Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? (60843 Views)

‘Why Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria’s Retail Market’ - The Guardian / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Chevron Quitting Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Prokaryote: 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
Shoprite wan play fast and furious to an Ibadan man....agreement is agreement

13 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Dshocker(m): 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
Shoprite is at fault

6 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Agbebakun22: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Billionaire plenty for this country oo this man and kidwaya dad I no sabi dem before.... God make me sef test beta life before I will come meet u o

6 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Golan007: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
But some people prefer to blame Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Dollabommie(m): 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by slimanyd: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
Harry Akande. Some of the silent trillionaires we have in naija. But you will never see them gallivanting or flaunting there dollars like some ......

27 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Lamasta(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
Shoprite must be forced to pay for damages for breach of agreement

1 Like

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Glycosunde: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
It is very nice to know the full discuss before jumping to conclusion. Shoprite is going nowhere.

Meanwhile...........

It's legal...

What will you be doing as a girl or woman for the next 9months 

You can make as much as #1,500,000 (one million, five hundred thousand naira) for being a surrogate mother.

All applicants who are interested to be a surrogate mother should contact me via this number 08085454942 or WhatsApp. And if you also know anyone who is interested, kindly call or WhatsApp for more information. 

Note: if you are a man, woman or a couple also looking to have a child through surrogacy, you can also reach me on 08085454942

2 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by dalass(f): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
Omo'badan kini so?

He don 'so' them who e be as correct and astute businessman grin

Because if ordinary $10M. They want to run? grin

8 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Peteru1st(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nigerian news is always confusing, I thought they already said they ain't leaving anymore. see another news now? this country eehn, I just tire. nothing is correct, nobody is okay.

1 Like

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by backwardneva: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
IgboSomalia:
Good one. This is why Igbos must move being ordinary trading to become masters of business. Not just import and exports and trading. If it were an Igbo businessman, he would be busy shouting hatred and marginalisation instead of taking sensible steps to secure his interest.
Must we always compare.Gosh

6 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by jcross19: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
IgboSomalia:
Good one. This is why Igbos must move being ordinary trading to become masters of business. Not just import and exports and trading. If it were an Igbo businessman, he would be busy shouting hatred and marginalisation instead of taking sensible steps to secure his interest.
the same igbo man dealt with GTbank and am sure GTbank ass was whipped .

9 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by NORSIYK(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Igbos give you children of demon sleepless night.
You vultures from the waste won't make one sentence without roping Igbos into it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by just2endowed: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
merits:
Good one,trap don catch monkey.

Na so, good for them.
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by CodeTemplar: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
Iamdemola:
South African owned Companies are just something else and they will be quick to blame Nigerians for scam. Isn't this tantamount to scam?
Breach of agreement is different from scam except u r looking to justify yahoo yahoo at all cost.

3 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Agugbadin: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
My advice to international business men and women coming to Nigeria for business should be extremely careful, because too many hawks out here in Nigeria who want to reap where did not saw.

3 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Hedonisco: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
I don't believe this. A whole Shoprite can't run away because of a mere $10m judgement debt. If so that means their operation in Nigeria was child's play. $10m pere, then you hurriedly run? Means they weren't profitable and the entire operation was only waiting for an excuse to exit.

3 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by backbone503(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
Throwback:
Business is all about contract.
And every detail should be documented - in black and white.
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Breach of agreement is different from scam except u r looking to justify yahoo yahoo at all cost.

Last I checked, scam means a dishonest scheme or a fraud. And in my opinion, agreement is breached through dishonesty, except you have a different meaning.

Is it only yahoo yahoo that scam entails in your definition?

1 Like

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by nkiliuzo(m): 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
this are mad o, why didn't they share this news since. they wanted to tarnish Nigeria reputation ( no be even say we even get better one b4) on investments from foreigners, and here we were thinking another thing
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Tareq1105: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Agbebakun22:
Billionaire plenty for this country oo this man and kidwaya dad I no sabi dem before.... God make me sef test beta life before I will come meet u o

His wife, Chief Mrs Onikepo Akande was the Minister of Industry during Gen Abdulsalam regime.

8 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Eriokanmi: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Chairman!!!
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Agugbadin: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
My advice to international business men and women coming to Nigeria for business should be extremely careful, because too many hawks out here in Nigeria who want to reap where did not sow.

2 Likes

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by GamalNasser: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
Mynd44:
So they wanted to quickly dispose of their shares in Nigeria and run off before the judgment is activated. Wow

And Nigerians were here blaming the Nigerian government and unfavourable business environment when it is the itself isn't playing fair and abiding by legal agreements

What is 10 million dollars that Christie Wiese will run away a from Nigeria for ? The truth is that the Mr Wiese is passing through serious financial challenges international due to a bad deal he got involved in somewhere and the fledgling Nigerian Economy and unstable forex issues making them run at a loss here soon and trust me he no longer has the capacity to absolve losses because he to is having really serious financial challenges

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by GamalNasser: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
slimanyd:
Harry Akande. Some of the silent trillionaires we have in naija. But you will never see them gallivanting or flaunting there dollars like some ......

Cool down the man hand don fall
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by favor914: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
ShenTeh:
Smart move from the business mogul and his team.

But where Op get this detailed info? Are you an insider?
Copy & paste news from 2 weeks ago.
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by SaintBeehot(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
Agugbadin:
My advice to international business men and women coming to Nigeria for business should be extremely careful, because too many hawks out here in Nigeria who want to reap where did not saw .
it's sow and not saw, educate yourself before you criticize.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by winnah(f): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
OP didn't say that shoprite was leaving... But behind every rumors, there's always a hidden truth....

On the other hand, AIC limited chairman is only doing the needful..... Should in case they even consider leaving Nigeria.... That court injunction will serve as a barrier for them to liquidate....(no exit option for now)

They die here, whether business is bad or not.... They ain't going no where....

Harry is the real champion....

Peteru1st:
Nigerian news is always confusing, I thought they already said they ain't leaving anymore. see another news now? this country eehn, I just tire. nothing is correct, nobody is okay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Advocate500:
I just reported one of your like and he has been banned,I am also monitoring this moniker if you can't make your point without dragging tribe along I will ensure u serve a ban.

But u don't report if it was the other side that insulted yoruba..

U r not fighting a just fight at all....
Re: Is Harry Akande The Reason Shoprite Is Quitting Nigeria After Negating On Deals? by everyevery: 8:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
that is not correct o
Onikepo Akande is the wife of the owners of splash fm and western inland Tv

His wife, Chief Mrs Onikepo Akande was the Minister of Industry during Gen Abdulsalam regime. [/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Naira Was Naira / Do It Yourself - Contract Version / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.