in the same compound then,though he has relocated last year to Benin with his family.
I Chatted him on Thursday afternoon and after much discussion,he later got and introduced a popular seller he knew in Benin who had an Original note 9 follow come screen,though 75k.
They sent few pictures,convinced me and I believed them both after speaking with the guy too.
We concluded that i should pay 70k and based on trust and relationship with this man that was very close to my family,so that night;I sent a sum of 50k transferred to him with the hope of getting the screen by Saturday in lagos and sending him the 20k balance.
Do you believe on Friday morning I spoke with the man,he said he was going to meet the seller to get the screen that the seller hasn't reached office,that he would call me back immediately he gets it.
I said no problem.
Hours,after hours,after hours,no call came in from him nor from the seller.
The mistake I made was not getting the sellers number because I spoke with them both from my phone number and the seller was to get my number from him.
Do you believe that since that Friday morning,I didn't hear from the guy,I kept calling till I got tired overnight of Friday,thrgh Saturday again,no result untill he called me around 11a.m today,
I got really mad,but had to calm down,but question I asked was pls,have you sent the screen because I didn't hear anything since.
Next he said was that,he was very,very sorry,that after withdrawing the money I sent him on Friday morning,he was together with a friend with his laptop going somewhere,and on the way to the screen seller,that SARS accosted him and the friend,collected the laptop and arrested them that they were Yahoo boys.
Immediately I heard this,I almost collapsed.
Do you believe they were arrested and just released today?
They were asked to pay 250k,though he said they found some suspicious things in the friend's laptop which he knew nothing about.
They detained them and at last agreed to collect 120k from them today.
He begged them since frida and told them his mission and purpose of the money with him,they didn't listen,seized the money and turn off the phone,and collected it till this morning until the friend's family raised the 70k to balance them before they were released this morning.
He sent some pics of proof of arrest,video chat in which he look terribly exhausted and dirty.
I even started pitying his family for the tension.
This is a man whose wife has been in the hospital since Monday after a surgery and still looking for money for bills.
I even promised to send him 30k as balance instead of 20k so that he will take 10k to support the bill.
I didn't even know what to say again after all this.
I I dint know whether to trust him or not until the terrible friend too spoke with me to confirm their ordeal.
I was still not myself thinking I would loose 50k just like that,until 30mins ago,he called me again to speak with the wife too.
She started begging me to forgive them.
This was a family that was nice o,I felt bad agn,though i was pained,the guy had to show video of them,wife on bed and two daughters inside the hospital.
Sincerely,I had to give up by saying the woman should just get well and not bother,that I will settle it with the husband later.
I didn't just know what to even do again.
Really,I need my phone badly but i cant afford to fix the screen again now with all this scenario.
So ,I made up my mind and decided to get another phone to buy as the 50k seems lost alredy from the scenario.
I only hav 40k plus left in my account,so this is the reason am selling my Samsung note 9 in the state now to raise money to get another phone.
It's so painful I hav to sell it like this as I never taught of selling the phone in the nearest year,a year old phone but I cant raise money or get money from other source at this period now to get the screen fixed again.
It is my only phone and i need another phone urgently.
I manage my cousins malfunctioning spare phone now.
My Ordeal!
What should I do with the guy?
Though he promised raising the money back but at no time.
Is it with his family's present condition?
Am just weak of words to tell him
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by daddytime(m): 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hardluck.
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note9,Perfect
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Jung(m): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
I have 30k
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2020
Life Goes On
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2020
S.N.9
Re: Read(My Experience Buying A Phone Screen Online) by investigator007: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2020
Next time you want to fix your home screen, just go to carlcare and get it fixed

(1) (Reply)

National Id Card / You Have A Phone At 25k? / Infinix Hot 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.